Official Render Database - tutorial on replacing without X-Packer

phatkroger10

Official WWE 2K16 Render Thread

Replacement renders created by the community for modded superstars or replacing existing renders

Render Spreadsheet

Render Database

All current renders in the database have been created by PhatKroger10. Any new additions will to the database will include credit to the author who made it fit for WWE 2K16.

Please post any images you have created in a zip file with the type a, b, and c images contained. They will be reviewed and if approved, added to the database.

Instructions for Injection

Explanation steps

1. Use a totally working/fresh file type a/b/c - because if there's already an problem, it won't work regardless.
  2. Open the type a/b/c pac containing the render directory (WWE 2K16/pac/menu/assets/_wwesingleread/ssface/type*/ltag_type*.pac) in X-Packer and extract the PACH file you wish to edit as listed in the Render Spreadsheet.
  3. Open the extracted PACH of the character you want to replace in X-Packer
  4. If you are downloading a render from the Render Databse, download the image and go to step 7.
  5. Decompress the 0001 file from the PACH to your desired location, if it's A or B it will be 1025 kb, C will be 257 kb (this is to create a backup).
  6. Create your render (A and B 1024x1024, C 512x512) or download from the 'Render Database' and save it as a DDS (A and B as DXT5, C as DXT3). Make sure it is exactly 1025 kb or 257 kb.
  7. Compress and inject the corresponding image via X-Packer in the same PACH you have extracted in step 2. If it "cannot be compressed enough", you are essentially SOL for render on that character (Bobby Heenan and Pat Patterson are near impossible).
  8. Make sure your new modified type A/B/C file is the exact same size as your backup, otherwise you'll face crashing issues.
  9. Inject the modified PACH into the type a/b/c and copy back into game directory.

Video for replacing without X-Packer (use same methodology for replacing Balor, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Big Show, Shane McMahon, Brad Maddox).

Credits

Credit to @robbie686 for his initial work on the render spreadsheet.

This is for entertainment purposes and not for resale. Credit goes to the photographers and those who have hosted the pre-modified images. No copyright is claimed in any of the images posted. If you believe material has been used in an unauthorized manner, please contact the poster.

Edited by phatkroger10
  • Like 2

Can confirm, Bobby Heenan is impossible to get working properly :lol

Awesome post also could you help me with replacing Balor I'm still lost on the first explanation but I really want to change the demon pic lol

In short, your ltag_type file should be error free before you begin any of this :)

When I get time, I'll post a tutorial on Balor, Shane O'Mac, Big Show, and Brad Maddox. These ones you currently have to do in HxD - they do not appear in X-Packer. I brought the issue to @tekken57's attention with X-Packer, but haven't heard back.

• Like 1

Awesome post also could you help me with replacing Balor I'm still lost on the first explanation but I really want to change the demon pic lol

In short, your ltag_type file should be error free before you begin any of this :)

I'm gonna see if I can get Heenan working for you man! That's insane it's screwing up for ya and everything injects correctly so I know it's not a file size issue you are running into. I'll try a few tricks that I used personally with getting Billy Gunn's render in and see if I can help you get that working! Even though I would never replace Heenan personally haha

• Like 1

I'm gonna see if I can get Heenan working for you man! That's insane it's screwing up for ya and everything injects correctly so I know it's not a file size issue you are running into. I'll try a few tricks that I used personally with getting Billy Gunn's render in and see if I can help you get that working! Even though I would never replace Heenan personally haha

The issue with Heenan and Pat Patterson is that they are under 200 kb compressed. It's almost impossible to compress a picture that much and have presentable quality. I gave up after awhile on those two. I did replace 'Japanese Ref' (ch600) with CM Punk and gave him a render. That was basically a free spot.

• Like 1

The issue with Heenan and Pat Patterson is that they are under 200 kb compressed. It's almost impossible to compress a picture that much and have presentable quality. I gave up after awhile on those two. I did replace 'Japanese Ref' (ch600) with CM Punk and gave him a render. That was basically a free spot.

Geez that's a similar issue I had with replacing Mikey Whipwreck his file size was so small. I was able to get Tazz's render to work with it though! It does look pretty good

The idea of a render database is fucking great! Easy for people to grab what they want and inject it. According to the game I can't make renders properly otherwise I'd be doing some right now! My experience of doing this been soured with my whole Emma debacle, although that might be due to the game crashing which is what other people are facing. 

I wasn't able to replace the type c render for Rock '00 :( I was hoping to give him the one from SmackDown! 2. What type c render ID is Japanese Ref? Perhaps I could try replacing the blank slot that the ref is in, then change the offset in Rock's slot to match that of the ref's.

I wasn't able to replace the type c render for Rock '00 :( I was hoping to give him the one from SmackDown! 2. What type c render ID is Japanese Ref? Perhaps I could try replacing the blank slot that the ref is in, then change the offset in Rock's slot to match that of the ref's.

What Happened when you tried to replace it? I can try to do it for you

I got the usual "Zlib can't be compressed" message.

If you can send me the pic you wanted to use in my inbox I will see if I can get it working for you

When I get time, I'll post a tutorial on Balor, Shane O'Mac, Big Show, and Brad Maddox. These ones you currently have to do in HxD - they do not appear in X-Packer. I brought the issue to @tekken57's attention with X-Packer, but haven't heard back.

So since I don't have X-Packer, will I be able to change renders for other superstars by following your tutorial? And can I assign a render to a mod with HxD and if yes please explain how. For example will I be able to replace Whipwreck's render with Styles and assign it to the mod slot that Styles is installed in or does Styles need to be installed in Whipwreck's place and then just change the renders? 

Edited by verde

So since I don't have X-Packer, will I be able to change renders for other superstars by following your tutorial? And can I assign a render to a mod with HxD and if yes please explain how. For example will I be able to replace Whipwreck's render with Styles and assign it to the mod slot that Styles is installed in or does Styles need to be installed in Whipwreck's place and then just change the renders? 

I'm making a tutorial today on how to manually edit with HxD. You will NOT be able to create your own render and insert, but you should be able to insert any render created in the database.

Check back later!

I've given up trying myself haha, just can't seem to get it to work but if you got it to then it'd be eternally grateful :lol Tbh the main reason I chose Heenan is because he's one of the few that we currently have the announce sound IDs for, there are a few others I'd much rather replace if I knew their sound IDs but so far no good.

This is the bane of my life right now :angry:

@verde

First post updated with tutorial on replacing without X-Packer and for replacing Balor, Shane, Big Show, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Brad Maddox. If you want to create your own render with this tutorial, open up the 'Cena B.bak' as a PACH in X-Packer and comrpess and inject.

@verde

First post updated with tutorial on replacing without X-Packer and for replacing Balor, Shane, Big Show, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Brad Maddox. If you want to create your own render with this tutorial, open up the 'Cena B.bak' as a PACH in X-Packer and comrpess and inject.

How do you go about compressing your renders, X Packer I'm guessing? What settings if so?

Compress and inject into the PACH (0001 slot) you extracted from the type a/b/c.

Noooooo I meant just making the renders to be used with the non-X-Packer method, unless you mean you just injected them like that and then re-extracted them?

Anyway, good news, I got one working :D

@jakeypearce I'm pretty sure now that if the "cannot be compressed" message appears then the image you're trying to inject is just too large to inject into the render you're tryna inject it into. It can appear that the two dds/pac files are the same size, but then I found that if you edit the render in another program like Photoshop and lower the quality of the image, then paste it back into the dds and save it then the dds file is still the same size anyway once you saved it. So the file size of the render files (the dds/pac) doesn't tell the entire story.

So, in short, if you're getting the cannot be compressed error, open the image up in another program - opening in Paintshop and reducing the vibrancy and posterising works well. To be absolutely sure, you can also open the original render you're trying to replace and save both images as a PNG. Then keep lowering the quality of the new render until it's a smaller file size than the PNG of the one you're trying to replace.

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Compress and inject into the PACH (0001 slot) you extracted from the type a/b/c.

Noooooo I meant just making the renders to be used with the non-X-Packer method, unless you mean you just injected them like that and then re-extracted them?

Anyway, good news, I got one working :D

@jakeypearce I'm pretty sure now that if the "cannot be compressed" message appears then the image you're trying to inject is just too large to inject into the render you're tryna inject it into. It can appear that the two dds/pac files are the same size, but then I found that if you edit the render in another program like Photoshop and lower the quality of the image, then paste it back into the dds and save it then the dds file is still the same size anyway once you saved it. So the file size of the render files (the dds/pac) doesn't tell the entire story.

So, in short, if you're getting the cannot be compressed error, open the image up in another program - opening in Paintshop and reducing the vibrancy and posterising works well. To be absolutely sure, you can also open the original render you're trying to replace and save both images as a PNG. Then keep lowering the quality of the new render until it's a smaller file size than the PNG of the one you're trying to replace.

When you compress and inject, you then copy and paste the hex contents of that modified PACH into the type a/b/c at the offset of the character you want to replace.