WWE 2K17 NXT edition

Penguin

NJPW Indy? Jai himself used to watch WCW. Which for a number of years had a partnership with NJPW. Just to add. 

so now you want to jump on me. and that was 25 years ago. things change. and they were only featured and mentioned on wcw programming. I have asked 3 times now what channel are they featured on? states or overseas and still no one is answering that question. okay maybe you don't see NJPW an indy but I consider any organization that is not advertised as much as wcw wwe or tna ever has been is independent. but i'll ust leave it at that. I've had a very stressful morning and my doctor tells me I need to avoid losing my temper or dealing with a bunch of meaningless arguments.

NJPW Indy? Jai himself used to watch WCW. Which for a number of years had a partnership with NJPW. Just to add. 

He ain't the sharpest knife in the tool box 

it's just as independent as ROH, GFW, lucha underground etc etc and etc. but whatever. you people just find any and every reason to gang up on someone.

That was answered, Penguin even quoted you and everything when he answered you. But again they're on AXS TV in America. Yea things change, NJPW's international audience has grown and they're currently receiving more exposure than ever. Again America is not the be all and end all, NJPW has been advertised far more than TNA and even WCW, most of that advertising has just been in their native Japan where they dominate the market. We aren't looking for an excuse to gang up on you, your argument is just flat out wrong, and you've made no valid points to support your argument.

But since you fail to understand the distinction I'm just going to point out that wikipedia considers NJPW a major promotion, and has a separate list for all of the independent promotions in Japan. And no NJPW's classification as a major promotion is not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

• Like 1

so now you want to jump on me. and that was 25 years ago. things change. and they were only featured and mentioned on wcw programming. I have asked 3 times now what channel are they featured on? states or overseas and still no one is answering that question. okay maybe you don't see NJPW an indy but I consider any organization that is not advertised as much as wcw wwe or tna ever has been is independent. but i'll ust leave it at that. I've had a very stressful morning and my doctor tells me I need to avoid losing my temper or dealing with a bunch of meaningless arguments.

He ain't the sharpest knife in the tool box 

it's just as independent as ROH, GFW, lucha underground etc etc and etc. but whatever. you people just find any and every reason to gang up on someone.

That was answered, Penguin even quoted you and everything when he answered you. But again they're on AXS TV in America. Yea things change, NJPW's international audience has grown and they're currently receiving more exposure than ever. Again America is not the be all and end all, NJPW has been advertised far more than TNA and even WCW, most of that advertising has just been in their native Japan where they dominate the market. We aren't looking for an excuse to gang up on you, your argument is just flat out wrong, and you've made no valid points to support your argument.

But since you fail to understand the distinction I'm just going to point out that wikipedia considers NJPW a major promotion, and has a separate list for all of the independent promotions in Japan. And no NJPW's classification as a major promotion is not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

I wasn't really saying that and Wikipedia is not the best place to cite sources. I've gotten incompletes in college cause I cited Wikipedia as a source so yeah but I understand I didn't see penguin's post and I wasn't trying to say NJPW wasn't relevant in fact it's the opposite and i'd love to see more of it but I just considered it part of the independent circuit because it's not talked about as much as it used to be. had no idea it was televised here in the states I thought seriously the only way to watch was via youtube or XWT

Meh, I know wikipedia isn't the most credible source but I couldn't be fucked googling it, it was an accurate list anyway. You can also watch it on NJPW World, only drawback is it's a subscription service so it'll cost you roughly $9-$10 a month, but you also get full access to their video library. That's how I watch it. They also do a lot of crossovers with ROH (which have increased considerably this year), so there's that to. To be fair I guess NJPW has lost a bit of steam this year with the departures of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kota Ibushi, Doc Gallows, and Karl Anderson. But they're still getting a lot of attention, and still have a lot going for them. For one thing Tetsuya Naito and Kenny Omega have really stepped up to help fill the voids left by AJ and Nakamura, Naito in particular has had an outstanding year. The Best Of The Super Juniors tournament got a lot of attention for the match between Will Ospreay and Ricochet, despite taking a devastating blow early in the year (When AJ, Gallows, and Anderson left) Bullet Club has rebounded somewhat and is still going pretty strong (and selling so much merch it isn't funny), their talent is getting a lot more exposure through the working relationships they have with ROH and CMLL, and as a result of expanding those relationships they're getting more exposure than ever. Personally I must say the current feud between Chaos and Los Ingobernables De Japon (Led by Kazuchika Okada and Tetsuya Naito respectively, who have feuded over the IWGP World Title), and Tetsuya Naito's ascension to the main event is probably my favourite thing currently going on in wrestling. Not to mention there also in the middle of the G1 Climax which is always a highlight of the year for NJPW (If you aren't familiar with it it's the biggest annual tournament in all of wrestling, basically its a round robin tournament with competitors split into two blocks, at the end of it whoever has the most points in their block moves on to the finals with the winner earning a world title shot at Wrestlekingdom, which is basically NJPW's Wrestlemania), I'm a little behind with it as I've been busy but what I've seen has been really good so far.

Meh, I know wikipedia isn't the most credible source but I couldn't be fucked googling it, it was an accurate list anyway. You can also watch it on NJPW World, only drawback is it's a subscription service so it'll cost you roughly $9-$10 a month, but you also get full access to their video library. That's how I watch it. They also do a lot of crossovers with ROH (which have increased considerably this year), so there's that to. To be fair I guess NJPW has lost a bit of steam this year with the departures of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kota Ibushi, Doc Gallows, and Karl Anderson. But they're still getting a lot of attention, and still have a lot going for them. For one thing Tetsuya Naito and Kenny Omega have really stepped up to help fill the voids left by AJ and Nakamura, Naito in particular has had an outstanding year. The Best Of The Super Juniors tournament got a lot of attention for the match between Will Ospreay and Ricochet, despite taking a devastating blow early in the year (When AJ, Gallows, and Anderson left) Bullet Club has rebounded somewhat and is still going pretty strong (and selling so much merch it isn't funny), their talent is getting a lot more exposure through the working relationships they have with ROH and CMLL, and as a result of expanding those relationships they're getting more exposure than ever. Personally I must say the current feud between Chaos and Los Ingobernables De Japon (Led by Kazuchika Okada and Tetsuya Naito respectively, who have feuded over the IWGP World Title), and Tetsuya Naito's ascension to the main event is probably my favourite thing currently going on in wrestling. Not to mention there also in the middle of the G1 Climax which is always a highlight of the year for NJPW (If you aren't familiar with it it's the biggest annual tournament in all of wrestling, basically its a round robin tournament with competitors split into two blocks, at the end of it whoever has the most points in their block moves on to the finals with the winner earning a world title shot at Wrestlekingdom, which is basically NJPW's Wrestlemania), I'm a little behind with it as I've been busy but what I've seen has been really good so far.

yeah see I just never knew that. I guess Wikipedia is a bit more reliable than it was in say 2013. so yeah.

and yeah NJPW lost a lot of big names. I also think they need to bring back the J-Crown unless they already did. from my understanding it went defunct/retired in 07 or 08? atleast that's what I thought I read.

that's cool though

The loss of big names doesn't help, I really miss having AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura around but they're rebounding just fine. The working relationship with ROH is certainly helping, The Briscoes are a very welcome addition to the heavyweight tag team division, Adam Page was great in his recent debut and appearances (Must say I love his new Hangman gimmick, him and Yujiro Takahashi are a surprisingly good tag team to), and they're planning to have Adam Cole start splitting his time between ROH and NJPW sometime after the G1 Climax so I'm really looking forward to that. The somewhat recent addition of Will Ospreay to the roster was also a pretty big gain, and he's been getting a lot of attention recently. They're just still in a bit of a transitional phase right now, but I think what's most important is the wrestling landscape has changed over the past few years. It used to be that if you weren't competing for WWE the place to be was TNA, these days if you aren't competing for WWE the place to be is NJPW which is a massive step in the right direction.

Na the J-Crown is still retired, I think the last one was in 2010 or 2011. But I can't say that with any certainty, I only started following NJPW in 2014 around the time AJ Styles started working there. I've gone back a bit in their video library, but I don't think I've really ventured much further than 2013 (and even then it was mostly just to watch stuff with Bullet Club under Devitt's leadership).

The loss of big names doesn't help, I really miss having AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura around but they're rebounding just fine. The working relationship with ROH is certainly helping, The Briscoes are a very welcome addition to the heavyweight tag team division, Adam Page was great in his recent debut and appearances (Must say I love his new Hangman gimmick, him and Yujiro Takahashi are a surprisingly good tag team to), and they're planning to have Adam Cole start splitting his time between ROH and NJPW sometime after the G1 Climax so I'm really looking forward to that. The somewhat recent addition of Will Ospreay to the roster was also a pretty big gain, and he's been getting a lot of attention recently. They're just still in a bit of a transitional phase right now, but I think what's most important is the wrestling landscape has changed over the past few years. It used to be that if you weren't competing for WWE the place to be was TNA, these days if you aren't competing for WWE the place to be is NJPW which is a massive step in the right direction.

Na the J-Crown is still retired, I think the last one was in 2010 or 2011. But I can't say that with any certainty, I only started following NJPW in 2014 around the time AJ Styles started working there. I've gone back a bit in their video library, but I don't think I've really ventured much further than 2013 (and even then it was mostly just to watch stuff with Bullet Club under Devitt's leadership).

yeah my only worry is I know how cautious wwe is about stiff strikes and stuff and they don't come any stiffer than tajiri or shinsuke. I remember reading about RVD almost getting suspended cause I think he busted kane open (when he was masked) with that diving kick he does.

yeah I forgot who they said had the last J-Crown but I enjoyed seeing that.  I remember when Ultimo dragon put the j-crown on the line against I think either rey or malenko in wcw and that's how he won one of the cruiserweight title reigns he had. I think it was in either late 96 or 97. it was just stuff that NJPW represented in wcw that gave wcw that added edge..  but yeah i'll definitely look at more of that.  When I was living in vegas I had the opportunity to go to one of the early GFW shows but I changed my mind cause chris masters and Shelton were the only 2 people I knew that were advertised LOL.

but yeah my comments were never meant to be anything negative, I just felt like the way njpw doesn't get as much promotion like it used to in the 90s it seemed more independent to me. and when vince bout wcw and ecw that pretty much gave him the monopoly over wrestling which just plain sucked. lol

They actually get more promotion than they did in the 90's. ROH promotes them way more than WCW ever did for one thing (and more often than not putting over NJPW talent any time they turn up), plus just look at how much attention Bullet Club has got for NJPW. If you follow independent wrestling at all Bullet Club are everywhere, just look at how much work guys like the Young Bucks get for example, and when he was IWGP World champ AJ Styles was working fucking everywhere he could (and taking the belt with him to promote NJPW). They've also done a lot more to try and capture an international audience the past few years than they ever have, and getting some solid promotion in Mexico through their working relationship with CMLL. The only difference is in the 90's they were getting more mainstream exposure through WCW, whereas now it's more targeted at independent wrestling fans.

They actually get more promotion than they did in the 90's. ROH promotes them way more than WCW ever did for one thing (and more often than not putting over NJPW talent any time they turn up), plus just look at how much attention Bullet Club has got for NJPW. If you follow independent wrestling at all Bullet Club are everywhere, just look at how much work guys like the Young Bucks get for example, and when he was IWGP World champ AJ Styles was working fucking everywhere he could (and taking the belt with him to promote NJPW). They've also done a lot more to try and capture an international audience the past few years than they ever have, and getting some solid promotion in Mexico through their working relationship with CMLL. The only difference is in the 90's they were getting more mainstream exposure through WCW, whereas now it's more targeted at independent wrestling fans.

yeah that's true. yeah I think wcw really only promoted for the most part Chono, Muta, Norton, Dragon, and Kaz (I think he was in NJPW at one time or another cause they kept talking about how Dragon, Kaz and Sonny Oono had history)

From the nxt edition promo;

50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;

Does this mean for EVERY caw/wrestler you take through the mode or JUST the FIRST caw/wrestler you take through the mode?

From the nxt edition promo;

50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;

Does this mean for EVERY caw/wrestler you take through the mode or JUST the FIRST caw/wrestler you take through the mode?

if it's anything like the kickstart, it'll be an option in the my career options and it should apply to every caw/wrestler you take thru the mode. atleast that's how the my player kick start worked for 2k15 and 2k16. But it would help if 2k would actually explain that cause this is just pure speculation