[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Hey im kind of stupid,

i cant wait and want to replace some music. Some guys said thats possible without mods, but idk how.

Can someone explain me or link me something on how to replace music in WWE 2K16?!

Would be great!

Hey im kind of stupid,

i cant wait and want to replace some music. Some guys said thats possible without mods, but idk how.

Can someone explain me or link me something on how to replace music in WWE 2K16?!

Would be great!

Hey, same here.

I'm totally new into modding but i kinda read the whole forum more or less. I already replaced a titontron, which is really no hard thing to do. 

I also can't wait for the injector 2, i'm so looking forward to its release! But I also would like to try to replace music now and I also want to unlock Ted Dibiase as playable character but i wasn't quite able to gather all the information i need to do this and that. For example a table with the music-filenames. Is there even one already for 2k16? I guess the HEX-Editing itself is the same as in 2k15 right?

Edited by faaak2

To answer the above 2 questions :

I've been following this tutorial here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5gt5mR-5g

Which works like a dream in 2k16 as well,

Only Problem is the name plates don't seem to show up for CAW's when adding in Titantrons & music and etc this way, like when they are walking down the ramp, nothing show's up at all, which is a major no no for me, so I'm assuming with the Sound injector that won't be an issue :)

Even had a Fatal 4 way and the only announcement's Lilian made was for my "Sasha Banks" and Brie Bella, no "and her partner is" - nothing like that, very odd.
EDIT: Just tested it - yeah, seems that the Titantrons/Music affects Lilians announcement skills.

Here's a pic of the Titantron & my CAW, looks good though :P http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646401545

Anyway, I'm very eager for this and hopefully it solves all problems :D

Edited by JosephKobiayashi

To answer the above 2 questions :

I've been following this tutorial here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5gt5mR-5g

Yeah, that's that one tutorial for replacing a titontron, which i've already done. Works perfect, true. BUT for me, this is not the method to replace entrance music because this way, you won't have music playing after the match, in the victory scene. And that is a major no no for me.

Only Problem is the name plates don't seem to show up for CAW's when adding in Titantrons & music and etc this way,

Dunno how these two stick together. Technically you replace just a movie file. I never had the problem of no showing name plates. Anyone else has?

Edited by faaak2

@faaak2 BUT for me, this is not the method to replace entrance music because this way, you won't have music playing after the match, in the victory scene. And that is a major no no for me.

Ahh, that would suck, I haven't even had a match yet, I'm trying to work out these name plates and Lilian's Announcements (also sorry guys for taking the thread a little bit off-topic) 

Edited by JosephKobiayashi

Sry for a little off topic. But it could be interessting for someone

Just recived this message from 2K support:

English:

Thank you for your message.

It seems like that the function to add own Music is not implemented due to licensing issues. As you already wrote you can  possibly manage it with mods.

I hope this helps you further. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

But i've read about that Consoles now can do it?!

English:

It seems like that the function to add own Music is not implemented due to licensing issues. As you already wrote you can  possibly manage it with mods.

I hope this helps you further. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Well, that is complete and utter bullshit from 2k. You don't need to have music licensed for private use so that 2K employee is clearly retarded. Many games have had custom music including the previous WWE games before 2K took over. Its just another example of the developer's laziness where they want the players to do a lot of the work for them.

• Like 1

English:

Best regards,

Well, that is complete and utter bullshit from 2k. You don't need to have music licensed for private use so that 2K employee is clearly retarded. Many games have had custom music including the previous WWE games before 2K took over. Its just another example of the developer's laziness where they want the players to do a lot of the work for them.

Last gen version does have custom music

Current gen versions are not capable 

PC does not have custom music coz it's a direct port from current gen version

Any update on a release date?

He said there might be a beta release this weekend if he can find the rest of the file locations.
I don't see how bugging him about a release is going to help him out at all. Maybe that's just me lol. 

Edited by JDB
  • Like 1

I'm back with some bad news guys...

First, possibly no beta release in this week. I'm very busy with work. All menu soundtracks are done, but still some generic and wrestler themes left. It's not so much but I want to make sure that all runs flawlessly before the first release goes public. Next week I'll have more free time because of holidays. So maybe you have to wait a bit longer.  I will leave a message to some selected testers if this version is ready, same like last year... Please send no requests for that!

Next bad news...

Quantity of generic themes and themes in general is even smaller than I thought. Some themes share the same slots. Two examples are the Bella Twins and Nikki Bella, and 2 generic themes "Extreme 1 and 2" and also "Movie Star 1 and 2". Both differ only in some strange "noise"...

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

First, possibly no beta release in this week. I'm very busy with work. All menu soundtracks are done, but still some generic and wrestler themes left. It's not so much but I want to make sure that all runs flawlessly before the first release goes public. Next week I'll have more free time because of holidays. So maybe you have to wait a bit longer.  I will leave a message to some selected testers if this version is ready, same like last year... Please send no requests for that!

Next bad news...

Quantity of generic themes and themes in general is even smaller than I thought. Some themes share the same slots. Two examples are the Bella Twins and Nikki Bella, and 2 generic themes "Extreme 1 and 2" and also "Movie Star 1 and 2". Both differ only in some strange "noise"...

no worries take your time

No worries, the real world comes first :). That sucks about the duplicates but I had suspected it might be the case. The other duplicate themes I had earmarked were:

Luke Harper = Harper & Rowan
Ricky Steamboat = Ricky Steamboat '91
Rikishi = Rikish '00
The Rock '00 = The Rock '01
Stunning Steve Austin = Brian Pillman 2
Cesaro = Tyson Kidd & Cesaro

Assume its the same case with all of them?

You're right, most of them share the same slots, even if they are listed separately :(. At least Rikishi, Ricky Steamboat, The Rock. But not Cesaro & Tyson Kidd! Others I have to test first.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

I signed up because I've been using version 1 on WWE2k15, can't wait for the new version.

My wife's hooked on the game as well..lol

I noticed myself a lot of the generic named songs do sound like WWE star's themes.

Next bad news...

I thought the bad news was going to be way worse haha. 

First news: life happens man, that's no biggie. 
Second: while not having a lot of generic themes to replace isn't ideal, at least we've got menu soundtracks to replace this year :)
I for one, don't use divas, so I look forward to replacing alllll of those themes. 

Is there going to be a tool like this but for the titantrons as well?

No, titantron replacement doesn't even require a tool, it has a thread of new tron to replace current ones :D Unless u want to convert new tron though

2 generic themes "Extreme 1 and 2" and also "Movie Star 1 and 2". Both differ only in some strange "noise"...

Yes, sadly it was the same with those themes last year (whatever they were called then, as they had different names last year as all generic themes). The game seems to "remix" those themes for #2 with something instead of having two recordings, so this was to be expected.

Thank for your understanding guys :).

Oh shit when I read bad news I thought u were going to cancel it :'( 

OMG no, I don't want to cancel it :D. I'm almost done... Generic themes and soundtracks are complete, only a few wrestler themes left. I will complete them after work or tomorrow. It shouldn't take that long.

Yes, sadly it was the same with those themes last year (whatever they were called then, as they had different names last year as all generic themes). The game seems to "remix" those themes for #2 with something instead of having two recordings, so this was to be expected.

Yeah, it was the same last year but I've had hopes that it isn't the case this year - at least for the superstar themes like The Rock, Rikishi, Ricky Steamboat. But yeah.. In reality we haven't much more themes than last year, at least that applies to the generic themes. But okay, at least better than nothing :).

• Like 2