MC Mahon's confirmed for WWEK217. IGN roster reveal starts August 2nd

gamingfan

IGN roster reveal starting on next tuesday.

Stephanie, Shane, and Vince McMahon have all been confirmed as playable characters for 2K's upcoming wrestling title, WWE 2K17

This news comes directly from Stephanie McMahon herself, who announced it today on Twitter.

This marks the beginning of what will be a five week roster reveal event which will begin next Tuesday right here on IGN. Similarly to last year, we'll be dropping large chunks of the roster on you with weekly posts, but this time around there's going to be a bit of a twist. This year's reveal event will be called Suplex City Census, and we're going to get the community a little more involved with this one.

Definitely be sure to come check out IGN next Tuesday, August 2 at 6am Pacific time for more details and the first big drop!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/26/stephanie-shane-and-vince-mcmahon-confirmed-for-wwe-2k17

Edited by gamingfan

So a 5 week roster reveal. It was 6 weeks last year. Is the roster size reduced or will they announce large amount of superstars  (More than 20) each week. Hope it is latter.

Edited by gamingfan

I won't be surprise if 2K steals the spotlight from Ign again like they did last year & the year before that I think. I would love a roster reveal from Ign but I doubt it's gonna happen at all.

• Like 2

Didn't 2K give IGN the cold shoulder and failed to make an impressionable appearance a few years ago? I wonder what prompted this partnership all of a sudden. IGN must be used to getting walked all over on.

Here is the WWE.com confirmation link: http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k17/article/wwe-2k17-roster-update-mcmahon-family-shane-stephanie

Wonder if Hogan is back in the god Graces enough to be in the game....

Also With the recent signings and rumours it would be cool to have Kendrick and Rhyno back in the game too...

Ugh, Hogan is not going to be back. His lawsuits with Gawker are still ongoing and far from resolved, the dust has settled on the whole racism/sex scandal for now but the issue is far from resolved. Until it is we won't be seeing Hogan back because it puts WWE in an awkward position as there's no telling when it could be back making the news rounds, and it inevitably will be back in the news at some point (doesn't matter how insignificant it may seem, even if it's just "Hogan's lawsuits with Gawker have finally been resolved" that's still a reminder that Hogan said racist shit and got caught fucking his best friends wife on camera). And even when it is resolved we don't know how things will play out, if shit gets ugly that's going to delay any potential return even longer. At the very least it'll be another year before we see him in a game, more likely 2-3.

Ugh, Hogan is not going to be back. His lawsuits with Gawker are still ongoing and far from resolved, the dust has settled on the whole racism/sex scandal for now but the issue is far from resolved. Until it is we won't be seeing Hogan back because it puts WWE in an awkward position as there's no telling when it could be back making the news rounds, and it inevitably will be back in the news at some point (doesn't matter how insignificant it may seem, even if it's just "Hogan's lawsuits with Gawker have finally been resolved" that's still a reminder that Hogan said racist shit and got caught fucking his best friends wife on camera). And even when it is resolved we don't know how things will play out, if shit gets ugly that's going to delay any potential return even longer. At the very least it'll be another year before we see him in a game, more likely 2-3.

there's a very slim chance. he was featured on WWE Countdown last week in the "greatest smackdown moments" episode. not sure if it was a rerun or whatever but it aired right after raw went off last week. so I just say slim lol if not atleast they can give us his entrance and moves and atleast the comeback.

That isn't the same thing though. They can use existing footage of the guy that they already own, and acknowledge his history with the company to a certain extent. What they can't do is sell his merchandise, create new content (like a character in a video game), or be seen as having any kind of ongoing relationship with him, business or otherwise. Putting him in the game becomes a business arrangement and that's where they have to draw the line. Best case scenario you get his moves and taunts back, beyond that is expecting too much. Also just consider how prominent those Gawker news stories were around Mania when they were doing the face scans, only way he would make the cut is if he's a late inclusion as DLC like Samoa Joe was last year and the last thing they're going to do is reintroduce him this game as DLC where they would be forced to advertise his inclusion.

That isn't the same thing though. They can use existing footage of the guy that they already own, and acknowledge his history with the company to a certain extent. What they can't do is sell his merchandise, create new content (like a character in a video game), or be seen as having any kind of ongoing relationship with him, business or otherwise. Putting him in the game becomes a business arrangement and that's where they have to draw the line. Best case scenario you get his moves and taunts back, beyond that is expecting too much. Also just consider how prominent those Gawker news stories were around Mania when they were doing the face scans, only way he would make the cut is if he's a late inclusion as DLC like Samoa Joe was last year and the last thing they're going to do is reintroduce him this game as DLC where they would be forced to advertise his inclusion.

yeah like I said slim chance very slim lol thank goodness for the Hogan creators. it's not the same but we've gone thru this from 08-2012 so I think we will survive lol. plus the current wwe has sucked me back in again so i'll probably just do a current universe this year.

yeah like I said slim chance very slim lol thank goodness for the Hogan creators. it's not the same but we've gone thru this from 08-2012 so I think we will survive lol. plus the current wwe has sucked me back in again so i'll probably just do a current universe this year.

finally I can drink those tears when the club is announced as dlc

I just hope Yokozuna makes into the game. Its very difficult to make the CAWS of big guys.

Also 2K not bothered to reveal the info and revealing the roster. It seems like there are not many changes when compared to WWE2K16 apart from roster.

finally I can drink those tears when the club is announced as dlc

I just hope Yokozuna makes into the game. Its very difficult to make the CAWS of big guys.

Also 2K not bothered to reveal the info and revealing the roster. It seems like there are not many changes when compared to WWE2K16 apart from roster.

you can't just make that assumption. it could be changes. this is how their marketing always is

MC Mahon sounds like a great rapper name.

Not to equally be confused by Mekon.