Finally made the move to next gen - advice needed on face photo capture for CAW creation

Cajunrazorback

An old gen user, just got started with WWE 2K 16 on PS 4.  Face photo capture seems to always leave some edge artifacts and lines; also, in some case when I try a body texture there seems to be a "glow" rather than blending in (also happens with some face captures).  I noticed on CC that some of the better face images seem to use the old face texture application, but I don't have a clue on how to create those.  I've done OK with logos, but with faces I've tried uploading the photo, knocking out the photo and uploading with no background, and also eliminating the hair and using the eraser on about 40% opacity in photoshop to try to smooth out the edges.  On Zack Sabre Jr, I started with a very good hi rez original of his face, but ended up with shading artifacts.  Tried using the facepaint mask and lowering opacity.  If you want to take a look, I've uploaded 3 CAW's (PS4) - Zack Sabre Jr (old Noah attire and new football attire), Brian Kendrick (his winged skull attire), and Tyler Black (old indie look using face photo instead of Seth clone - his old "vamp" gear).

Tyler came out without artifacts thanks to the long hair and beard (although it was a good hi-rez image, to me it still didn't come out looking that much like him); Kendrick came out with just a faint edge but with a slight glow in the face, and Zack came out a bit plastic.

Any advice or tricks on smoothing out the photo captures would be appreciated, plus if anyone knows of a tutorial on the old face texture technique I'll give a try at that.

Whoops - on PS 4 Community Creations my tag is junglekingkazar.  If you search for "Tyler Black" and most recent, I think mine is the last one uploaded, and that should lead you to the rest - sorry about that.

Edited by Cajunrazorback
clarification on console; Community Creations tag info added
  • Like 1