Who Plans On Creating Custom Storylines In WWE2K17?

AnticsOfAnthony

Yeah, I highly doubt Story Designer is going to be returning in WWE 2K17 at this point, but I've seen several creative individuals (such as Smacktalks himself), find ways to still come up with entertaining videos anyways, despite the lack of a proper feature to do it. With the announcement of the Promo feature, I'd like to believe that it will help make things a little easier for people who enjoy making custom stories. I doubt they'll give us the ability to choose what is said, or how such promos play out, but hopefully it's better than nothing.

So here is the real question - Who here plans on creating custom stories within WWE 2K17, who will star in them, and what will they be about (if you feel like sharing)?

I always have custom storylines in Universe just to make things more interesting, don't mean I'm gonna film them.

Fair enough. I probably should have been more specific. Any current plans, or do you come up with them as you go along?

I always have custom storylines in Universe just to make things more interesting, don't mean I'm gonna film them.

Fair enough. I probably should have been more specific. Any current plans, or do you come up with them as you go along?

I usually just wing it, but when the situation presents itself ( aka the big PPV's or an interesting feud comes to mind) I will plan things out ahead of time.

I'm the same as Penguin I guess. I try to treat universe mode like I'm booking a wrestling show, so I like to plan out storylines and keep track of wins/losses to keep solid divisions and stronger build ups any time I decide to push someone for a title. Although it's largely a way to force myself to utilize more of my roster and keep the mode more engaging for longer because in previous games I found myself falling into the trap of just using the same people every week, which I can't exactly do when I have my favourites feuding with one another.

No intention of filming any of it though.

Edited by HiPcavallo
  • Like 1

i usually take whatever is happening in wwe right now/or what happened in the past and make a few twists and turns. like when i did wcw there was no way to do a 3 on 2 handicap tag match so i had to do a few changes. and with the whole Universal title thing i hated that title so i used the rumored design instead (the one that was floating on the net for about a month that had the winged eagle design with the wwe logo on it) and had Rollins win it.

I usually just wing it, but when the situation presents itself ( aka the big PPV's or an interesting feud comes to mind) I will plan things out ahead of time.

i think the one thing that messes me up the most is say you get that cutscene where the guy attacks the other rival and he's supposed to be in the corner but it ends up being the wrong person knocked down. 

then the cutscene with the chair on stage. to be fair, it's kind of stupid that you can get dq'd after using the chair after the cutscene even though the match hasn't even started yet.

so yeah it's always good to have workarounds.  I usually just horde alot of cutscenes so that when i'm recording i just have a slew of scenes to insert at will but i know not everyone does that so yeah. i really wish we had a cutscene viewer or injector or something.

• Like 1

I will be doing custom storylines etc. I already have a 5 page story going so far, and also will incorporate my own showcase video series also to start up my YouTube channel. I can't wait for this game and share the ideas I have with everyone!