Hello Cave, great Tool so far - thank you!

Maybe you could add support for the other Slots of the future string as f.e. ID 275, which is cm Punk, who I could not manage to unlock alternate attires so far...

Or is there a Tutorial to find out the Hex key for every Slot?

Maybe you could add support for the other Slots of the future string as f.e. ID 275, which is cm Punk, who I could not manage to unlock alternate attires so far...

275 is Dolph Ziggler. ;) If you installed CM Punk in the slot reserved for him in the Memory table, the ID should be 475. As for which hex code to use for the proper name String, look it up in the String table by clicking the appropriate button.

Cave Waverider you've made all of our modding lives that much easier! Thank you.

In regards to support, I've noticed some characters's universal attire settings have issues (In which after I make a selection and go back, the slot is reverted to select an ID). My specific problem is the slot for Arnold T2. I'm using the Render Pack 2.0 and I'm able to set the alternate attires for everyone; but since this slot has CM Punk replacing Arnold T2 it makes it impossible to set alternate attires for him. Is this just a bug that needs to be addressed in the system?

• Like 1

Cave Waverider you've made all of our modding lives that much easier! Thank you.

In regards to support, I've noticed some characters's universal attire settings have issues (In which after I make a selection and go back, the slot is reverted to select an ID). My specific problem is the slot for Arnold T2. I'm using the Render Pack 2.0 and I'm able to set the alternate attires for everyone; but since this slot has CM Punk replacing Arnold T2 it makes it impossible to set alternate attires for him. Is this just a bug that needs to be addressed in the system?

Yes, I just checked it out. There looks to be a bug in my code, I don't know where it is yet, but for some reason it saves Arnold T2's ID as 5832 instead of 583. I'll try to identify the bug and fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime, could you tell me if it happens to Arnold T2 in any of the slots of the Attire Unlocker GUi for you and whether it happens to any other wrestler ID. That might help me weed this out quicker.

Thanks alot for reporting this bug!

Update: I see what's happening now. My parser takes all the numbers from the string, thus he appends the 1 and 2 from T1 and T2 at the end of the ID, haha. Same happens with any wrestler with a number in the name. I thought I had this fixed last year, but I guess it somehow slipped through. It should be fixed in the next update, I'll just have to fix the regular expression.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

275 is Dolph Ziggler. ;) If you installed CM Punk in the slot reserved for him in the Memory table, the ID should be 475. As for which hex code to use for the proper name String, look it up in the String table by clicking the appropriate button.

It's true, it's true - thank you! ;-)

A new version is now available. The download link is located in the top post. Please download and install this latest version as it fixes some major bugs with the previous ones.

Update Notes:

2016.03.30: VERSION 2016.0.2.1 Alpha:
+ Fixed the "String Table" button to link to the correct String table for WWE 2k16 (it was previously linking to the 2k15 version). Downloading the previously issued hotfix is no longer required.
+ Fixed a major, lingering bug with string parsing of wrestlers with names that included numbers. This should now allow wrestlers like "Arnold T2" to be saved with the correct values in the entire application, including the .pofo, .moveset and Alternate Attire Unlocker sections.
+ Corrected a couple of ID descriptions (still lots to go).

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Hi, I would also like to report a bug. When I try to delete the folder with the moveset creator, it says that there is a file with a name too long to be deleted. I can't rename it and I can't delete it. It is in the resources folder with the name Readme_UniversalAlternateAttireUnlock. Maybe you could fix that too.

Hi, I would also like to report a bug. When I try to delete the folder with the moveset creator, it says that there is a file with a name too long to be deleted. I can't rename it and I can't delete it. It is in the resources folder with the name Readme_UniversalAlternateAttireUnlock. Maybe you could fix that too.

Not really, I can't fix limiations of an Operating system's file system. ;) The only advice I can give is to not extract things it into a too deep folder structure.
In any case, you should be able to find instructions on how to delete a file with a too long file name with a search engine of your choosing.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Not really, I can't fix limiations of an Operating system's file system. ;) The only advice I can give is to not extract things it into a too deep folder structure.
In any case, you should be able to find instructions on how to delete a file with a too long file name with a search engine of your choosing.

I solved it, thank you :)

In the middle of porting over all attires from 2k15, every time I click on Unlock Alternate Attires, it asks me to install it again every time. You can click cancel and it closes, but is it really necessary to ask everyime? Especially when if you did accidentally hit install it overwrites all your previous attire settings.

Also, is there a way to make it full screen, because when I do all it does it make the blue background bigger, but the scroll bar stays in the middle. And is there a way to get rid of all unnecessary blue space below the buttons?

Great tool by the way, really useful!

Just ran by the Terminator 2 bug again while trying to assign my ported CM Punk more attires. His designated slot 475 on the sheet works now so that's fixed, but it still resets the on the Terminator 2 button to select a superstar once I close the program. So far, I've only seen this done with Arnold T2.

Just ran by the Terminator 2 bug again while trying to assign my ported CM Punk more attires. His designated slot 475 on the sheet works now so that's fixed, but it still resets the on the Terminator 2 button to select a superstar once I close the program. So far, I've only seen this done with Arnold T2.

Hm, odd. It works fine for me (Version 2016.0.2.1). Which slot in the Attire unlocker do you have Arnold T2 in? Try to put it in another and see if it works.

In the middle of porting over all attires from 2k15, every time I click on Unlock Alternate Attires, it asks me to install it again every time. You can click cancel and it closes, but is it really necessary to ask everyime? Especially when if you did accidentally hit install it overwrites all your previous attire settings.

Also, is there a way to make it full screen, because when I do all it does it make the blue background bigger, but the scroll bar stays in the middle. And is there a way to get rid of all unnecessary blue space below the buttons?

Great tool by the way, really useful!

Hm, really odd that you get asked to reinstall it. It should only do so if the misc file isn't compliant or not in the appropriate location. Not sure what's happening there on your end.

As for the GUI, it isn't ideal, but reworking the dreaded thing would take longer than implementing all the missing features. So it'll have to wait. The problem with this Java Swing GUI is, when I move any one item, everything else gets completely displaced, overlapped, etc., especially when trying to give it a dynamic resize feature. Heck, it took me a long time just to add the few extra GUI elements for the new pofo bytes without having the rest all over the place (longer then actually coding the backend stuff). And the additional space is there so the scroll bars show up, as for some reason they don't appear at lower resolutions otherwise and people with such wouldn't be able to use the tool at all.
I might completely rework the GUI in the future, but I think it's more important to get all the features working properly first, especially since I don't have a lot of time to work on it until summer. It's still an early alpha version anyway, there is lots of time until beta, not to mention a release candidate. ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Is there a way to add the names back to the alternate attires of the wrestlers that already had them in game? I noticed that it's all 1-10 for them and you can't really tell how many each person has because sometimes if you pick the wrong one it crashes

A new version is now available with some features that have been asked for. The download link is located in the top post. Happy testing!

Update Notes:

2016.04.02: VERSION 2016.0.3.0 Alpha:
+ Advanced Entrance Editor has been implemented and activated.
+ Move Editor has been implemented and activated. This allows you to set moves for various move categories.
Note that only move types that were in WWE 2k15 are available right now. WWE 2k16 specific move types will be added in a later version. Until then you'll have to set them manually in the game.
+ Experimental ability to load WWE 2k15 .moveset data, edit it and save it as 2k16 .moveset data.
+ Some Additions and fixes to ID Data files (still many more to go!).

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new version is now available with some features that have been asked for. The download link is located in the top post.

Update Notes:

2016.04.03: VERSION 2016.0.3.1 Alpha:
+ Slightly adjusted layout of the Moveset Creator section.
+ Added duplicate buttons for external tools useful to each section.
+ Fixed icons for the Advanced Entrance Creator and Move creator popup windows.
+ Fixed a couple of minor display bugs.
Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Can we have a color selector? The turquoise blue is killer on my eyes ;). And what is the recommended program for the wall and mini injector? When i click it asks me to select a program.