WWE2K17 Cover revealed!

AJ_HeelTurn

whoopti fucking do..

so unless we get angle, punk, hogan and eddie in said showcase (if there even is one) it will be boring as hell...

here are your objectives: Arrive, beat up smaller guy... leave for 6 months... YAY!

on the plus side however atleast theres an excuse for them to fix his damn retarded entrance and fix his face.

• Like 1

5anwyh.jpg

It's official folks!

• Like 1

The cover looks alright. But it looks like the game is coming out October 11th 

probably trying to not compete with titanfall battlefield and call of duty but coincidentally it releases on the same day of GOW 4 lol atleast we know there will be a midnight release for it

What's the latest on Kurt Angle? Because this should confirm a Brock Lesnar showcase if I'm correct. Punk and Hogan are a far cry for obvious reasons. Brock has also had some decent matches out of Benoit and Mysterio in the past as well, but they won't be in of course.

This showcase has all the makings to be the worst one yet as mentioned before.

If that's the case, we'll have the same eight superstars rotated for the showcase:

John Cena
Triple H
Big Show
The Undertaker
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Kofi Kingston
Dean Ambrose

From his run previous run, we'll likely have to start with Mark Henry at SmackDown!, and then Dwayne at SummerSlam since The Hardys and Rob Van Dam aren't affiliated with WWE these days with fillers between those that include matches with Big Show, A-Train, and Taker.

Shame I won't be able relive my personal favorite Lesnar moment.

(Win the submission mini-game to make Zack succumb to your chin lock. Find the target zone to make Zack go to sleep. Win the quick time event to pressurize Zack so he has no chance to fight back. Press Triangle to go Full Beast Brock. Repeatedly press X to engage Maximum Crash Overdrive! Hold Circle to laugh sinisterly.)

Or this, brock-lesnar-mariachi-o.gif. Well, fill in the blank here. You crazy kids are pretty wild about Dance, Dance, Revolution.

• Like 1

That match will only have two objectives anyways. Press Triangle to stiff. Push Square to shatter the fuck out of Holly's neck.

holly-anim.gif

• Like 2

I think RVD will be in the game. He was showing some positive signs few weeks ago when someone asked him on twitter if he is in 2k17.

It will be one of the boring showcases without the guys like CM Punk, Hogan, Angle, Hardcore Holly, Hardy Boyz and Benoit.

The only positive is we may get Eddie Guerrero.

Yea a Lesnar showcase would suck, the only benefits I can see would be getting RVD, Eddie, and Angle. Let's just hope it's both short and isn't the only showcase, 2K15 had multiple showcase's so there's no reason 2K17 couldn't have more right?

• Like 1

Yea a Lesnar showcase would suck, the only benefits I can see would be getting RVD, Eddie, and Angle. Let's just hope it's both short and isn't the only showcase, 2K15 had multiple showcase's so there's no reason 2K17 couldn't have more right?

Pretty much how I feel.  A lot of the unlockables are already in the game (or the stuff to make them is). 

These are the possible unlockables I've got.  This is just from memory, and I'm not a Lesnar fan, so I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

Early/Ruthless Aggression run
-Mark Henry '02
-Matt & Jeff Hardy
-RVD
-Rock
-Undertaker '02
-Big Show '02-'03
-Angle
-Heel Rapper Cena
-Hogan (doubtful, I'm just listing everyone that's possible)
-Rey
-Eddy

And now the (for the most part) pointless stuff...
-Cena '12
-HHH '12
-HBK '12
-HHH '13
-Punk (see: Hulk Hogan)
-Undertaker '14
-Cena SummerSlam '14
-Cena NOC '14
-Cena Royal Rumble '15
-Rollins Royal Rumble '15
-Reigns WM31
-Rollins WM31
-Taker SummerSlam '15
-Taker HiaC '15

Arenas
-KOTR '02
-SummerSlam '02
-SmackDown '02
-No Mercy '02
-Survivor Series '02
-Royal Rumble '03
-WrestleMania 19
-SmackDown '03
-And a bunch of 2012-2015 arenas that we basically have

And I doubt the Goldberg match will be in since he's POB, but if it is, then we'd get a WM20 arena.  Also if they do bonus matches, Protoype and Shelton Benjamin from OVW could happen... but probably won't.

Edited by Replicant13

Behind the scene photos and new information. Apparently, Heyman's recored lines for MyCareer Mode and you take the path of a "Paul Heyman Guy."

Pretty much how I feel.  A lot of the unlockables are already in the game (or the stuff to make them is). 

These are the possible unlockables I've got.  This is just from memory, and I'm not a Lesnar fan, so I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

-Mark Henry '02
-Matt & Jeff Hardy
-RVD
-Rock
-Undertaker '02
-Big Show '02-'03
-Angle
-Heel Rapper Cena
-Rey
-Eddy

-Cena '12
-HHH '12
-HBK '12
-HHH '13
-Undertaker '14
-Cena SummerSlam '14
-Cena NOC '14
-Cena Royal Rumble '15
-Reigns WM31
-Rollins WM31
-Taker SummerSlam '15
-Taker HiaC '15

Arenas
-KOTR '02
-SummerSlam '02
-SmackDown '02
-No Mercy '02
-Survivor Series '02
-Royal Rumble '03
-WrestleMania 19
-SmackDown '03

And I doubt the Goldberg match will be in since he's POB, but if it is, then we'd get a WM20 arena.  Also if they do bonus matches, Protoype and Shelton Benjamin from OVW could happen... but probably won't.

Yea and that's half the problem. All the guys he's faced since 2012 will be in the game anyway, except for Punk who most certainly won't be in it. And most of the guys from his early run (excluding early versions of characters we'll get anyway) aren't going to be in it. Hulk Hogan definitely won't be in it, Rey isn't likely, it's pretty much a certainty the Hardy's won't be in, and even Kurt Angle may not make the cut (which would be pretty fucking absurd considering Lesnar's feud with Angle is the only thing he ever did worth showcasing in the first place, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. They probably wouldn't even want to cover his title win at Wrestlemania 19 due to his epic shooting star botch). Adding to that list the only other possible names I can think of are Haas and Benjamin (don't recall him wrestling those two in a match that could be featured but he feuded with Angle while they were a part of Team Angle. I would admittedly love to see them in the game though), Hardcore Holly, and the final 6 competitors in the 2003 Royal Rumble which only adds 2002 Kane, Batista before he was even remotely relevant, and fucking Maven of all people. But I'm really just grasping at straws there because I doubt any of those guys would make it in (well Batista maybe, but not Batista that young). Out of everyone they possibly could've chose to do a showcase for Lesnar is one of the worst choices, not only are the potential benefits largely neutered but current Lesnar requires virtually every match he's had to sustain it, and retro Lesnar, while he had some very memorable moments only really had two decent storylines that could actually be featured. One of which I might add was with The Big Show, and the other was with Angle and there's a good chance it won't even be featured. We better get more showcases, or at least a very solid roster of legends or I'll be pretty disappointed, and quite likely won't buy the game otherwise.

Lame if this means Lesnar showcase.  I was hoping for a major WCW presence in this game, especially considering the design of the background.  I'll have to look at DLC and things like that to be sure, but I might not be pre-ordering after all.

-Mark Henry '02
-Matt & Jeff Hardy
-RVD
-Rock
-Undertaker '02
-Big Show '02-'03
-Angle
-Heel Rapper Cena
-Rey
-Eddy

-Cena '12
-HHH '12
-HBK '12
-HHH '13
-Undertaker '14
-Cena SummerSlam '14
-Cena NOC '14
-Cena Royal Rumble '15
-Reigns WM31
-Rollins WM31
-Taker SummerSlam '15
-Taker HiaC '15

Arenas
-KOTR '02
-SummerSlam '02
-SmackDown '02
-No Mercy '02
-Survivor Series '02
-Royal Rumble '03
-WrestleMania 19
-SmackDown '03

Yea and that's half the problem. All the guys he's faced since 2012 will be in the game anyway, except for Punk who most certainly won't be in it. And most of the guys from his early run (excluding early versions of characters we'll get anyway) aren't going to be in it. Hulk Hogan definitely won't be in it, Rey isn't likely, it's pretty much a certainty the Hardy's won't be in, and even Kurt Angle may not make the cut (which would be pretty fucking absurd considering Lesnar's feud with Angle is the only thing he ever did worth showcasing in the first place, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. They probably wouldn't even want to cover his title win at Wrestlemania 19 due to his epic shooting star botch). Adding to that list the only other possible names I can think of are Haas and Benjamin (don't recall him wrestling those two in a match that could be featured but he feuded with Angle while they were a part of Team Angle. I would admittedly love to see them in the game though), Hardcore Holly, and the final 6 competitors in the 2003 Royal Rumble which only adds 2002 Kane, Batista before he was even remotely relevant, and fucking Maven of all people. But I'm really just grasping at straws there because I doubt any of those guys would make it in (well Batista maybe, but not Batista that young). Out of everyone they possibly could've chose to do a showcase for Lesnar is one of the worst choices, not only are the potential benefits largely neutered but current Lesnar requires virtually every match he's had to sustain it, and retro Lesnar, while he had some very memorable moments only really had two decent storylines that could actually be featured. One of which I might add was with The Big Show, and the other was with Angle and there's a good chance it won't even be featured. We better get more showcases, or at least a very solid roster of legends or I'll be pretty disappointed, and quite likely won't buy the game otherwise.

yeah i know. they better had addressed/fixed/given attention to/universe mode or i won't buy. i'm giving them till the night before release to figure out if they really fixed anything.  the fact universe had to be patched upon release cause you couldn't book title matches was just absurd lol

I wouldn't be opposed to them taking it out completely. It's a stale concept at this point. Is it normal for the game to crash if I check who's in the title rankings because...it crashed every time I tried checking who was in contention?

I wouldn't be opposed to them taking it out completely. It's a stale concept at this point. Is it normal for the game to crash if I check who's in the title rankings because...it crashed every time I tried checking who was in contention?

i've never had that happen but i don't think it should be removed especially not if career mode and that lesnar showcase would be all they have to offer.. give me story designer back and i wouldn't care much for universe lol but to be fair if that community manager aubrey hadn't suggested this whole rivalry manager system in the first place (wwe13) it probably would have been a hell of alot better by now.  wwe12's universe never crashed, froze or anything else and they had #1 contenders matches and the ai booking actually was good

I would just be happy with a bunch of Ruthless Aggression arenas and characters. Personally, I would think they would include: RAW '02, King of The Ring '02, SummerSlam '02, SmackDown! '02, No Mercy '02, Survivor Series '02, Royal Rumble '03, Wrestlemania XIX, Backlash '03, SmackDown! '03, SummerSlam '03, No Way Out '04, and Wrestlemania XX. 

I would just be happy with a bunch of Ruthless Aggression arenas and characters. Personally, I would think they would include: RAW '02, King of The Ring '02, SummerSlam '02, SmackDown! '02, No Mercy '02, Survivor Series '02, Royal Rumble '03, Wrestlemania XIX, Backlash '03, SmackDown! '03, SummerSlam '03, No Way Out '04, and Wrestlemania XX. 

the problem though isn't the arenas it's the characers since the majority of them are pretty much in the game. and unless it gets us a long haired big show version (he cut his hair long before brock debuted) it just seems moot at this point. although we've never had a decent WM20 arena so i would look forward to that. hell if we get story designer back i just may do the kane/pete rose wm20 angle lol but yeah the arenas would be nice but unless we get hardyz hogan and angle it would be worthless imo. although there's an article going on that wwe has come around to the idea of forgiving hogan so maybe just maybe and it's a big if, hogan will be slipped in under the radar or something.

btw @tornado, i guess you could go and make a brock lesnar speculation showcase preview lol

Edited by Jai