Game Crashes editing CAWS? ps4

Brianthespaz86

So I haven't played the game in a while but I turned it on 2 days ago and been playing since. I noticed on some of the caws I edit or try and make 2nd attires for when I try and save the game actually crashes and all the work done is lost. Why is this happening, is there a way to stop it, has this happened to others, and is this happening on both nextgens or just PS4? it happened like 2 or 3 times the last time I played about 4 or 5 months ago and I reported it but obviously it didn't do much to get it fixed.

Well, according to people on the other side of the spectrum, it's a cause that's indirectly related to the custom face logos and it's the price we have to pay as a result. There have been pages upon pages and threads upon threads written about it that it rendered effective to drive a nail in the coffin and divide the community even more. 

But, if you want to have a pleasant CAWing experience, there's a lengthy trial and error process through 2K Sports's arachaic logo deletion system which would take upwards to almost days if we factor the number of hours it would take to delete 1000 logos by factoring in the load times in between and considering it boots you back to the main menu of the logo deletion system so you're always reverting back to where you deleted the last logo.

To save yourself the headache though, just create a new profile, and make your CAWs on there if you want to "play" only for the purpose of showcasing CAWs. But, if you want to stay put on your original profile, you're essentially traveling with excess baggage in the sense that there will be "errors" the original copy will detect because of unauthorized coding. It's the reason for the dark line effect on CAWs during in-game matches, stilled images, and an overlay effect as well. It's the affected consequence though modding should render this problem almost nonexistant. But, then again, modding would solve a majority of the issues we encounter to begin with anyways. 

It's all up to you on what decision you ultimately choose to consider. I'd like the inputs of several other CAW makers who have basically been able to circumvent this issue and they'll perhaps attribute their succes entirely up to luck. It's a matter of them sharing how many profiles and saves they've gone through (whether any at all for that matter).

I'm on Xbox One, but I had the game crash three times while I was making Jay Lethal's attire. I tried to use a = design for the lines on his boots to see if I could get a decent result with it and save a couple of layers, but I tried adding it twice and both times the game crashed. The third attempt was to see if it was the specific design or lettering altogether (think I just used an A, but I don't think it really matters), also tried adding = designs everywhere else and it worked fine, and also tried adding every other type of design and had no problems, but for some reason adding lettering to the boots kept crashing my game. Aside from that I've never had the game crash on me in caw mode, although for what it's worth Jay Lethal is my most recent caw.

Edited by HiPcavallo

Here is what I have come to in terms of this horrible bug.

1. This has been a thing since the final update of 2K16
  2. This happens to any CAW/Superstar/Diva no matter what
  3. You CAN edit and save any edits to your CAW/Superstar if you DON'T have an alternate attire.
  4. This one is iffy. If you DO have an alternate attire, you can save any edits you make as long as you don't have a jacket. Weird I know but this happened to me.

Hope this is somewhat helpful and hopefully this is gone in 2K17.

I'm on Xbox One, but I had the game crash three times while I was making Jay Lethal's attire. I tried to use a = design for the lines on his boots to see if I could get a decent result with it and save a couple of layers, but I tried adding it twice and both times the game crashed. The third attempt was to see if it was the specific design or lettering altogether (think I just used an A, but I don't think it really matters), also tried adding = designs everywhere else and it worked fine, and also tried adding every other type of design and had no problems, but for some reason adding lettering to the boots kept crashing my game. Aside from that I've never had the game crash on me in caw mode, although for what it's worth Jay Lethal is my most recent caw.

Yeah, it's definitely the lettering.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to people on the other side of the spectrum, it's a cause that's indirectly related to the custom face logos and it's the price we have to pay as a result. There have been pages upon pages and threads upon threads written about it that it rendered effective to drive a nail in the coffin and divide the community even more. 

But, if you want to have a pleasant CAWing experience, there's a lengthy trial and error process through 2K Sports's arachaic logo deletion system which would take upwards to almost days if we factor the number of hours it would take to delete 1000 logos by factoring in the load times in between and considering it boots you back to the main menu of the logo deletion system so you're always reverting back to where you deleted the last logo.

To save yourself the headache though, just create a new profile, and make your CAWs on there if you want to "play" only for the purpose of showcasing CAWs. But, if you want to stay put on your original profile, you're essentially traveling with excess baggage in the sense that there will be "errors" the original copy will detect because of unauthorized coding. It's the reason for the dark line effect on CAWs during in-game matches, stilled images, and an overlay effect as well. It's the affected consequence though modding should render this problem almost nonexistant. But, then again, modding would solve a majority of the issues we encounter to begin with anyways. 

It's all up to you on what decision you ultimately choose to consider. I'd like the inputs of several other CAW makers who have basically been able to circumvent this issue and they'll perhaps attribute their succes entirely up to luck. It's a matter of them sharing how many profiles and saves they've gone through (whether any at all for that matter).

i don't think it's just face photos and stuff like that. i downloaded an x woods new day battle ground attire and was just trying to change the sleeveless they added so it would look better when he would wear the tag belt and it would crash. then i just tried creating my own and the same thing happened. i seriously just think they didn't q/a test the game that much at all cause they were probably too pressed to remove hogan

Yea, it's obviously Hogan's fault they didn't have enough time to test the game properly. Hitting the delete button takes a lot of time and effort :\

i caught that sarcasm by the way.

but i would surmise that since they had to remove every single hogan reference via commentary, all that time that they usually use around that time (august) to q/a test before certifying it gold, it went to that. that's why i feel this series could really benefit from an "every other year" type of release with dlc released on the off year. so they could really fine tune it.  dont' get me wrong, i love and anticipate getting a wrestling game every year but the no title matches in universe upon release, the future stars pack Universe crash which basically kinda felt like a stock crash of 1929 and the caw crashing is just a major reason why they really need to really find a way to convince wwe to let them work on the series longer.  18 months just doesn't cut it anymore. in fact i don't think it ever did.

Holy shit, I never thought I'd see the day!

Removing Hogan would've been more tedious than time consuming, as it is they already should've known exactly where to look for anything related to Hogan. Should've taken no more than a day for one guy to get rid of everything. Compared to everything they had to add to 2K16 removing Hogan (and even including him in the first place considering he was most likely copy/pasted from 2K15 for the most part) would've been insignificant by comparison. Any number of potential faults could've delayed them far longer as well, and that's something they would need to be prepared for (not that any amount of preparation would necessarily help when they're on such a tight schedule to begin with). They didn't have enough time to test the game properly because they didn't have enough time to make the game properly in the first place. Was removing Hogan a setback? Yes, but a minor one, and it certainly doesn't explain or justify them not having enough time to test the game. The reality is a member of the development team taking a day off work likely would've made the same impact.

Holy shit, I never thought I'd see the day!

Removing Hogan would've been more tedious than time consuming, as it is they already should've known exactly where to look for anything related to Hogan. Should've taken no more than a day for one guy to get rid of everything. Compared to everything they had to add to 2K16 removing Hogan (and even including him in the first place considering he was most likely copy/pasted from 2K15 for the most part) would've been insignificant by comparison. Any number of potential faults could've delayed them far longer as well, and that's something they would need to be prepared for (not that any amount of preparation would necessarily help when they're on such a tight schedule to begin with). They didn't have enough time to test the game properly because they didn't have enough time to make the game properly in the first place. Was removing Hogan a setback? Yes, but a minor one, and it certainly doesn't explain or justify them not having enough time to test the game. The reality is a member of the development team taking a day off work likely would've made the same impact.

LOL i don't know. it may be because 2k14 had a bunch of hogan related commentary, and i even think wwe13 referenced him a little bit not alot so there's that but yeah. all we can do is hope it gets better lol