[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Sound Injector 2.0

So, here we are again. New year, new version... This year only @Smacktalks. At the moment this is only a placeholder. Later you will find news and updates about upcoming Sound Injector releases.

Work is going really well so far. I have recreated some parts from last year which saves me a lot of work in future releases. All data is now separated from main program - stored in a xml file. That makes some things a lot easier. Later you'll only need to update that file and not the whole program (only if structure changes).

I can work a lot faster on data updates without touching and compiling the same program again and again. It's also much more flexible and expandable.

I have already included all data elements for Wrestler-Themes, Generic-Themes and Soundtracks (if possible). Only most of the sound ids are still missing. In the next days, I will try to complete most of the ids.. If I find them all ;). DLC is mostly done because there weren't many ids / new sounds...

So yeah, that's it for today... Happy to be here with so many great modders!

Any Idea when there may be a release?

I`m really new here and to wrestling games (since I`m a pc user). Looking forward to any sound mod that will allow me to add my own music to the game!

What his mod did last year was let you replace any theme with another.  I hope when he posts his updated mod this year, he also reposts the tutorial because you have to download WWise so you can convert the sound files properly.

Little bit of work but oh so worth it.  And last year his mod worked great.

Tron replacement is easy honestly.  Just gotta get BINK Rad Tools and know the file name of the tron you wanna replace.

• Like 1

I am really sorry to bother i really loved your injector for 2k15 .took my game to the next level, i check every 2 hour for the update .thank you for your work

• Like 1

No problem :). I can understand your feelings because this game isn't the same without custom music! And I can assure you that I'll try my best to get an update out ASAP. But unfortunately I can't get any exact release date. I will release it "when it's done". It depends on how fast I will find all the ids. There are so many sound files and a lot of them are there multiple times. So I have to sort out the "right" files. It's more or less "trial and error" and a lot of testing and that's what it makes time consuming. I hope to get something done in the next few days but I can't promise. Maybe 60% are done so far.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

No problem :). I can understand your feelings because this game isn't the same without custom music! And I can assure you that I'll try my best to get an update out ASAP. But unfortunately I can't get any exact release date. I will release it "when it's done". It depends on how fast I will find all the ids. There are so many sound files and a lot of them are there multiple times. So I have to sort out the "right" files. It's more or less "trial and error" and a lot of testing and that's what it makes time consuming. I hope to get something done in the next few days but I can't promise. Maybe 60% are done so far.

What if some of those files that are multiple times are winning songs, i mean, let's say you play with Chris Jericho, his song won't start from the beginning when he gets the win, it will start from the chorus....  that maaay be something

I`m really new here and to wrestling games (since I`m a pc user). Looking forward to any sound mod that will allow me to add my own music to the game!

What his mod did last year was let you replace any theme with another.  I hope when he posts his updated mod this year, he also reposts the tutorial because you have to download WWise so you can convert the sound files properly.

Little bit of work but oh so worth it.  And last year his mod worked great.

Tron replacement is easy honestly.  Just gotta get BINK Rad Tools and know the file name of the tron you wanna replace.

I`m willing to learn and I`ll replace music since there are quite a few default ones I don`t like anyway. Thanks for the input.

Your efforts are highly appreciated, m8!

I couldn't find out why they are there multiple times. Sometimes it's also exactly the same file with the same file size! That makes no sense to me.  I use the "entrance editor" as reference because there are all files which we are able to select in-game. That works - at least for Exhibition. But what I can say - since I already have Y2J in - is, it will use only one file for both entrance and winning animation! The game itself cuts the first few seconds of Jerichos theme in his winning animation. So when you add another music, it cuts out the first few seconds, too.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I couldn't find out why they are there multiple times. Sometimes it's also exactly the same file with the same file size! That makes no sense to me.  I use the "entrance editor" as reference because there are all files which we are able to select in-game. That works - at least for Exhibition. But what I can say - since I already have Y2J in - is, it will use only one file for both entrance and winning animation! The game itself cuts the first few seconds of Jerichos theme in his winning animation. So when you add another music, it cuts off the first few seconds, too.

So putting in a custom audio with 2 or 3 seconds of silence at the start should fix that?

I couldn't find out why they are there multiple times. Sometimes it's also exactly the same file with the same file size! That makes no sense to me.  I use the "entrance editor" as reference because there are all files which we are able to select in-game. That works - at least for Exhibition. But what I can say - since I already have Y2J in - is, it will use only one file for both entrance and winning animation! The game itself cuts the first few seconds of Jerichos theme in his winning animation. So when you add another music, it cuts off the first few seconds, too.

So putting in a custom audio with 2 or 3 seconds of silence at the start should fix that?

Yes, in case of Jericho that should "fix" it but only for his winning animation. Because the game uses one file for both, entrance plays from the beginning, so you will have some silence at the beginning. But I don't think that it is such a big problem.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I couldn't find out why they are there multiple times. Sometimes it's also exactly the same file with the same file size! That makes no sense to me.  I use the "entrance editor" as reference because there are all files which we are able to select in-game. That works - at least for Exhibition. But what I can say - since I already have Y2J in - is, it will use only one file for both entrance and winning animation! The game itself cuts the first few seconds of Jerichos theme in his winning animation. So when you add another music, it cuts out the first few seconds, too.

Could it be that some of the themes listed double in the entrance editor (for different wrestlers, but same song) are using separate, but identical songs this time around?

Could it be that some of the themes listed double in the entrance editor (for different wrestlers, but same song) are using separate, but identical songs this time around?

It could be but I'm not sure. Most themes for more than one wrestler sharing the same song as team music, for example "The Outsiders" for Hall and Nash or "Los Matadores". Both superstars have the team music as their entrance music.

Hey VisitorX, Thanks for doing this!

One question.. Will this work for menu music or just the entrances?

I'd like to use some menu music from another game.

This year it is luckily possible to change all the soundtracks so yeah, you can also replace menu music with your own tracks!

Edited by TheVisitorX

It could be but I'm not sure. Most themes for more than one wrestler sharing the same song as team music, for example "The Outsiders" for Hall and Nash or "Los Matadores". Both superstar have the team music as their entrance music.

Hey VisitorX, Thanks for doing this!

One question.. Will this work for menu music or just the entrances?

I'd like to use some menu music from another game.

This year it is alos possible to change all the soundtracks so yeah, you can also replace them with your own!

Looks like I'm getting Smackdown vs Raw 2005's soundtrack. xD

Yes, in case of Jericho that should "fix" it but only for his winning animation. Because the game uses one file for both, entrance plays from the beginning, so you will have some silence at the beginning. But I don't think that it is such a big problem.

I appreciate your reply. Yea, it doesn`t seem to me to be a big issue. Keep up the good work, we`re all hoping you can do this.

The other thing that could be... is that In-Game Wrestlers songs are not the same than Jukebox wrestlers songs

If this were true, all you've gotta do to test it is replace an "entrance editor" theme, and then see if that theme plays in the menu still, or if your replaced song plays.
If they're separate files (fingers crossed) we could have a LOT of soundtrack songs.

No problem ;). It was an option... so... Even if its not true, it is good to find things out before release. I think this extra files are more or less junk (at least I hope so...). Last year it was the same... :)

Edited by TheVisitorX