Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

I literally cannot play the game after the update which I happened to do 2-3 days back.. It stops at loading screen after selecting characters.. and NO, I don't have any wrongly installed POFO and moveset 'cause I even tried with a fresh save.

Have you restored all your modded *.pac files from before the patch?

I literally cannot play the game after the update which I happened to do 2-3 days back.. It stops at loading screen after selecting characters.. and NO, I don't have any wrongly installed POFO and moveset 'cause I even tried with a fresh save.

Jep.

Jep.

Any solution Cave?

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed this mod, but after I install the Kenny Omega mod, the game doesn't want to load with him in it, and it starts loading with the normal chunk cache speed. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It's much the same issue AJ_HeelTurn is having, so a solution would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by GokaiSanyu

So I installed this mod, but after I install the Kenny Omega mod, the game doesn't want to load with him in it, and it starts loading with the normal chunk cache speed. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It's much the same issue AJ_HeelTurn is having, so a solution would be greatly appreciated!

is it even crashing after like 15 minutes of loading?

• 2 weeks later...

instead of making a blank chunkcache.bin file,its better to take the original chunkcache.bin,open it in HXD,erase the 1st line and save it,its better,the game will load faster

instead of making a blank chunkcache.bin file,its better to take the original chunkcache.bin,open it in HXD,erase the 1st line and save it,its better,the game will load faster

HEHEHEHHEHE I Will Try Excited!Faster!

• Like 1

can you upload your Chunkcatche.bin file  I need it to fix crashing problem

You can download the file that is linked in the top post of this thread or Download Data Editor for WWE 2k16 and use the "Fix Startup Crash with Mods" button to install it conveniently. It shouldn't really make a difference whether the file is empty or otherwise tampered with, I've timed both and the first startup after reboot is about the same length (within a margin of error - sometimes one would be a second or two faster, sometimes the other). This also makes sense, since when you tamper with the file, it's checksum will be broken and it simply isn't used when it isn't in it's original state. So just use the empty one and the game should start up just fine.

Edited by Cave Waverider

there is no need to upload it,its very easy,just take the original file,open it in hex editor and erase the 1st line and save it,its that much simple

You can download the file that is linked in the top post of this thread or Download Data Editor for WWE 2k16 and use the "Fix Startup Crash with Mods" button to install it conveniently. It shouldn't really make a difference whether the file is empty or otherwise tampered with, I've timed both and the first startup after reboot is about the same length (within a margin of error - sometimes one would be a second or two faster, sometimes the other). This also makes sense, since when you tamper with the file, it's checksum will be broken and it simply isn't used when it isn't in it's original state. So just use the empty one and the game should start up just fine.

really? so both are same? 

there is no need to upload it,its very easy,just take the original file,open it in hex editor and erase the 1st line and save it,its that much simple

really? so both are same? 

From my testing on four different computers in the household it doesn't seem to make a difference, at least.

• 1 month later...

Hey man !! My game was working fine 2 days back but now on whenever i start the game splash screen comes up and after that copyrights screen shows up and then after 5-6 second it crashes and a box appears (WWE 2K16 has stopped working) and then it closes the window....so, now what should i do...Please do reply man !! I love this one alot !! ;( 

Hey man !! My game was working fine 2 days back but now on whenever i start the game splash screen comes up and after that copyrights screen shows up and then after 5-6 second it crashes and a box appears (WWE 2K16 has stopped working) and then it closes the window....so, now what should i do...Please do reply man !! I love this one alot !! ;( 

did you install any mods, or download any extra CAWs ?

Actually 2 days back i installed Smackdown HCTP, and it required certain softwares and emulatore, i installed them all and it was working but after that whenever i try to run 2k16 this happens, i was having this problem earlier also in the starting (same prob.) so i watched a video on youtube and got to know that it required certain dll files so i downloaded them and replaced them !! But now nothings working at all !! :'( I just want this game to work !! PS: I uninstalled all the softwares and emulators but still...Help Please 

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a step by step guide that can show me how to install without messing it up? In the last 2 days i have installed and uninstalled WWE 2k16 9 times because i can not get the game to run after i install the future proof string and the pac , mofo , moveset files. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

intel i5 processor, 8 gb ram, nvidia 820m graphic card.......can i run wwe 2k16 in my pc with these specs

intel i5 processor, nvidia 820m gpu, 8 gb ram ...........can i run wwe 2k16 in pc with these specs???????