WWE 2K17 Now Available to Pre-Order on WWE Shop, PS3/Xbox 360 Versions Confirmed

TheNoOneM1

IMG2m29lqo.jpg

hossein-diba-111.jpg

Credit: Hossein Diba

The officially unannounced WWE 2K17 is available to pre-order now on WWE Shop for the suggested retail price of 59.99 USD. It's interesting to note that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will be returning for release this year, albeit likely to be stripped of some of the features available on the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

Nevertheless, for players clamoring for focus to be shifted on the current platforms only, it appears their cries are in vain as 2K Sports is not looking to halt its production for past generation consoles anytime soon. According to retail statistics, the last professional wrestling video game, WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2011 continued to be on the PlayStation 2,  PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo Wii at least until late 2010, almost five years after the eighth generation of consoles began while 2K Sports was still releasing games for the PlayStation 2 until late 2011 with NBA 2K12 being its last.

2mn3h92.jpg

WWE 2K17 is touted to be revealed during SummerSlam weekend and is targeted to have a late October release date for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. 

Source: WWE Shop

I hope this dosen't mean another 2k17 pc version delay.

Most likely

Then I highly doubt I'll ever buy the game again. Shitty servers that last unfixed for weeks only on PC verion plus release delays. Nah I am done. I know all consoles have server issues too but PC has the most.

Most likely

Then I highly doubt I'll ever buy the game again. Shitty servers that last unfixed for weeks only on PC verion plus release delays. Nah I am done. I know all consoles have server issues too but PC has the most.

Getting it on console

• Like 1

Most likely

Getting it on console

I am honeslt saving up to buy a console again after I sold my PS4, I am sure I will have it before October but I am not sure if it's even worth buying on consoles.

Never knew you sold your console. Going to remain on PS4 or switching over?

Yeah I sold it or lets say traded it with a lot of games for my current gaming PC, which was TOTALLY worth it. Maybe I will buy a PS4 later but I am still thinking if I should buy GTX 1070 or a console.

And they wonder why people dont buy it on PC/pirate it. Because they release the game how many months late ffs

There's a slight chance it will be released on the same date as consoles. It's not there to preorder because they never did discs for 2k pc games as far as I know it's always digital. SO lets hope that's the reason it's not there.

Yeah I sold it or lets say traded it with a lot of games for my current gaming PC, which was TOTALLY worth it. Maybe I will buy a PS4 later but I am still thinking if I should buy GTX 1070 or a console.

And they wonder why people dont buy it on PC/pirate it. Because they release the game how many months late ffs

There's a slight chance it will be released on the same date as consoles. It's not there to preorder because they never did discs for 2k pc games as far as I know it's always digital. SO lets hope that's the reason it's not there.

i doubt it. i'm sure it'll be the same as it's been 6 months later. as far as discs i think the only pc wrestling game that got a disc was WWF Raw 1

I agree with Auday. It's time for 2K to treat the PC version with the same level of care and respect as its console counterpart. Not only do they release the game 6 months after it's already been out on the PlayStation and Xbox, but the lack of support they show to the PC community is just embarrassing. It's like they're doing us a favor by releasing the game on Steam, and that's bullshit.

For example, WWE 2K15 ran without issue on ultra-wide screen displays (that's a monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio). In WWE 2K16, it's a totally different story. We have to deal with these gigantic horizontal black bars on either side of our monitor. Why? It wasn't that way in last year's version. And despite multiple support tickets being submitted and a public thread pleading for a fix (which should be simple since the ultra-wide format was supported fine last year) they still haven't even acknowledged the problem. 

I agree with Auday. It's time for 2K to treat the PC version with the same level of care and respect as its console counterpart. Not only do they release the game 6 months after it's already been out on the PlayStation and Xbox, but the lack of support they show to the PC community is just embarrassing. It's like they're doing us a favor by releasing the game on Steam, and that's bullshit.

For example, WWE 2K15 ran without issue on ultra-wide screen displays (that's a monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio). In WWE 2K16, it's a totally different story. We have to deal with these gigantic horizontal black bars on either side of our monitor. Why? It wasn't that way in last year's version. And despite multiple support tickets being submitted and a public thread pleading for a fix (which should be simple since the ultra-wide format was supported fine last year) they still haven't even acknowledged the problem. 

there's your answer right there. They feel like they're just throwing the pc community a bone. i agree with you but 2k's support is horrible if it isn't an nba game

Welp Goldberg is the Pre order Bonus -.-

and i'm glad. even though it's funny cause 2k wanted him to be the preorder last year and vince told them no.

I pray for a HBK Showcase.

The only thing better than that is a Bret Showcase that includes Owen.

owen wasn't in 2k16 so why would he be in 2k17?

I can wish cant I?

Everybody thought 2k17 on last gen was out of the question yesterday. Everybody thought a Owen DVD was impossible last year. Lets not rule out surprises.

Edited by rj10018576

As far as the PC release goes, I don't mind the wait for 3 reasons. 1)They drag the DLC out so long / usually make the thing that I want to use the most the last dlc pack of the year, so even if we get the game day and date I won't touch the thing until all the DLC drops which is usually only a few weeks before PC gets it anyway. 2)I'd rather wait and get the total package for $45, than have to pay $60 + the cost of the dlc. 3)They usually patch the console version pretty early into it's run. Imagine getting the unpatched version riddled with the bugs in the vanilla game + all the added bugs of the pc port. That would be a disaster.

I mean, I don't want to wait 6 full months, but I don't mind waiting a bit in exchange for a more stable, cheaper, complete package.

I can wish cant I?

Everybody thought 2k17 on last gen was out of the question yesterday. Everybody thought a Owen DVD was impossible last year. Lets not rule out surprises.

true.. and guys this is why i snapped earlier

it's posts like this that really makes me wonder if we should keep having these types of people in the world

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4281295-Why-is-2k-pandering-to-one-of-the-worst-Professional-Wrestling-Promotions 

enjoy and make sure you get your popcorn

As far as the PC release goes, I don't mind the wait for 3 reasons. 1)They drag the DLC out so long / usually make the thing that I want to use the most the last dlc pack of the year, so even if we get the game day and date I won't touch the thing until all the DLC drops which is usually only a few weeks before PC gets it anyway. 2)I'd rather wait and get the total package for $45, than have to pay $60 + the cost of the dlc. 3)They usually patch the console version pretty early into it's run. Imagine getting the unpatched version riddled with the bugs in the vanilla game + all the added bugs of the pc port. That would be a disaster.

I mean, I don't want to wait 6 full months, but I don't mind waiting a bit in exchange for a more stable, cheaper, complete package.

well isnt' the PC Version always with all dlc? that could be another perk as well

WTF!! No PC version announced again? Time to sell my 360 & PC then buy a PS4 this is getting irritating af...2k doesn't treat pc gamers this bad except for their wwe games..I think wwe has something to do about it...they just don't think there is enough market for their games on PC

WTF!! No PC version announced again? Time to sell my 360 & PC then buy a PS4 this is getting irritating af...2k doesn't treat pc gamers this bad except for their wwe games..I think wwe has something to do about it...they just don't think there is enough market for their games on PC

it'll be announced in march more likely. i mean the pc version is in high demand but i think they also realize that most of the people that get the game on the pc version only do so for modding reasons.

it'll be announced in march more likely. i mean the pc version is in high demand but i think they also realize that most of the people that get the game on the pc version only do so for modding reasons.

2k relesee NBA & their other titles on PC same day as the console versions..but why the hell do they ignore pc gamers when it comes to their wwe titles ..there are mods for NBA games also & they don't get released 6 months later..

But we should just be glad that we at least get a wwe game on PC when thq never even released one in 10+ years 

In 2k15 we needed mods coz we got only 25 caw slots & CAD..but 2k17 most probably will have 100 slots & seeing the great caws on ps4 I would rather buy that version than using mods with limitations such as no facial animations 

Edited by Adm King