WWE 2K17 NXT edition

Penguin

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1562/15626911/3094106-2kgmkt_wwe2k17_nxtedition_beautyshot_noratings_final.jpg

• A copy of the WWE 2K17 video game;
  • Exclusive premium packaging;
  • NXT Enhancement Pack:
    • Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews;
    • 50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;
  • Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
  • Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
  • Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:

2K Sports informed us that the NXT superstars will be available on launch day for those who purchase the NXT Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The NXT Enhancement Pack--which includes the three stars--will be available for purchase later this year as downloadable content. PS3 and Xbox 360 players can purchase the NXT stars as DLC on launch day.

Source: Gamespot

I also asked about the Digital Deluxe and whether it would include the NXT pack like the Hulkamania Pack was included in the Digital Deluxe for WWE 2K15, and was told “the Digital Deluxe Edition WILL NOT include the NXT Enhancement Pack.” I was not given a timetable for when the pack would be available to purchase or whether it would be a part of the season pass.

I’m not a fan of holding active superstars behind a paywall like this. When it was the Hogan pack, Warrior pre-order bonus or even Goldberg this year as a pre-order bonus, they are all at least legends who weren’t on WWE programming on a weekly basis. In this case, fans of these three superstars have to buy the $100 NXT Edition to be able to play them on PS4/XB1 on launch. Especially for gamers who are digital only, you have no other recourse than to wait for the pack to be available on the respective digital storefronts.

Source: Operation Sports

https://wwe.2k.com/#preorder/wwe-2k17/wwe-2k17-collector-s-edition 

Edited by Penguin

I haven't bought a physical version of a game since the ones that came with my PS4, but I have to say this is pretty tempting. I hope the digital deluxe version includes Shinsuke though.

Edited by Tidal

I hope the digital deluxe version includes Shinsuke though.

2K Sports informed us that the NXT superstars will be available on launch day for those who purchase the NXT Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The NXT Enhancement Pack--which includes the three stars--will be available for purchase later this year as downloadable content. PS3 and Xbox 360 players can purchase the NXT stars as DLC on launch day.

Source: Gamespot

I also asked about the Digital Deluxe and whether it would include the NXT pack like the Hulkamania Pack was included in the Digital Deluxe for WWE 2K15, and was told “the Digital Deluxe Edition WILL NOT include the NXT Enhancement Pack.” I was not given a timetable for when the pack would be available to purchase or whether it would be a part of the season pass.

I’m not a fan of holding active superstars behind a paywall like this. When it was the Hogan pack, Warrior pre-order bonus or even Goldberg this year as a pre-order bonus, they are all at least legends who weren’t on WWE programming on a weekly basis. In this case, fans of these three superstars have to buy the $100 NXT Edition to be able to play them on PS4/XB1 on launch. Especially for gamers who are digital only, you have no other recourse than to wait for the pack to be available on the respective digital storefronts.

Source: Operation Sports

In comparison to that God awful Hogan edition that we were given a few years ago, this appears to be a decent snag though the season pass is missing and will be a separate purchase...again. So, let's do the math on this shall we?

Collector's Edition with NXT Enhancement and Goldberg DLCs: $100

+Season Pass: $25

Grand Total: $125

Digital Deluxe Edition with Season Pass: $90

NXT Enhancement DLC: ~$6 to $8

Sub-Total: ~$96 to $98

+Goldberg DLC if you don't pre-order: ~$5

Grand Total: ~$101 to $103

Base Game: $60

Season Pass: $25

NXT Enhancement DLC: ~$6 to $8

Sub-Total: ~$91 to $93

+Goldberg DLC if you don't pre-order: ~$5

Grand Total: ~$96 to $98

If you're going to be paying $100 on the game anyway, I guess you could pretend you bought the statue for $25. The downside is that it won't be digital and you can't split the price with a friend.

Anywho, good show on predicting Nakamura's inclusion Joseph. Not only that, but with this announcement, he'll technically be Day One DLC for those purchasing the collector's item.

But, pretty bullish that they're monetizing things further seeing that those who won't purchase the collector's edition will need to spend extra for Nakamura, Uhaa, and Nia. It's only going to get worse each year. Before the entrepreneur cavalry hops in to defend the business model, in perspective of the consumer, it's like a turd served on a platter except you're not only paying for the turd, but the plate, the napkins, the utensils, and the condiments on the table along with a mandatory tip all coupled together with tax.

Ill never purchase anything wwe or 2k again if they dont make all three of these available to everyone via dlc.

The NXT Enhancement Pack--which includes the three stars--will be available for purchase later this year as downloadable content.

Literally the post above you.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 1

Hindsight's 20/20.

Oh, didn't realise it was US only. So the rest of the world isn't getting Shinsuke on release day? Awesome

That sure makes it easier to skip the console versions and wait for the PC release this time around.

Looks great, so I'm going to presume that some more NXT talent will be on the disc, strange that they pick Apollo (no longer NXT), Nia Jax (not a 'top' tier, but then again theres two top tier women in NXT) and Nak (shame that he is behind a paywall). So will we see Asuka, Bayley, American Alpha, Revival, Aries on the game? From this pack the only thing I'd really want is the ring relic since I was at that event but that stuff can bee got through the card packs. On top of all that its not even going to be on PC (the NXT edition) because we get the game 4 or 5 months late, by then we will get the NXT DLC for free. If I was playing on a console and had the money to throw down for this I would, but I don't play console and neither do I have the money. At least we can sort of guess that NXT will take larger presence in the game. 

I'd say Aries won't be in the game, dlc would be a big maybe

Actually I keep forgetting he debuted on NXT before Shinsuke, he should be in the game if Nakamura's in it

BTW from the box 16 people have been confirmed 

Aiden English
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Bayley
Big Cass
Blake
Dana Brooke
Dash
Dawson
Enzo Amore
Finn Balor
Murphy
Nia Jax
Samoa Joe
Shinsuke Nakamura
Simon Gotch

Edited by DrJoeyMagnumRyan

image.jpg

image.jpg

This should confirm American Alpha, Austin Aries, and Tye Dillinger as well.

it does not come with the season pass so you're basically paying for Nakamura.. basically.

i'm not that much into nxt. but i'll wait for them to release them like they did for Hogan/sting and Terminator/Terminator lol

I already got the DDE preordered 89$ is money well spent. the only thing I guess I wouldn't be getting is the statue stuff. it's cool but i'm a grown man so it would just sit on a table getting dust.

anyway I would have thought 2k would have just bundled the season pass with all bundles after the uproar 2k15 caused. we'll see how this pans out

image.jpg

image.jpg

This should confirm American Alpha, Austin Aries, and Tye Dillinger as well.

I wouldn't try to just go by pictures.. or anything like that unless confirmed by 2k.. we all know how that went last year with the 4HW

Ill never purchase anything wwe or 2k again if they dont make all three of these available to everyone via dlc.

The NXT Enhancement Pack--which includes the three stars--will be available for purchase later this year as downloadable content.

i guess thats what happens when youre running on fumes. My bad

Edited by LastRide123

I'm definitely buying this when its comes to the uk on game. I'm very excited for this years game and finally more nxt superstars and divas. Finally a game I can enjoy.

yeah don't worry lol it's not like it's Dimps /Dragon Ball xenoverse where they had SS4 Vegeta for preorder and never released him lol.  They always release the dlc even the exclusives the only exclusives I remember being locked was the Season pass exclusives. (hall & nash outsiders) and (goldust and ddp)

I'm definitely buying this when its comes to the uk on game. I'm very excited for this years game and finally more nxt superstars and divas. Finally a game I can enjoy.

you do realize the season pass doesn't come with that right?

• Like 1

yeah don't worry lol it's not like it's Dimps /Dragon Ball xenoverse where they had SS4 Vegeta for preorder and never released him lol.  They always release the dlc even the exclusives the only exclusives I remember being locked was the Season pass exclusives. (hall & nash outsiders) and (goldust and ddp)

what do you mean what doesn't with the Sean pass. 

When will this nxt edition come to the uk.

Sean passed what? Gas?

tumblr_nkfq8bDLjZ1u8sdxuo1_1280.jpg

what do you mean what doesn't with the Sean pass. 

When will this nxt edition come to the uk.

the nxt collectors editon doesn't come with the season pass