2nd Last WWE2K17 Showcase Idea

Tornado_X

i'd rather have a best of type show case. maybe survivor series or summer slam

That's a cool idea, something like 30 Years Of Mania. 

yeah anything that would get us legends of multiple years i'm good with. but lesnar would really only give us 4 legends if we're lucky lol Bob Holly, Guerrero, Hogan, and Angle. and holly and Hogan is a bit of a stretch lol

I agree. Who knows when is the next time we'll get a 30 yrs of _________ showcase. We probably won't get a survivor series one until they completely drop the old gen consoles. Maybe, that is whats holding them back from adding the traditional 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 survivor series matches in the current gen consoles. I don't know for sure but I would rather a multiple legends showcase any day over some 2 rivals' showcase. Ugh Austin's was okay but I got bored after Buried Alive at Rock Bottom '98 & never finished the rest. 30 yrs on 2k14 & Attitude Era on 13, I played all the way through because I got to play as different people & it was fun.

the sad part about that is attitude era mode and 30 years of mania were both ideas by thq and not 2k. 2k only completed 2k14 but yeah the ideas were thq's lol

and yeah I loved the AE mode. could you imagine if they did something like that with the Monday night wars? maybe starting from the first nitro in 95 and switching back and forth? I think for that the roster would have to be capped off at like around 500 or it would have to be done on a legends only game lol. and yeah I finished the Austin mode only cause I needed the cutscenes for my attitude era universe (i'm currently on the road to mania 14) but yeah for the most part it was boring lol

yeah anything that would get us legends of multiple years i'm good with. but lesnar would really only give us 4 legends if we're lucky lol Bob Holly, Guerrero, Hogan, and Angle. and holly and Hogan is a bit of a stretch lol

I agree. Who knows when is the next time we'll get a 30 yrs of _________ showcase. We probably won't get a survivor series one until they completely drop the old gen consoles. Maybe, that is whats holding them back from adding the traditional 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 survivor series matches in the current gen consoles. I don't know for sure but I would rather a multiple legends showcase any day over some 2 rivals' showcase. Ugh Austin's was okay but I got bored after Buried Alive at Rock Bottom '98 & never finished the rest. 30 yrs on 2k14 & Attitude Era on 13, I played all the way through because I got to play as different people & it was fun.

the sad part about that is attitude era mode and 30 years of mania were both ideas by thq and not 2k. 2k only completed 2k14 but yeah the ideas were thq's lol

and yeah I loved the AE mode. could you imagine if they did something like that with the Monday night wars? maybe starting from the first nitro in 95 and switching back and forth? I think for that the roster would have to be capped off at like around 500 or it would have to be done on a legends only game lol. and yeah I finished the Austin mode only cause I needed the cutscenes for my attitude era universe (i'm currently on the road to mania 14) but yeah for the most part it was boring lol

Yeah, you're right about it having to be a legends only game for them to pull of a Monday Night Wars showcase but of course, that would piss off a lot of the current WWE fans lol I've been wanting them to make another Legends only game for the longest. If WWE didn't force 2K/VC/Yukes to make a game every year, who knows how much more they could actually accomplish with an extra year or 2 of creating a new game. I can't stand Vince. He's such a bitch

Yeah, you're right about it having to be a legends only game for them to pull of a Monday Night Wars showcase but of course, that would piss off a lot of the current WWE fans lol I've been wanting them to make another Legends only game for the longest. If WWE didn't force 2K/VC/Yukes to make a game every year, who knows how much more they could actually accomplish with an extra year or 2 of creating a new game. I can't stand Vince. He's such a bitch

yeah that's true. I've wanted them to produce a game every other year as well. and just have a dlc plan within those 2 years but yeah vince has to have his annual money or whatever.

yeah LOWM I had such high hopes for until I saw that awful gameplay lol. I mean atleast in 2k14 I could still (sort of) do a war games match by having a 3 on 3 tornado elimination chamber but they removed that option and never put it back in.  as much as I hate the fast gameplay of 2k14 (now) I played the hell out of the game and think I was the most negative after the 1 count glitch in wwe13 lol. I mean universe while it was good for 16 just had a lot of bad to counteract the good. but I do like the fact that we can have EC and Rumble matches in any arena in universe.

but yeah that's why I said the roster would have to be like 500 to include everyone for MNW as well as the current roster. so we know that ain't happening so the best thing is to make a legends game that is basically on the same engine as the 2k16 series. like I said I don't mind the slow pace. but if they added an arcade option like NBA2K had at one point that would probably please everyone lol. I'm actually in November 96 of my wcw universe so doing the ww3 battle royal is gonna be fun and awkward at the same time.  Since sharefactory added the ability to add a second video channel (or commentary) basically picture in picture. it's basically gonna have all 3 rumble matches going at the same time LOL

I would rather see 3 smaller showcases to work with the 30 total matches). Something along the lines of the WWE NETWORK Showcase.

WWE: The Best of RAW Volume 1 (Can have a Volume 2 as DLC, that focuses on some newer matches)

1. Rick Flair vs. Mr. Perfect (Loser Leaves)
  2. Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
  3. Cactus Jack vs. Triple H (Falls Count Anywhere)
  4. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
  5. Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid 
  6. Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge (WWE Championship)
  7. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho (WWE Championship)
  8. Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart (Street Fight)
  9. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty (Intercontinental Championship)
  10. The Rock vs. Mankind (WWE Championship)
  11. Trish Stratus vs. Lita
  12. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam

They can also sprinkle in non-playable moments as preludes to these matches, that can unlock other superstars.  For example, show 1-2-3 Kid pinning Razor prior to his match with Bret Hart, that unlocks Razor Ramon.  Show big RAW non-wrestling moments (Sid's return, Warrior's return, etc.) to get those guys into the game as well.

WCW: The Best of WCW (Volume 1) (12 Matches) (Can have a Volume 2 as DLC, that focuses more on the pre "WCW" days of the NWA, with 4 Horsemen, Russians, Road Warriors, Dusty, etc.)

1. Outsiders & Mystery Partner vs. Sting, Luger, Savage (Bash at the Beach)
  2. Cactus Jack vs. Vader (Halloween Havoc)
  3. Goldberg vs. Hogan (Monday Nitro)
  4. Macho Man vs. DDP (Great American Bash 97)
  5. War Games (if 4 v. 4 is possible): Flair, Windham, Sid Vicious, & Zbyszko vs. Sting, Pillman, Steiner Brothers (have Horsemen vs Road Warriors/Dusty War Games in DLC).
  6. Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Luger (Superbrawl 1)
  7. Hogan vs. Flair (Pick one)
  8. Rey Jr. vs. Dean Malenko (Halloween Havoc)
  9. Rick Flair vs. Terry Funk (Clash of Champions)
  10. Rick Flair vs. Sting (Clash of Champions)
  11. Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner (surprisingly good match from 2000 and way to get Big Pappa Pump into the game)
  12. Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero (Fall Brawl)

ECW: Best of ECW (8 matches)

1. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (Hostile City Showdown 95)
  2. Raven and Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer (November to Remember 95)
  3. Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam (Pick One)
  4. Tazz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Living Dangerously)
  5. Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (ECW World Title)
  6. Dudley Boys vs. Dreamer and Raven
  7. Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
  8. A match that gets Sandman or Rhino into the game...can't think of one off the top of my head.  Not sure if they ever fought one another.
  • Like 1

I would rather see 3 smaller showcases to work with the 30 total matches). Something along the lines of the WWE NETWORK Showcase.

WWE: The Best of RAW Volume 1 (Can have a Volume 2 as DLC, that focuses on some newer matches)

They can also sprinkle in non-playable moments as preludes to these matches, that can unlock other superstars.  For example, show 1-2-3 Kid pinning Razor prior to his match with Bret Hart, that unlocks Razor Ramon.  Show big RAW non-wrestling moments (Sid's return, Warrior's return, etc.) to get those guys into the game as well.

WCW: The Best of WCW (Volume 1) (12 Matches) (Can have a Volume 2 as DLC, that focuses more on the pre "WCW" days of the NWA, with 4 Horsemen, Russians, Road Warriors, Dusty, etc.)

5. War Games (if 4 v. 4 is possible): Flair, Windham, Sid Vicious, & Zbyszko vs. Sting, Pillman, Steiner Brothers (have Horsemen vs Road Warriors/Dusty War Games in DLC).
  11. Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner (surprisingly good match from 2000 and way to get Big Pappa Pump into the game)

2. Raven and Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer (November to Remember 95)
  8. A match that gets Sandman or Rhino into the game...can't think of one off the top of my head.  Not sure if they ever fought one another.

Wow, this is a brilliant, fresh & new for idea for DLC. I especially like The Best of Raw Vol 1(DLC)  & Best of WCW Vol 1 which means there is more to come in future sequels. Very intriguing. I wish someone at VC/WWE/2K would see this & start incorporating these ideas so that we can have a better legends roster with more variety each year. I'm not a fan of them copying characters from previous games at all. I like fresh new attires & characters.

Wow, this is a brilliant, fresh & new for idea for DLC. I especially like The Best of Raw Vol 1(DLC)  & Best of WCW Vol 1 which means there is more to come in future sequels. Very intriguing. I wish someone at VC/WWE/2K would see this & start incorporating these ideas so that we can have a better legends roster with more variety each year. I'm not a fan of them copying characters from previous games at all. I like fresh new attires & characters.

I don't mind them keeping the characters. as long as they have the space and can add to it I say there's no need to remove.

I don't mind them keeping the characters. as long as they have the space and can add to it I say there's no need to remove.

Key: "as long as they have the space and can add to it" - yes*

Key: "as long as they have the space and can add to it" - yes*

yep that's always been my motto. never remove, only improve

Plus why do we have 6 version of HHH?

what are you talking about? we don't have 6 versions. alternates don't count and they don't take away from the roster. you don't have to use them you know.

after the 2k15 disaster of long haired hhh being tied to current short haired triple h i'm glad that it was like that in 2k16. I couldn't have a single retro universe because of it in 2k15.

It disappoints me that out of those 6 not a single one is HHH wearing a Kane mask in a funeral home. That was the best incarnation of HHH!

• Like 2

It disappoints me that out of those 6 not a single one is HHH wearing a Kane mask in a funeral home. That was the best incarnation of HHH!

I just don't understand why we are still complaining about multiple models in 2016. I mean it's not like there would have been anyone in the place.

I just don't understand why we are still complaining about multiple models in 2016. I mean it's not like there would have been anyone in the place.

I wouldnt mind having a Hunter Hearst Helmsley debut, Attitude Era-Ruthless Aggression and a current one. '00-'02 and '02-'04 could certaintly fill one slot and '05-'07 and '08-'12 could do the same

I wouldnt mind having a Hunter Hearst Helmsley debut, Attitude Era-Ruthless Aggression and a current one. '00-'02 and '02-'04 could certaintly fill one slot and '05-'07 and '08-'12 could do the same

my point is this... till they patched in being able to edit alternate attires, those alternates would have never showed up in cutscenes in universe. only the default short haired triple h would have shown up. it's been like that since wwe13 when we could select which attire to be default it just never worked right in universe.The problem is you have to had to edit that attire in order for that attire to show up in cutscenes (up till they patched the problem) as long as they don't remove the damn feature in 17 I don't care if 50 triple h's or undertakers are tied to just 1 slot. i'll be okay with it now lol I was just using 2k15 as an example

To be fair I think the main problem is they get excessive with the extra slots. I don't mind having different slots for different gimmicks, or different times in their career (like current and attitude era Undertaker's. It's pretty much the same gimmick but his moveset changed a lot, the stat spread should also be different). But 2K16 had what five slots for Steve Austin? Three of which were Stone Cold Steve Austin and aside from tweaked stats I can't say I've noticed any difference between them, nor does there need to be. Austin only needed slots for the Stone Cold gimmick, Superstar Steve Austin, Stunning Steve Austin, and maybe The Ringmaster (which I think was just an alt attire oddly enough). That shit is just unnecessary and irritating.

Although it does really suck when you want to use a model to make an alt attire for a different slot, I'd really like a long haired Undertaker on the current slot but can't, even though there are long haired models in the game because they're registered to a different slot. It's also a bit of a pain in Universe mode if you'd rather just have them all registered as a single superstar (personally that would be my preference. I'd like to get equal use out of every Undertaker, but I know I'll feel like I can only focus on using one because I don't want Taker using up three matches every week, or having it fuck up my rankings by alternating slots every week). If they're going to keep going with separate slots then that's fine, but they should make models interchangeable between slots, and maybe even give you the option to set them as a single superstar in Universe mode just to keep everyone happy (of course that'll never happen, 2K clearly doesn't give a shit about our happiness).

Edited by HiPcavallo

To be fair I think the main problem is they get excessive with the extra slots. I don't mind having different slots for different gimmicks, or different times in their career (like current and attitude era Undertaker's. It's pretty much the same gimmick but his moveset changed a lot, the stat spread should also be different). But 2K16 had what five slots for Steve Austin? Three of which were Stone Cold Steve Austin and aside from tweaked stats I can't say I've noticed any difference between them, nor does there need to be. Austin only needed slots for the Stone Cold gimmick, Superstar Steve Austin, Stunning Steve Austin, and maybe The Ringmaster (which I think was just an alt attire oddly enough). That shit is just unnecessary and irritating.

Although it does really suck when you want to use a model to make an alt attire for a different slot, I'd really like a long haired Undertaker on the current slot but can't, even though there are long haired models in the game because they're registered to a different slot. It's also a bit of a pain in Universe mode if you'd rather just have them all registered as a single superstar (personally that would be my preference. I'd like to get equal use out of every Undertaker, but I know I'll feel like I can only focus on using one because I don't want Taker using up three matches every week, or having it fuck up my rankings by alternating slots every week). If they're going to keep going with separate slots then that's fine, but they should make models interchangeable between slots, and maybe even give you the option to set them as a single superstar in Universe mode just to keep everyone happy (of course that'll never happen, 2K clearly doesn't give a shit about our happiness).

yeah Austin made no sense, and neither did the multiple mark henry's etc lol

like I said I don't care much about the alternates being doubles anymore since we have the ability to edit alternate attires. if they made it where we can select entrances tied to alternate attires IE the Rock' Hollywood entrance. I don't think i'd have anything to complain about lol

Yea I really wish they made it so you had the option to change the entrances and movesets of alternate attires, it would eliminate the need for multiple slots for the same characters, and it'd be great for caws so we could use the second attire to cover a different gimmick or phase in their careers (Like I know if I had to make Chris Jericho I'd want a Jericho from around 2002-2003, and a 2008 Jericho, but I wouldn't want to use two caw slots on the guy and his moveset would be an issue for me).