i found a site that is giving the downloads for mods

some wwe fan

They should've asked for permission first - sharing is fine as long as it's either marked as "free to be shared" or you get the author's permission. Otherwise...no no! Besides...Russians or not - it doesn't matter really. I know a lot of Russians personally and they're honest and fine people. Religion and/or origin don't say much about a person - everyone's different. Just had to point that out.

• Like 1

The problem with it being a Russian site, they don't recognize IP theft, so you can't even report them the way you would on something like blogger. The only way to stop them would be a DMCA takedown, which would have to come directly from 2k, and I don't even think you can DMCA a Russian site, there isn't much we can do, other than sign up for accounts there, then shitpost and troll them until the site becomes unusable.

• Like 1

That's the reason why my mods all have a password (!)
thanks for your understanding :/

In the past other guys have released my mods on youtube.

c'mon...It's not okay...

Edited by Dennis-Bieser
  • Like 1

The problem with it being a Russian site, they don't recognize IP theft, so you can't even report them the way you would on something like blogger. The only way to stop them would be a DMCA takedown, which would have to come directly from 2k, and I don't even think you can DMCA a Russian site, there isn't much we can do, other than sign up for accounts there, then shitpost and troll them until the site becomes unusable.

I second that.

• Like 2

I second that.

me too

Just wondering, is it really bad that they share the mods? If they don't give credit or they say it's theirs I get it, but I can't see the harm in just sharing them, unless the creator specifically uses ad.fly links or similar to get some profit of it, which they deserve of course.

• Like 1

Just wondering, is it really bad that they share the mods? If they don't give credit or they say it's theirs I get it, but I can't see the harm in just sharing them, unless the creator specifically uses ad.fly links or similar to get some profit of it, which they deserve of course.

That is the exact problem

• Like 1

Didn't expect one of my mods to be up there,but it was and it's literally just the mediafire link(there was an adf.ly link) all of the mods (that I've seen so far) put up there aren't adf.ly links.He even has a PH.Guy Splash Screen with PH.Guy's logo still on said splash screen.

Edited by B-FTW

This sounds like it could be a good time. :D

I dont create MODs myself, but i totally respect the creators wishes & dont share stuff like that for the simple reason that you guys do go through all of the hard work to make this game more enjoyable for us. Even if i have to ask for a PW or click an adfly link to give you a little something back, you guys are totally in the right for that. I mean they seem to even give the updates for when you guys are showing upcoming releases saying "Coming Soon". Thats total BS right there!

yeah I seen that site before, they have almost everyone stuff there including mine. Even the .rar files I uploaded are recompiled to their own without my read me files in them to make it look like its theirs. there's always going to be people like this. so annoying

This shit is incredibly grimey, but not to sound xenophobic, you get that with Russian users and proxy servers.  Piracy is really not a regulated deal with Russian servers. you can rip shit from anywhere and store it in a Russian domain

Edited by The Brand

yeah I seen that site before, they have almost everyone stuff there including mine. Even the .rar files I uploaded are recompiled to their own without my read me files in them to make it look like its theirs. there's always going to be people like this. so annoying

Interesting. My stuff is up there too, but it seems to just be my links directly.

My analytics had shown that I had clicks of my links from somewhere other than where I've posted my mods. I had always wondered where else people were clicking from. Guess I know now. My analytics also show clicks by region. Those "unknown" clicks are almost the exact same quantity as the clicks coming from Russia. Coincidence? :/

Edited by LordJustice17
  • Like 1