[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Sound Injector 2.1.4

So, here we are again. New year, new version... This year only @Smacktalks. Here you will find news and updates about upcoming Sound Injector releases.

Before you download this tool, please read this short description / Q&A carefully to prevent some possible issues.

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to import and replace all Entrance-Themes, soundtracks and more with your custom tracks in the game WWE 2K16! This applies to Generic and Wrestler-Themes and this year also ALL menu-soundtracks.

What you can NOT do?
You can NOT add new themes and it is also not possible to rename existing.

What do I need to run this tool?
Sound Injector is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64Bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool, which is included in Sound Injector, you will need to have an installed version of Wwise.

You can download it here:
https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Win32.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_x64.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Data.msi

Please use only that version, version 2015.x does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool does use methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are two ways to do that.

1. You can make it via Wwise but Wwise only supports *.wav files, so you have to convert to *.wav first!

A tutorial how to convert to WEM can be found here:

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1825386-Replacing-Entrance-Music

You only need the first part of this tutorial, it describes how you can convert to wem.

2. Second (and easier way): You can use my custom Sound-Converter, which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Injector (Tools / Sound-Converter).

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them! So please start it already with them!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version and/or I can't import music, because program says, I don't have WWE 2K installed.

Both of that are mostly path issues. This program reads the path to Sound- and Wwise folders from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). There are two text boxes. If program has found your path, both should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to each text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\Win32\Release\bin (for 32bit)

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\x64\Release\bin (for 64bit)

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory! It must include the WwiseCLI.exe otherwise sound-converter isn't working!

The other path is the path to your WWE 2K16 mainfolder. It should be something like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\WWE 2K16

It's the path which points to your game directory. This is needed for sound injection.

I can't hear anything in-game / sound is too low/to loud

If you use my Sound-Converter tool, there is some slider named "volume boost". Please use that slider carefully! Slider all to the right does NOT mean 100% volume. Each step to the right increases your volume up to 1db! So all to the right means +10db, all to the left means +/- 0db (default). If your sound volume is too high, it could be that you don't hear anything in-game. I recommend something like 2 or 3 steps from the left. Default is a bit too quite for my taste.

Please, before you ask or report an issue, here are the common most reported problems and their possible fixes

1. People who have problems with the themes not playing during entrance with custom/modded superstars, please make sure that you have changed the entrance music id with cheatengine after applying the moveset. Also Hogans entrance has no music by default! It is not a problem with SI.

2. When the second entrance is silent or not playing it is a bug from the game, caused by the advanced entrance editor. You have to wait for a patch or only use the "easy mode" as temporary fix.

3. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something with the game running. That does not work! If injection takes a long time and you get no success message, check your debug info. It is mostly caused by a wrong soundid. There is only a log entry for that, no dialog message!

4. If all does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SI and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for that. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection. I need further information for that case.

Please take in mind even if it's already tested and works it could possibly damage your pc or game (even though it shouldn't)! So always make backups!

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

There is a great video tutorial which simply describes all things. It's from last year but it's mostly the same this year:

Thank you very much for this video, M.SabrY!!! All credits to you!

Download

http://adf.ly/1YdBqm

Changes in this version

- Fixed: The "Dynamic range filtering" was applied when "Normalize" setting has been selected

- Fixed: Wrong id for Kevin Owens
- Added: Another alternative sound id for "The Vaudevillains" =>  Tag-Team Entrance

=> First one is the theme for all other Wrestlers, second one is the theme used by Simon Gotch / Aiden English

- Fixed: Wrong ids for Paige and The Nation of Domination

- Final Release for this year
- Fixed: .pck.pck misspelling in file names
- Added: p01.pck sound file with id 19
- Some changes in the "Sound-Converter" (removed volume slider, optimized compression, new optional dynamic range filter to prevent distortion, higher bit rates for converted files, before: 96kbit/s, now: variable bitrate up to 250kb/s => takes a bit longer to convert
- Volume is still too low (only during entrance, not in menu) - I can't do anything about that. The sound file is as loud as possible without distortions. You have to tweak it in an external SoundEditor
- Fixed: some wrong ids in the data.xml file
- General tweaks

- New audio converter library "sox"
- More advanced audio settings/ effects for audio conversion like compression and normalization

- Fixed: Id for Fandango
- Fixed: Wrong sound file name

- Support for WWE 2K16 added
- Data is now separated and easy to edit by data.xml file (You can also add more sounds to replace if you like and know the ids)
- Batch convert multiple files to wem by selecting more than one file
- Settings -> change export directory of your converted .wem files

Sound Editor 1.0.1

New features:

- preview audio
- export audio
- inject mp3 and wav files directly (it still needs wwise because it converts to wem)

Changes in this version

- Search for files by ID

- Initial Release

Would be great if you could get me some feedback!

http://adf.ly/1e3eEJ

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 33

Awesome :D

I'm looking forward to putting the official 32 Wrestlemania theme song as my CAW's theme song. Somehow :D

Edited by JosephKobiayashi

Unfortunately no. You can add stuff, yes. But not in this way. It is still only replacing. But you could add more sound files for replacing if you know the ids (commentary for example). XML is only the way how it stores its information.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Unfortunately no. You can add stuff, yes. But not in this way. It is still only replacing. But you could add more sound files for replacing if you know the ids (commentary for example). XML is only the way how it stores its information.

I'm fine with that.  Between the generic entrance themes, about 2/3 of the licensed songs, and the entrance themes for all the guys I'll never use, I'd still have plenty of room to work with.  As Vince himself would say, very nicely done!  Looking forward to the finished product.

Replacing defeats the purpose of modding in my opinion.

That's your opinion. Nobody forces you to use my tool. If you can live with not changing anything, it's okay. Feel free to develop your own method or tool to add sounds instead of replacing and share it with us! It's completely up to you.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

That's your opinion. Nobody forces you to use my tool. If you can live with not changing anything, it's okay. You can also try to develop your own tool. It's completely up to you.

Bro, the Nordic Templar guy makes no sense. "Replacing defeats the purpose of modding" LOL WHAT!? So he's saying, "modding music in, defeats the purpose of modding" It doesn't matter if it's replaced or not, you're literally "modding" no matter how you look at it. Jesus, some of you guys are retarded. 

TheVisitorX, don't mind that fool, you keep doing the lords work man! You're awesome, 2k15 wouldn't have been the same without your tool. 

• Like 2

Reposting from the old 2k thread:

Last year's version refused to work for me. It triggered my antivirus' euristic scan, but even putting the software into the exceptions it still wouldn't start, giving me an "out of memory to run this application" error. 

@TheVisitorX, could this be fixable in the 2k16 version of the injector? I know this doesn't seem to be a common problem, but as the dev maybe you have more insight about what may be causing it than I smile.gif

Either way, I wish you a happy work!

Edited by cloudropis

Which antivirus do you use? There were some false positives last year, I know. I think it has something to to with registry or memory access which my tool needs to inject sound files and to find the application paths. In most cases it should work to add it to the exceptions. But out of memory shouldn't happen. Could you please tell me a bit more about your system (RAM, used/free RAM, CPU, Windows, ...)? It is basically the same like last year so maybe it has the same issues for you.

Which antivirus do you use? There were some false positives last year, I know. I think it has something to to with registry or memory access which my tool needs to inject sound files and to find the application paths. In most cases it should work to add it to the exceptions. But out of memory shouldn't happen. Could you please tell me a bit more about your system (RAM, used/free RAM, CPU, Windows, ...)? It is basically the same like last year so maybe it has the same issues for you.

Avira. Actually, Avira + MB, but I don't use the second's real-time scan. Scanning the exe beforehand with both didn't give me any problems, but executing it would make Avira go nuts. I know how often some modding tools are false positives so I put it into exceptions, yet it still refused to start and gave me the same error about running out of memory to run the application.

http://imgur.com/6S3Bf7I those are my specs. If there is anything else I cal help you with tell me right away, I really wish to fix this!

Edited by cloudropis

Maybe I have another solution if that error occurs at start. But I can't promise. I will send you a message with a "special" compiled version if I'm done with work.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Maybe I have another solution if that error occurs at start. But I can't promise. I will sent you a message with a "special" compiled version if I'm done with work.

That would be pretty awesome and much appreciated! Does it include 2k16 functionality? I don't play 2k15 anymore, so if it doesn't yet it would be better for the both of us to wait a bit :)

Maybe I have another solution if that error occurs at start. But I can't promise. I will sent you a message with a "special" compiled version if I'm done with work.

That would be pretty awesome and much appreciated! Does it include 2k16 functionality? I don't play 2k15 anymore, so if it doesn't yet it would be better for the both of us to wait a bit :)

Yes, I will send you the 2K16 update when it's ready ;).

Yes, I will send you the 2K16 update when it's ready ;).

Haha, I wasn't sure if by "work" you meant "when my shift is over I'll send you whatever I have ready on my PC right now", so I wanted to clarify. Thanks again man!