no real life pictures on match up screen

haseeb.malik31

so what do you guys think of having no real life picture on matchup screen i feel both good and bad they said that this is mainly because they want our custom player to feel like its a part of real wwe

If anything I think its a good thing. Caws just look so shit on the match up screen compared to the renders of in game characters. The only other way to go to remedy that would be if they allowed us to add our own renders, but quite frankly I think it'd be a waste of logo slots and you can just imagine the abundance of absurdly shitty renders we'd start getting attached to caws.

. . .logo slots. . .

If I were to make a wishlist, that'd be at the top of "Things to Eliminate." It should be inputted to the respective system hard-drive as an in-game save file. That way, if in-game renders were a possibility, there would be no limits to worry about and we'd easily cancel the shitty ones through hot keys. If their new age developers gave a damn, they'd reroute this feature so it was individually managed in the system UI instead. The new firmware update should be able to allow this feature as folders are now a possibility.

• Like 1

Well yea I completely there. The logo limit is a massive pain in the ass, especially considering they don't even give you anywhere near enough to get the most out of the creation suite and max out all your caws, championships, and arenas. If they did something about that limit then I'd be all for allowing us to add custom renders for the match up screens (even though I can see that being a mixed bag, and don't particularly want to go to that extra effort).

If anything I think its a good thing. Caws just look so shit on the match up screen compared to the renders of in game characters. The only other way to go to remedy that would be if they allowed us to add our own renders, but quite frankly I think it'd be a waste of logo slots and you can just imagine the abundance of absurdly shitty renders we'd start getting attached to caws.

it would also be time consuming. i can't express the sheer amount of headaches i got with adding selection screen pics to caws because you had to save every single caw before adding them.

and i also like this since last year it was hard to tell what attire was what. like "Raw November 12th 1997" for instance. there's no way to remember what that is on the fly lol

. . .logo slots. . .

If I were to make a wishlist, that'd be at the top of "Things to Eliminate." It should be inputted to the respective system hard-drive as an in-game save file. That way, if in-game renders were a possibility, there would be no limits to worry about and we'd easily cancel the shitty ones through hot keys. If their new age developers gave a damn, they'd reroute this feature so it was individually managed in the system UI instead. The new firmware update should be able to allow this feature as folders are now a possibility.

i definitely wouldn't mind that. and i'm glad we're getting folders for ps4. i always felt that as long as you had the HDD space you should have a finite number of save space as long as you don't run out. i get it though they have to allocate cause you could easily download a game or something and take up all the space but then at that point that' where the message of "you must clean out space" should appear. atleast in theory that's how it should work.

I always felt that having real life pictures, then your CAW's picture, created a kind of disconnect. Having all pictures be from in-game just has a nicer feel and sense of consistency to me, looks less tacky.

I always felt that having real life pictures, then your CAW's picture, created a kind of disconnect. Having all pictures be from in-game just has a nicer feel and sense of consistency to me, looks less tacky.

yeah i hope this means they work on adding back the match up screen animations they used to have. i used to enjoy that

• Like 1

"We're going to include in-game pics instead of official renders to show the quality of our models!"

Yet the majority of models are shite

Oh god I hope they do it for old-gen too, really looking forward to half of the menu looking like cheap CAWs

"We're going to include in-game pics instead of official renders to show the quality of our models!"

Oh god I hope they do it for old-gen too, really looking forward to half of the menu looking like cheap CAWs

ummm they're not called renders. they are called selection pics.

and if you're on last gen, i'm sorry you're lucky you even got a game this year. by all rights last gen should have been cut last year. i'm not saying this to be rude, it's just a fact. you've had about 4 years to save up for a current gen system. just saying

and if you're on last gen, i'm sorry you're lucky you even got a game this year. by all rights last gen should have been cut last year. i'm not saying this to be rude, it's just a fact. you've had about 4 years to save up for a current gen system. just saying

This is a render. http://orig07.deviantart.net/08af/f/2016/171/c/d/john_cena_2016_render_by_ambriegnsasylum16-da6z4uo.png Which is the thing I'm talking about

About the last part, you need to buy a good sarcasm detector

This is a render. http://orig07.deviantart.net/08af/f/2016/171/c/d/john_cena_2016_render_by_ambriegnsasylum16-da6z4uo.png Which is the thing I'm talking about

no that's not a render. that's considered a selection screen pic. the models in the game are what's considered a render.

or i could even go further and say that when you are creating a video you are creating a render because you are rendering the video to be exported in the format you desire.

also there was no "LOL" so it's kind of hard to detect sarcasm thru just text. most people that use sarcasm the right way via text atleast use the "LOL"

no that's not a render. that's considered a selection screen pic. the models in the game are what's considered a render.

or i could even go further and say that when you are creating a video you are creating a render because you are rendering the video to be exported in the format you desire.

also there was no "LOL" so it's kind of hard to detect sarcasm thru just text. most people that use sarcasm the right way via text atleast use the "LOL"

no that's a render jeff

also people who are not on the spectrum don't need a giant "LOL THIS IS SARCASM" neon sign. It's clear as day I was being sarcastic: you know, how I said I was really looking forward to a clearly terrible thing...?

LOL, how the fuck would you know the correct way to use sarcasm? I caught his sarcasm just fine, you've just always struggled with it. And since I used the "LOL" I guess I better clear up any confusion, there is absolutely no sarcasm in my post.

Uh that selection screen pic is a render. You're right in stating the models are renders, but any picture that has had its background removed is also considered a render.

LOL, how the fuck would you know the correct way to use sarcasm? I caught his sarcasm just fine, you've just always struggled with it. And since I used the "LOL" I guess I better clear up any confusion, there is absolutely no sarcasm in my post.

Uh that selection screen pic is a render. You're right in stating the models are renders, but any picture that has had its background removed is also considered a render.

sarcasm aside, i guess i never considered that the definition of a render. even the 2k devs referred to the actual models as renders. i get that render is the name that was adopted a long time ago for selection screen pics. maybe because around the time of svr11 they were animated. but i guess you can be right as well.  BUT.. In my defense, the Selection screen pics in 2k16 did have a background lol (i know i'm splitting hairs here)

Edited by Jai