Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

Don't work with updated 1.05 version?

What? It IS for the updated version (1.0.1) and does work only with that version! Only Steam-Release of course. No cracked exe or something like that!

Edited by TheVisitorX

So I was recreating a save from scratch and updating some caws movesets, I tried to extract their movesets with your tool but when I tried to open them with the data editor they would all be blank like there was no caw in the slot i selected. At first I though my save was messed up somehow but then after using a backup save and testing it again I realized it could be the tool itself, I uninstalled it and installed a previous version of your tool (one that didn't have the render injector) and extracted my caws moveset again and the Data editor recognized them perfectly this time. Just wanted to point it out in case someone got this same problem so It could be of any help. This is a fantastic tool, thanks for the hard work :)

Thanks, I remember that there was someone else with the same issue. But it is strange, because I haven't changed anything like that in the newest version of CCT and it is still working fine for me. Anyone else?

Edited by TheVisitorX

Am i doing something wrong ? I download Charlotte moveset, i edit that moveset in data editor and save as a caw 28. When i install that moveset i choose Charlotte and then its never applied my changes and its like i never change the entrance etc. 

Am i doing something wrong ? I download Charlotte moveset, i edit that moveset in data editor and save as a caw 28. When i install that moveset i choose Charlotte and then its never applied my changes and its like i never change the entrance etc. 

From what I've seen I don't think you want to mix caw and mod moveset files outside of the game copy moveset, I may be wrong though.

I think reinstalling the game is not enough because the data is in the savegame. You also have to re-inject your pofo and moveset files into your save. "Data Editor" has all the default moveset and pofo files as templates which you can use to re-inject your deleted Wrestlers.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hi, just want to ask why this happens every time I try to install new superstars?

Is seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WW 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

I already have the game open in the main menu and not minimized and it's still showing this message. Any help? Thanks!

When do you think we will be able to add renders to our modded superstars? I seriously CANNOT wait for that! Great job!!!

Assume never, I have made my eyes practically bleed looking for hours through hex codes, multiple calculations and algorithm seeking later I am still having no luck.

This way if somebody does find a way it will be a pleasant surprise rather then feeling let down by not having the feature.

Hidden Content

Not work Custom Character Tools......look this URL photo  

You realise we can't see files directly from your pc right?! ;)

Use an image hosting site like imgur then upload the image to that image hosting site then post the link to the image on here.

I'm going to be a bit presumptuous here and guess the problem isn't custom character tools.

• Like 2

Assume never, I have made my eyes practically bleed looking for hours through hex codes, multiple calculations and algorithm seeking later I am still having no luck.

This way if somebody does find a way it will be a pleasant surprise rather then feeling let down by not having the feature.

I'm goingo be a bit presumptuous here and guess the problem isn't custom character tools.

Thats a shame! hopefully I can figure out how to just replace current wrestlers in the game with modded ones... then I could replace the render :) Let's face it, I don't think I'm ever gonna use Haku. Would love to replace him with Styles for example, then replace the render. Still a great tool nevertheless 

It is not that hard. Change the ch pac file (slot number) in the filename to the one from Haku and replace his files with AJ's. Use CCT for that because it also changes the pach inside the pac file.  Then assign the new slot number to his moveset and pofo with Data Editor and install both with CCT directly from there. Now you can assign him a theme with Sound Injector and a render with CCT. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

Thats a shame! hopefully I can figure out how to just replace current wrestlers in the game with modded ones... then I could replace the render :) Let's face it, I don't think I'm ever gonna use Haku. Would love to replace him with Styles for example, then replace the render. Still a great tool nevertheless 

Oh you can do that no problem.

1. Head to pac > ch and back up ch553 files somewhere safe just incase you want him back. Now you can remove the files you just backed up.

This is now Hakus physical existence removed from the game.

2. Get your AJ Styles mod and alter his pach number (the file inside his pac) to Haku's ID number (553).

To do this:

2a) Open up an AJ Styles pac you want as his in ring attire with a Hex Editor.

2b) Scroll down to line 800 and change his EMD ID number from whatever it is right now to Hakus ID, 553 and 02 for in ring attire and 04 for entrance attire, make sure you are only overwriting bytes, not inserting them. So my example here is 43202, you will want this as 55302 instead for his in ring attire. then do the same for his entrance attire, change from 43204 to 55304. (02 and 04 are attire 1, 12 and 14 are attire 2, 22 and 24 are attire 3, etc).

91c371acb3655fde81864658b8b5044f.png

Now save and exit hex editor 

Now rename the files so you recognise them, eg: "ch55302 - AJ Styles"

You can place these in your ch folder now.

Change Hakus renders to AJ Styles.

You will then have to insert AJ Styles moveset and pofo file, to do this just open up his pofo and moveset files in Data Editor and change the Wrestler ID to 553 Haku then install with Custom Character Tools.

From there its a case of replacing Hakus entrance theme and titantron, etc with AJ Styles.

Downfall is he will be introduced as Haku and commentators will refer to him as Haku, everything else is now AJ Styles though.

Edited by Perfectplex

Oh you can do that no problem.

1. Head to pac > ch and back up ch553 files somewhere safe just incase you want him back. Now you can remove the files you just backed up.

This is now Hakus physical existence removed from the game.

2. Get your AJ Styles mod and alter his pach number (the file inside his pac) to Haku's ID number (553).

To do this:

2a) Open up an AJ Styles pac you want as his in ring attire with a Hex Editor.

2b) Scroll down to line 800 and change his EMD ID number from whatever it is right now to Hakus ID, 553 and 02 for in ring attire and 04 for entrance attire, make sure you are only overwriting bytes, not inserting them. So my example here is 43202, you will want this as 55302 instead for his in ring attire. then do the same for his entrance attire, change from 43204 to 55304. (02 and 04 are attire 1, 12 and 14 are attire 2, 22 and 24 are attire 3, etc).

Hidden Content

Now save and exit hex editor 

Now rename the files so you recognise them, eg: "ch55302 - AJ Styles"

You can place these in your ch folder now.

Change Hakus renders to AJ Styles.

You will then have to insert AJ Styles moveset and pofo file, to do this just open up his pofo and moveset files in Data Editor and change the Wrestler ID to 553 Haku then install with Custom Character Tools.

From there its a case of replacing Hakus entrance theme and titantron, etc with AJ Styles.

Downfall is he will be introduced as Haku and commentators will refer to him as Haku, everything else is now AJ Styles though.

You are absolutely amazing, sir. Thank you so much. This will be the next thing I learn! :)

So I may be reporting a potential bug in CCT? I made Brad Maddox playable and replaced him with Doink. Everything works perfectly except the loading screen render.

No matter how many times I inject the Doink render over Maddox's loading screen, it still displays Maddox's render anytime I go into the match.

The other renders work totally fine-- the character select and health box both display Doink, but the loading screen remains Maddox even after numerous attempts. Loading screen renders for everyone else I've replaced (AJ over Terminator, for example) work fine.

Could this be a problem with a mistaken value in CCT's data.xml?

Edited by Clarityman

I did some further exploration on my own... I navigated to the ssface folder and found the pac entitled "Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac" in the "custom_typea" folder. I believe this is the same file referred to in data.xml.

This is certainly meant to be where Brad Maddox's loading screen render is contained, no?

I tried unpacking via Xpacker to see what's going on in there, but Xpacker is temperamental on my system and just kept crashing anytime I tried to decompress files.

So I did a test. I deleted "Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac" from the folder and loaded up 2k16 and selected the character using it, expecting a blank loading screen or more likely a crash. But the Brad Maddox loading screen render was still there!

Therefore, this seems to be a mistake on 2k's part, I believe they did not name the file correctly, which begs two questions: 1. what's actually in Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac, and 2. where is his loading screen render actually located??

• Like 1

I did some further exploration on my own... I navigated to the ssface folder and found the pac entitled "Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac" in the "custom_typea" folder. I believe this is the same file referred to in data.xml.

This is certainly meant to be where Brad Maddox's loading screen render is contained, no?

I tried unpacking via Xpacker to see what's going on in there, but Xpacker is temperamental on my system and just kept crashing anytime I tried to decompress files.

So I did a test. I deleted "Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac" from the folder and loaded up 2k16 and selected the character using it, expecting a blank loading screen or more likely a crash. But the Brad Maddox loading screen render was still there!

Therefore, this seems to be a mistake on 2k's part, I believe they did not name the file correctly, which begs two questions: 1. what's actually in Brad Maddox (50D27E16).pac, and 2. where is his loading screen render actually located??

Yeah I noticed this a couple months ago when trying to replace him, just could not find the location of that type a so I gave up and used somebody else.

Maybe try Zeb Colter instead, I replaced all of his renders and call names without a problem and moved him to the main roster through his pofo in Data Editor :)

Edited by 4 Life

Yeah I noticed this a couple months ago when trying to replace him, just could not find the location of that type a so I gave up and used somebody else.

Maybe try Zeb Colter instead, I replaced all of his renders and call names without a problem and moved him to the main roster through his pofo in Data Editor :)

Ugh. Was hoping to keep Zeb Colter, because he's kind of a legendary manager. But it's a good idea, and I might take it. I'd really like to figure out where this Maddox type a render is though, so I don't have to reinstall Brad Maddox for my roster to make any sense.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's noticed this though!

If I decided to overwrite Colter, could I uninstall my tainted Maddox via CCT? Or should I not do that because he's an official in-game character?

I can confirm what @Clarityman is saying,,brad maddox Type A is not replaceable for me :( 

also i made a discovery,, 

the TYPE A on Brad Maddox replaces TYPE A of BRAY WYATT

EDIT: @TheVisitorX @PerfectPlex and @Clarityman 

i found the offset to Brad Maddox type A: AC72C396

the wrong one was Bray Wyatt's Type A so you have to fix that too :) 

Edited by JonasSlasher1994
  • Like 2