Beastedot9's Mods/Tutorials - PacUnpacker/CHEMD

beastedot9

Okay guys, this thread will be for tutorials or any mods I release (I doubt the latter due to time but we’ll see).

PacUnpacker:

So to kick off, I realised that the PacTool by Keshire does not extract all files from 2K16 neither does it import at all. So this is for those who cannot extract/import files to and from 2K16 and need an alternative to extracting/importing textures, models etc. Please note that I haven't figured out the importing of models just yet.Prerequisites:

-    Quickbms (credit: Aluigi)
-    Offzip
-    Hex editor (I use Hex workshop but HxD is recommended for the last few steps)

All of these can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/1RVj1RT

Included in this downloadable is everything you need to get started. I also included a GUI application which is a very simple and basic program I made in C# (still becoming accustomed to the language and coding as a whole so bare with me :p ) to just launch everything from one place instead of having to continuously click on other applications/files. Tutorial can be found in the README.

That said, I hope this was useful and once I figure out importing for models, I will post it here as well as other tutorials. Any questions or requests, please feel free to ask!

CHEMD (Simple application to rename and change EMD values of files):

Link: http://bit.ly/1QYiVpb

Tutorial in the README.

Replace WWE 2K16 superstars/divas with WWE 2K15 pac files (tutorial):

Step 1 – Lets prepare everything. Get Zack Ryder’s pac file ch21902.pac and paste it to the desktop. Now do the same for Khali’s pac file from 2K15 (ch45502.pac). You can also extract to a folder on your desktop like I have below.

2rr2g42.jpg

Step 2 – Open X-packer and press ctrl + q to open Khali’s pac file (refer to picture below). Once loaded you will see the PACH file name 00045502 (Picture no.3).

ilg45w.jpg

30kvs6r.jpg

Step 3 - Click on Extract and navigate either to your desktop or the folder you set up. You should now have a folder like picture 4.

zvvtwn.jpg

Step 4 – Open Ryder’s pac file in your folder the same way you did for Khali but do not extract anything. Here you want to click on inject and double click the PACH file you extracted from Khali (Picture No.5). If all went well it should say file injected successfully.

2eulbuu.jpg

Step 5 – Now you will see in your folder a pac file ending in .bak. Delete that, you will not need it and causes more complications than it’s worth :p

Step 6 – Right click on ch21902.pac and click on copy. Go to your game folder for WWE 2K16 and go to the ch folder located in the pac folder. Scroll down till you see ryder’s original pac file (ch21902.pac). For now just drag this to the desktop in case anything goes wrong so you can copy it back.

Step 7 – Right click in the ch folder and click on paste (or press ctrl + V). Accept any permissions that may be required. Check now that ch21902.pac is pasted in your folder and if it is launch the game and see if Ryder now changed to Khali (Picture 6 for proof of working).

200ck9e.jpg

Hopefully it has worked now and you can pretty much do this with any other pac file from 2K15.   

Edited by beastedot9
  • Like 12

Thats all to complicated.... What we need is a like Fifa Creation Master for WWE2k16. Can you do that ?

It can be complicated yes but is a solution for now for people who wish to do it.

Right now, I do not have the knowledge to do that so as my knowledge grows, hopefully so will this :) 

This is awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting your method to import models. Some in-game models are so ugly that even someone as inexperienced as me can tinker with them and make them better.

• Like 2

Updated the first post with another application.

Very basic just to make the changing of EMD values more efficient as well as renaming the file too.

Edit: Added a tutorial for extracting and injecting 2K15 PACH's into 2K16 pac files.

Edited by beastedot9
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

first of all thx for the tool beast! works great!! but is a little complicated when a want to change too many textures :( are you working on imprrove this tool? or is this final? thx for everything beast!  :) 

• Like 1

first of all thx for the tool beast! works great!! but is a little complicated when a want to change too many textures :( are you working on imprrove this tool? or is this final? thx for everything beast!  :) 

I do intend to update it at some point to add textures easier :D Haven't got the details of implementation down yet but once I do I will include it definitely.

• Like 1

Hey man I have a problem with the PacUnpacker when I click Extract Contents it asks me what I want to use to opem .bms files what do I choose?

Choose quickbms.exe that's in the folder. Thanks for pointing this out :) 

Hey man I have a problem with the PacUnpacker when I click Extract Contents it asks me what I want to use to opem .bms files what do I choose?

Choose quickbms.exe that's in the folder. Thanks for pointing this out :) 

ok thanks man :)

Also another question : what does this mean "Now before you make any edits in Photoshop, GIMP etc, this is where you need to mostly take your time as it is easy to mess up. Open the .dds file you edited in your hex editor (I highly recommend HxD for this). Scroll down a bit and you’ll see some values like below"

I didn't edit any .dds file in HxD.

Also another question : what does this mean "Now before you make any edits in Photoshop, GIMP etc, this is where you need to mostly take your time as it is easy to mess up. Open the .dds file you edited in your hex editor (I highly recommend HxD for this). Scroll down a bit and you’ll see some values like below"

What did you edit? :p

Also, I meant that do your edits and open it up in HxD by dragging it to it.

Edited by beastedot9

What did you edit? :p

Also, I meant that do your edits and open it up in HxD by dragging it to it.

oh

Updated the tutorial slightly as I found a more efficient method. I will eventually automate this when time permits but for now it's a lot simpler than the guessing game of the previous instructions :p

You'll just need to download the updated tutorial and paste it to your existing folder so you don't have to download the whole program again.

Herfyre Let me know if the updated version is easier now with importing textures.

Changes made:

- Now renames textures to their appropriate name when extracting

- Importing textures made easier

Edited by beastedot9

Herfyre Let me know if the updated version is easier now with importing textures.

Changes made:

- Now renames textures to their appropriate name when extracting

- Importing textures made easier

this is very helpful beast!!! work really fine !! its really easy to use :) thank you for your hard work

• Like 1

So if I don't have X-Packer and I'd want to get into superstar modding, could I just use your tool? Would it be possible to do it without X-Packer?

Edited by verde

So if I don't have X-Packer and I'd want to get into superstar modding, could I just use your tool? Would it be possible to do it without X-Packer?

Texture edits you can do no problem :)

It's just models that you cannot edit.

hey can you do again the render importer like you did in wwe 2k15 to add render using hxd

I could attempt to make the process automated but it was actually quite difficult to do manually in HxD this year. The offsets and sizes would change and a lot of editing was needed to get it to work :p

Texture edits you can do no problem :)

It's just models that you cannot edit.

hey can you do again the render importer like you did in wwe 2k15 to add render using hxd

I could attempt to make the process automated but it was actually quite difficult to do manually in HxD this year. The offsets and sizes would change and a lot of editing was needed to get it to work :p

know but the process of x packer 10 is too long but i know you can do that 

Hey man when I try to import the textures into the pac file it says 0 files reimported
I opened the PAC.bms and the pac file but still no luck

maybe is this problem...you need to have the files in  folders without spaces, for example : "New Folder" must be "newfolder"

try it :)