Having a go at blender

Robbie686

Hey guys so i have done pretty much everything when it comes to modding but i havent actually played with the wrestlers themselfs yet and played with the obj files with blender etc. Im very kean to give it a shot and Mincho uploaded a cool tutorial on how to play with the textures. are there anymore tutorials on how to extract the obj files? how to add thing like different hair  etc? be great if someone could start me off :) Cheers in advance!

Iv found this tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCj28Ns8Js0 is this still pretty much the same with 2K16? do i still need to use xrey or is there a work around?

Edited by robbie686

Mincho's tutorial is top notch. That YouTube video looks really good, also. You'll definitely want X-Rey as you'd have to be very good with hex to work around it.

To be honest, I'm in the process of creating my own obj and the biggest piece of advice I can give you is to keep trying. I did about 20 iterations of John Morrison's face before I thought it looked acceptable.

Mess around with holding Ctrl and/or Alt while scrolling on your mouse for free rotation. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Or maybe it's shift? Nevertheless, that's the easiest way to rotate I have found.

Edited by phatkroger10

Yeah i think its just going to take some getting used to... Can someone help me out on this please?

This is Kama mustafa in Xpacker - all the files are in zlib so need uncompressing - When i uncompress them they just sit as eg. 0000.zlib.uncompressed. I know this one should be renamed to 0000.yobj and contains all the major parts but could someone help me out and tell me what the rest of them are and what they need to be renamed?

j9tyl2.png

Another great Noob question - but how the hell do you undo or go a step back?

Ctrl + z is undo.

I'm not at my computer, but 0000 is yobj, 000A is textures (except body and face), 000C is body and face textures, 001A and 001B (if applicable) are manually added yobj, 4E22 is eyelids yobj and 2715 is hair.

My understanding is the rest aren't anything you can edit.

If you open up any of the extracted in HexD, it will explicitly say what file they are towards the start of the hex.

Edited by GameElite™

Another great Noob question - but how the hell do you undo or go a step back?

Ctrl + z is undo.

I'm not at my computer, but 0000 is yobj, 000A is textures (except body and face), 000C is body and face textures, 001A and 001B (if applicable) are manually added yobj, 4E22 is eyelids yobj and 2715 is hair.

My understanding is the rest aren't anything you can edit.

If you open up any of the extracted in HexD, it will explicitly say what file they are towards the start of the hex.

00CE is a special file that controls rendering. Without a custom one you may end up with blank spots if you remove an object (ex: if you remove an elbow pad there will be no elbow beneath it unless you have a custom 00CE injected).

So im going to have my first go at editing Kama mustafa into the godfather - This is going to take a while but think its a good project to start on. Which hair would you say is the most suited? can i import the hair / textures and possibly some of the model from 2k13?

I have the textures from 2K13 and just want to work on the face for now. How do i just apply the face to the head? do i need to cut the textures out from the textures picture or is there a way to align it?

2qdodwj.png

I have cut the face out of the render image but now im at this stage.... Applying? Any help here would be amazing :D

13z7ofm.png

Edited by robbie686

Right click on the face, press tab, and then change the second setting from the left in your screenshot to texture mode. If it appears black, press n, search for shading and check Shadeless :) 

• Like 1

I'm glad you posted this because I needed help getting the beginning down as well lol. I was trying to start doing attire mods and work up from there. Starting with D'Lo. I could be wrong but could the motion tracking be causing the issue?

Also did you use 3DS max or X-Rey to xport parts

Some messing around on Photoshop :D

Left - My godfather / Right - Kama

k9xc83.pngs4m4x0.png

Which hair would be the best to add?

I have a fully extracted vesion of WWE 13

am i able to use parts from that? as the godfather is already in that game?

Edited by robbie686

How's it been going for u? I've FINALLY gotten a general understanding how things work. Decided to just play around with D'Lo's textures. Highly doubt this is anything I will put out but here's where I am atm as far as learned.

25sq4cz.jpg

Edited by RipZz
  • Like 1

So im going to have my first go at editing Kama mustafa into the godfather - This is going to take a while but think its a good project to start on. Which hair would you say is the most suited? can i import the hair / textures and possibly some of the model from 2k13?

I have the textures from 2K13 and just want to work on the face for now. How do i just apply the face to the head? do i need to cut the textures out from the textures picture or is there a way to align it?

2qdodwj.png

I have cut the face out of the render image but now im at this stage.... Applying? Any help here would be amazing :D

13z7ofm.png

I too, would like to know the most efficient way to map a '13 image to a '16 YOBJ model. 

@robbie686

As long as you haven't messed up your UVs it should just apply properly. Check some of the blender tutorials out there (Mincho's and Prinsto's) to see if your Blender import settings are correct.

@robbie686

As long as you haven't messed up your UVs it should just apply properly. Check some of the blender tutorials out there (Mincho's and Prinsto's) to see if your Blender import settings are correct.

Im trying to import textures from wwe 13 though and they dont line up?! Iv been through there tutorials they dont really help with this.