PC Modding Discoveries

tekken57

Just tried adding a 2K14 move animation to 2K16. The animation, sadly, does not play. However the second ID in createmode.pac seems to have a purpose. As the animation ID has changed for Clothesline 8 (using the 2K14 Clothesline 9 ID) and Clothesline 9 (C3 97), I tried swapping the animation ID for both A4 44 and C3 97 in the 2k16 createmode.pac. What happened was that the game loaded the animation for Clothesline 9 (the 2k16 one), however it didn't show the move name, nor was it selectable in the moves list. I then replaced the bytes for C3 97 with the bytes from A4 44. The game viewed the animation and saw the move under Clothesline 8...

Did anyone look at the remotecache.vdf file in the save game folder? This file contains information about every file in the save game folder. Like size or sha

"caasbigh0000"
{
"root" "0"
"size" "30309"
"localtime" "1460400774"
"time" "1460400880"
"remotetime" "0"
"sha" "9f237be4c5f227e0acc7227e78f14e5c91707a34"
"syncstate" "1"
"persiststate" "1"
"platformstosync2" "-1"
}

Here's the full thing: http://pastebin.com/eXMV7UHs

I saw that at the steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/385730/discussions/0/368542585866040813/

Maybe editing that file could fix a save game corrupt error or would allow caw injecion.

That explains why the save file gets corrupted if you edit it directly and why the caw files don't load if you use another person's caw.

Sha is a type of checksum, so it is probably generating a checksum for each file in the directory to determine if you have replaced the files. This also means that if you want to backup your save, you need to take a backup of the remotecache.vdf as well, which is what I've been doing all along.

Edited by tekken57

If you extract the skeleton of a PC yobj model and use the Anatomizer and make someone's object into the only one there in the yobj and import the skeleton there , won't it fix the object onto the model? I tried this with Rusev as the model and removed the trunks and put a new 00CE and then injected regal trunks with the skeleton and all that but it crashed when I chose him for a match. why? 

It seems I am making progress with the 2k14 entrances. I have been successful in finding the bone offset from a 2k16 PC entrance, however I am having no luck with finding the equivalent offset on a 2k14 entrance. After the YANM entry on a 2k16 entrance are bytes for the bone positioning. "F9 1A 7A 26". This can also be found on a 2k15 PC entrance as well.

*sigh* SO CLOSE! There are two offsets in a 2k14 entrance, which I don't know if they both need to be replaced, or just one. They are: "34 7D 36 54" and "BD 5B 52 59". Please can someone check for me if they will work after they've been replaced? The offset in the 2k15/2k16 entrance is: "30 F9 1A 7A 26"

I tried both values, and something interesting happened! On the first value, the game crashed with the usual "WWE 2K16 has stopped working". On the second value, however, the game froze at the loading screen, but I could hear the crowd noise. 

I've tried 2k14 entrances and looked into extracting the animation values. the best I could get is to get the model standing in t pose on the ramp. The animation format is completely different.

Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes could help with where you left off. What did you do to get the model "standing in a t pose on the ramp"? Ken Shamrock is using the same entrance animation from '13/2K14. If I can find out what the differences are between the two entrances, that might give me a clue...

Edited by jakeypearce

Something interesting to document with the animation format. This is a screenshot of a 2k14 move (A4 44):

8WU8PVo.png

Notice that the IDs are the same to a 2k14 entrance. Now, let's look at a 2k16 move (DB 24):

WUkybNP.png

The animation IDs are the exact same to a 2k16 entrance. In theory, it looks like we just have to copy over the newer IDs and replace the old ones. Well, I tried that and it didn't work. :(

No matter what you try it won't work. I don't mean to discourage yT spseou but the animation is not compatible due to different bone and rigging types across platforms. This is why, even though I extracted the animation and injected it into a pc animation, the model stands in T-pose.

I think I've just found out why Hulk Hogan's comeback freezes. For some reason (and I believe this is from the PC version of 2k15), the devs decided to use the same animation format that was used in 2k14 and earlier.

Ok nerds***, anyone do any research on the 00ca- 00ce files (00ce controls masking body parts under clothes, 00ca controls body weights to some degree, shrug on 00cd ). Please someone tell me they have it all figured out and proceed to explain it to me like an 8 year old because it's driving me nuts why certain parts won't work with certain wrestlers because of weights.

***Disclaimer: I am only joking when I call people in this thread nerds....Bannock*** 

Edited by bravebird31

I just tried adding "Super Hurricanrana" from 2K15 (PC) to 2K16 (PC). The game played the animation, but as soon as the wrestler hit the floor, both wrestlers froze. I think it's a positioning problem. Super Hurricanrana can be found in mot05.pac\ALW5\02AC under the hex name "DB95" and all_mot05.pac\G005\0232 under the same hex name for WWE 2K15 and 2K16 respectively.

Ok nerds, anyone do any research on the 00ca- 00ce files (00ce controls masking body parts under clothes, 00ca controls body weights to some degree, shrug on 00cd ). Please someone tell me they have it all figured out and proceed to explain it to me like an 8 year old because it's driving me nuts why certain parts won't work with certain wrestlers because of weights. 

Calling people nerds ain't going to help your cause. I know plenty about 00CE, it really isn't difficult to work out if you invest time into studying it. 

Ha like i'd ask a Scotsman for help. Any man that's a fan of Drew Galloway....*** Besides I'm a lazy american. But seriously I'm sure 00ce if I took more time with it, but right now I'm more concerned with 00ca then anything else (was trying to help someone out with a project they were working on and apparently certain parts of models won't play nice with other models, I am having trouble understanding how to fix it in the 00ca file. Seriously, have you taken a look at that file yet? Right now it seems super convoluted.  

***Just screwin with ya mate***

• Like 1

Hello. How to add strings in the names that have already been in the game? For example in a string of name Stone Cold I need to add additional strings to three or more letters.

So I just tried adding "Knee Smash" from 2k15 to 16. The wrestler did the gut kick, but then froze as he began to run towards the ropes. So it looks like the initial freezing problem with Hogan's Comeback is an issue with the 2k15 moves. I am looking into it now!

I think I figured out how to use those last 100 or so slots that we've had trouble with.  I need a few days to make a program for it, it's sadly not something I can change in a file as far as I can see, it has to be a trainer you run each time you want to play with those slots.

• Like 3

So a extended find from my last one.  I can map multiple PACH's to the same slot.  I can only have the first one load in menu, but if you are injecting pach numbers like with my match table, you can inject the second number and it will have the pofo/moveset of the slot he's mapped to.  I used this to add more attires to my cm punk slot.  I don't really know any elegant way to really do this, and it's such a fringe case I might just build in some extra pachs mapped this way in my next PAC plus exe

One of the things i've been doing lately is trying to switch out the referee using cheat engine, although the issue i'm having at the moment is that while I can switch to any of the other referee models the game crashes when setting a superstar/manager in his place.

I'll post an update if I can find a way around it as so far everything i've tried still results in a crash, e.g. replacing pacs, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

QU6cGRB.png

That's all I'm going to say! :p

I still haven't had any luck yet with existing moves being longer than their original string (ones that don't have a number at the start. Ie. "1 ", "2 ",) and I think it's down to the last 4 bytes (NOT 00) before the move name. In any case, this looks like it will fix moves such as " Hulk Hogan 1", and " Knee Smash". The good news is that, when in the right order, moves can be renamed fairly easily. Here is all of the "Straight Edge" taunts renamed to "CM Punk" in the correct order (Ie. They don't appear in taunts that start with "S")

N3yV0RN.jpg

For those wondering, yes, "Clown 1" is a deleted move found in that same pac. It was not added by me (via external resources), only unlocked and marked as "new" (explained in my thread).

:)

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 1