Old WWE 2K14/WWE '13 entrance animations have no facial expressions

jakeypearce

So I've just tried replacing the much, MUCH, MUCH shittier Retro Rock entrance with the much, MUCH, MUCH better one from 2K14/'13. I can confirm it works, however the wrestler has no facial expression. Just a blank poker face. If anyone wants to, replace the 2K16 model with the one from 2K14, and let me know the results, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Very interesting that it does actually work! Lack of facial animation is a downside in some cases, but being that a lot of mods have no facial animations anyway it wouldn't be a problem in some cases.

Cool!

I don't have access to those files so I can't check - but it would be great if those animations were portable.  I'd love to get the nice nWo trio entrance working in 2k16.  Or any trio entrance for that matter :unsure: - since the last two games have been really light on entrances for people that aren't already in the games.

Very interesting that it does actually work! Lack of facial animation is a downside in some cases, but being that a lot of mods have no facial animations anyway it wouldn't be a problem in some cases.

I am referring to the PS3/360 version, NOT the PC version.

I am referring to the PS3/360 version, NOT the PC version.

Bro yesterday I tried to replace a wrestler from 2k16 (xbox 360) with a mod of 2k15 but it didn't work. I tried to manually update the arc file because the pac was bigger but I failed. The game however checked the arc with no problem and also I selected the replaced wrestler with no issue but when it comes to load the pac file it crashed at the loading screen of the match. Maybe someone other could help us man I'm really stuck with modding this year, the only thing I managed to work is changing the number of attires and replacing titantrons :(

Have you changed the EMD line in a hex editor to that wrestler pac (e.g if the wrestler was called "ch100", then in a hex editor, you would rename the EMD line at offset 0x800 to 100)?

If anyone wants to, replace the 2K16 model with the one from 2K14, and let me know the results, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Just tried, and the same result happened as before. I suspect that it's largely due to the 2K14 EVP being incompatible with 2K16. Mathayus, have you had any luck at all?

Edited by jakeypearce

Yeah but the format of the pac file in 2k16 between xbox 360 and ps3 are different, xbox 360 pach for example of the rock is "0001" for the ring attire and "00010001" for the entrance attire however for the 360 version that's nothing to do because we can't update the arc file neither manually, the only way to have mods according to @tekken57 is to run the game without arc file.

the only way to have mods according to @tekken57 is to run the game without arc file.

...which isn't possible due to the odd compression of the xex file, making it impossible to run the game without the arc file. 

Just tried, and the same result happened as before. I suspect that it's largely due to the 2K14 EVP being incompatible with 2K16. Mathayus, have you had any luck at all?

Never can fix that. I think it was something part in the EVZ file but I don´t understand so much about hex editing. An expert probably could find and fix that.

I wonder if the facial expressions work under a different slot. The Retro Rock entrance has his eyebrow raise, which only worked with both Rocks. With anyone else the raise would not happen. Mathayus, are you prepared to do it?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the facial expressions work under a different slot. The Retro Rock entrance has his eyebrow raise, which only worked with both Rocks. With anyone else the raise would not happen. Mathayus, are you prepared to do it?

Sorry, I´m not around here so much. I tried in the past, but i haven´t the knowledges in hex to fix that.

Sorry, I´m not around here so much. I tried in the past, but i haven´t the knowledges in hex to fix that.

Don't worry. What have you tried before?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry. What have you tried before?

I tried looking for info in the hex that would looks different between the same entrance between 2016 and 2014. For Example The Rock entrance. They added classic Rock but the entrance sucks if you compare it with his 2k14 entrance.

• 2 weeks later...