WWE Attire in CAS

doctorhr2

Has anyone found the location of the WWE items in CAS (tights, trunks, boots etc)? And is the texture applied to them the same as is used on the original wrestlers in the game i.e if you change Shawn Michaels' WM'14 tights do they change in the CAS too? Hope that makes sense.

Darn! Thanks Bannockburn. I was hoping for a way to make CAW stuff with proper texture mapping, normals and AO maps. So if I modded Shawn Michaels' WM'14 tights on his character model they would change but his WM'14 tights in Superstar Studio would keep their original texture? Is that something to do with the online element of the game? Is it checking and refreshing files when it starts or is it a checksum that's running as part of the game? 

I think I recall that Tekken was reluctant to do anything that would circumvent the online part of Superstar Studio because of the potential piracy issues, but being reliant on a server is an absolute pain in the arse; especially if it's interfering with our modding!

What is nice, though, is that you can texture a CAW, which places some textures in the temp folder which in theory you could take from there and use for your mods as well.

Edited by Cave Waverider

I tried to give one of my CAWs chest hair (body hair is a weird omission in the Superstar Studio in my opinion) but it didn't show up in game. From what you said I didn't expect it to but thought I'd better try for myself. I'd love to know what the purpose of the cache is if it something else is overwriting it or causing it to be ignored. At least, as you say, it is useful for templates. 

I have been looking into Md5 files and this would seem to be the reason why the edits don't show up. Has anyone tried removing a CAW's Md5 to see what happens? I'm guessing the save might corrupt...

Edited by doctorhr2