Tryna buy a new phone

Auday

So my phone is dying and support stopped for it. I am trying to get a new phone but I am not sure what I should get. I am stuck between an iPhone 6s plus and an Asus Zenfone 2.

Zenfone 2 costs 1/3 of what an iPhone would cost. To get the iPhone I need to pay $300 down payment and keep paying $35 each month for a couple of months. On the other hand, I pay $250 and I get the Zenfone 2 right away without having to pay anymore later since it's on sale now.

The Zenfone 2 has 4 rams and the iPhone has 2 only. It's the first phone in the world to have 4 GB of rams. It's also 64 GB and you can extend that with an SD card. The iPhone is 64 GB and unextendable. But memory isn't a matter for me since 64 will be more than enough. The asus has an intel processor which I assume is good. Both have the exact same camera specs except the iPhone can film 4k which I don't give a fuck about. I am not really a die hard android or iOS user. I tried both and can live with both. iOS looks better but Android gives you a lot of flexibilty to what you can do to your phone. Add to that the Zenfone has some nice accessories.

I am kind of stuck here, my mind says go for the asus but the prestige says get the iPhone and waste your money lol. Asus are so good with computer parts and all this shit but I am afraid they're not that good with phones?

Don't really know anything about the Zenfone, and to be honest if it were me I'd always be more inclined to go for the cheaper option since I give zero fucks about my phone. But it really sounds like the Zenfone is the much better deal, personally I'd go for that rather than piss away considerably more money just for a brand name.

The 6s is a waste of money. I had it for a month and with all the technical glitches I ran into with its software, I ultimately decided to stick with what I had initially--the 5s. 6s isn't easy on the hands either as its heavier. I don't know much about the Zenfone so I can't have any say in it unfortunately. But, I definitely recommend staying away from last year's annual Apple upgrade.

The oneplus 3 has 6gb ram in it! £309, fucking bargain and an awesome phone!

As for Asus and computer parts, they buy in the same shit at any other laptop manufacturers etc, they maybe just put thrm together better than others or put less shit software on. Doesn't mean the phone build would.be similar to their PC/laptop builds

Apple.is far too fucking expensive if you dont have an issue using android!

The oneplus 3 has 6gb ram in it! £309, fucking bargain and an awesome phone!

As for Asus and computer parts, they buy in the same shit at any other laptop manufacturers etc, they maybe just put thrm together better than others or put less shit software on. Doesn't mean the phone build would.be similar to their PC/laptop builds

Apple.is far too fucking expensive if you dont have an issue using android!

Looked for it and it was either $400 or $500, not sure. Didn't want to pay more than $300. I do have around $600 on me but meh, would much rather get me an RX 480. It had a nice design and good specs tho but I am a cheap ass when it comes to phones except if I was gonna do a down payment then finish the rest later.

I ordered a Zenfone 2 and cancelled it next day (Was lucky enough NewEgg had a good customer service who did it for me.) anyway I cancelled it to get an iPhone. Today I went to T-mobile and I was like meh, fucking $300 down payment and $30 every month for 2 years? not fucking doing that let me wait again.

Lastly I came back home and did a huge ass research and found like 5 different good under $300 phones, out of all of them I was about to get the Zenfone 2 again lol until I noticed that LG G4 is only $275. :o

Fucking hell, the screen is 2k 5.5" screen, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB capacity, 16 rear and 8 MP cameras and a removable battery (Nice to see them bringing back the old trend, now I can hold 2 batteries on me rather than a huge ass power bank.) Add to all that a really good looking phone.

75-136-355-01.jpg

75-136-355-02.jpg

After finding it I got pissed off that there is a G5 lol. But it kind of looks ugly so it was fine. Only downside on the G4 is the buttons under the camera honestly but I can live with it. It dosen't have a fingerprint too but it has a 2k screen so I am good.

Fucking Apple robbing people. I can also fucking root this phone and get a lot out of it.

Lg's own software on that phone is buggy as hell! Mate got one and liked it at the time, but jumped to an s6 which came out around the same time and saw a massive difference in performance. Seemingly its processor let's it down despite the ram!

I read they had android v6 fix a lot of shit on the phone. Either way a Samsung s6 is probably twice as much as an lg g4. Its only $275. Add to that I don't use phones that much, last phone I had was an iPhone 5 which dates back to like late 2013? Yeah I don't change em that much, barely use them.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit I just bricked my phone lol. I've been flashing custom roms and rooting for like 4 years so I am not a newbie at all. This shit was so easy to brick but it's all good I returned it now as "defective" lets see what happens lol. good thing I was flashing an official rom and not a custom one, I hope that dosen't void the warranty. NewEgg is usually lean with customers and if anything happens I will play the dumbass role.

Really pissed tho, I've never bricked a phone before and done this shit on 2 phones and a tablet without problems. All I was trying to do is upgrade to Android 6.0 which is available for the phone as the official website says but I never recieved the update on the phone so I had to do it through PC. They better get that shit replaced for me.

My 6S randomly turns off anytime it's below 40% battery. Sometimes, if you stand on one leg and point the jade monkey head towards the full moon, you can get it to stay till the end of it's own predicted charge. I Googled it, it's a common issue, fixes include hard resets, recovery mode restores, sacrificing seven virgins while vigorously masturbating....I can't fix it.

And I'm with Sunny, it's too big, they made a mistake following Samsung in the bigger is better race. It's awkward to hold, awkward to use, and I have decent sized hands, just ask the virgins I strangled. I'd give that iPhone SE a crack, because it seems my jam, otherwise get something else.

• Like 4

surely its almost impossible to fully brick any phone these days? everything is reversible 

it's fully bricked, doesn't turn on at all. The only way to fix it is buying an expensive tool or sending it to someone to fix it for around 50 bucks. If newegg dosen't send me a new one I will have to send it for 50. 

auday is a tard though

hey at least I have the balls to brick a phone I bought less than 3 weeks ago. I bet your hairy catfishing arse can do that.

If some expensive tool can get it working, knowledge of adb will get it working for free. Fact!

Never knew such thing existed although I did a lot of reaserch on how to unbrick a phone and all the topics I read on XDA said there is no way so I gave up on researching after 3 topics. Anyway I hope NewEgg will just send me a new one then I will brick it and try to unbrick it using adb. If that dosen;t work they will have to send me the 3rd phone. It's not my fault the phones they're selling are defective. :(

It 100% depends on what OS you want. As cool as Android phones look to me, I can't use anything else but iOS. It's the OS I have used for almost a decade. My iPhones have always worked consistently and jailbreaking is a must. Never run in to any issues that others in this topic have.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you got the phone yet , but if you were kinda looking for a cheaper alternative here you go , this is where I got my iPhone from.

Swappa.com

Ended up buying a new gold S6 edge+ for around $340. Sealed from NewEgg. They had it in the shellshocker deals. A really good deal I would say. Chaper than used.