WWE 2K16 Servers Discussion Thread (Check Status, Post Problems, Air Grievances, Form Opinions, or Just Chat About the Servers)

cpgoat3

Trying to play online for only the second time (I did one match on day 1 I think).  Well anyways everything I am selecting I get a pop up saying "The Game Session is no longer available,.  You will be returned to the main menu."

But everytime I am just trying to set up a session.  So what gives?  What do I need to do different?

• 1 month later...

Makes you wonder how unstable Battleborn will be when it comes out next month.

I think there is a sense of responsibility that the folks over at 2K should uphold. Either notify the public of maintenance hours through a reliable outlet, or compensate their audience's lost time with free DLC. I don't think people will mind getting their hands on Schwarzenegger for free even for a limited time because let's be honest, who the fuck even bought that? 

Sure, there's a considerable part of this community who have invested their time and efforts into learning the caveats associated with modding, and there is that audience, but let's not kid ourselves when we say the creation system is responsible for the bulk of traffic generated on the boards, and quite frankly this series for that matter. If it were up to me, I would get rid of this notion for "online lobbies" altogether because Shareplay has solved that problem and set up a dedicated server which focuses entirely on the creation system because it's that damn big similar to how 343 Industries ditched couch co-op for Halo 5. Was it a decision which was met with disapproval? Sure. But, at the end, it was a business decision. I can't remember the last time I played this game competitively with someone through a server, if ever, and if I were to, I'd just invite a mate over. They need to prioritize their sections so the funding is appropriately distributed throughout each section. Community Creations would benefit a hell of a lot more if online gaming were removed from the repertoire and Shareplay was encouraged instead because more funding and time would be allocated in it specifically.

Getting back to their layout, instead of simplifying the search method with just a button press, they have set useless menu options which don't need to be there like the existence hotkey shortcut for every wrestler in the game. Chances are, if they're in the game, they're not going to be downloaded and it is just adding to the clutter. Why is there a singular option hidden in the search menu labeled "My Hashtag" when a simple "Search" system would have been better implemented. Then, there is the structure of how the content is organized. We see the same shitty ass Becky Lynch on the "Top Downloads" from Day One, the same shitty ass Sasha Banks there, and a generic Braun Strauman with a texture slapped on it. Are they going to be there for the remainder of this game's life cycle? Does it even fluctuate? Does this give in to the notion that everybody just stopped creating because that certainly isn't the case, or is it an insult to the public who buys these games that "they are the ones who keep upvoting these shitty creations so don't blame us." No, how about you admit that the server system and organization structure of Community Creations completely sucks this year.

It isn't a bright day on these boards when THQ is referenced and given their reputation from the sodomizing they've done to the public over the years with their inherent lies and underhanded scheming through false advertising and a myriad of other malpractices, it's apparent why they went bankrupt. It's best that we shouldn't be reminded of that but we also shouldn't hang on to this false hope of "better days are ahead" with 2K either. However, let's do appreciate on the things that THQ got right during their later years. Now, sure, they were on a GameSpy syndicated server and it took ages to download CAWS on games like WWE '12, but over the years, they somewhat learned from their mistakes, and organized the content in their system to be more efficient for the user. The front page had update statuses which notified of down times and promoted future content. But, the fact of the matter is, those things will not be highlighted because the company's cons outweighed their pros. WWE 2K16 is a far better game than WWE 2K15, and that's obvious, but of the things that WWE 2K15 did right, 2K managed to fuck it up by introducing all these convoluted elements that people rather not have, of them being this micromanaging issue of logo downloads, spontaneous server downtimes, and overall an archaic layout for Community Creation content which isn't reminiscent of "2K16" by any stretch of the imagination. 

Yet they continue to post stuff about raw wwe news etc but don't address server issues at all lol it's silly

wwe12 wasn't on game spy. That ws thq's dedicated servers (1st year) this is why online should only consist of cc I'm sorry  but the vs aspect of it is a drain on time and resources

lol i get that message 8/10 times i get on, but after i go play a match load the opponents then back all way out or go to create a new or edit a caw and then back out and go back to creations section and its back available, so dont really bother me that much 

I wouldn't be half bothered if they explained what was going on, similar to how Blizzard function on Twitter. It's not like you're going to get any updates from the staff on the 2k forums neither, their entire team on that forum is basically a bag of mixed veg. 

lol i saw your post on the 2k forums. and saw how zeo immediatly told you not to discuss moderation LOL. and you weren't even doing that

• Like 1

I wouldn't be half bothered if they explained what was going on, similar to how Blizzard function on Twitter. It's not like you're going to get any updates from the staff on the 2k forums neither, their entire team on that forum is basically a bag of mixed veg. 

lol i saw your post on the 2k forums. and saw how zeo immediatly told you not to discuss moderation LOL. and you weren't even doing that

Aye, I sent a picture of mixed veg in a bag to him in a PM. 

he's so annoying. he doesn't even own a current gen console yet he's the only one really moderating those forums. lol last i read he's still on 2k14 lol

This has been a reoccurring theme since before Christmas and has only been further amplified after the recent patch update. It's been very recent that search results regarding specialized terms or "hashtags" as they are referred to this year, are rendering no results because of the recent patch and I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented this method to control search results so texturized superstars aren't downloaded.

2K could not afford another lawsuit like the one they faced with CM Punk and various other violations of licenses used without permission on their hands so they are looking out for their best interests by deliberately sabotaging every search string to show that there are no results. It's not necessarily an issue on their end when their head publishing department touts headlines of reports which exceed expectations meaning they are in enough authority to allocate enough distribution to their subsidiaries based on exceptional results which they can utilize to run their servers more efficiently. In fact, "the largest contributors to Non-GAAP net revenue from digitally-delivered content were the Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2K, Borderlands and WWE 2K series. Although last on the list, it is still a priority and establishes itself from accumulated digital sales. A report as recent as December stated,

"WWE 2K16 is selling well and is expected to be up from the numbers for WWE 2K15. The improved critical reaction is believed a driving factor in that."

While WWE 2K15 eclipsed WWE 2K14's total sales in just around five months, it also benefitted from 2K14's poor timing of being released just as current generation consoles were being launched despite being an infinitely better title. Basing on what anticipated results indicate, WWE 2K16 is on its way of beating WWE 2K15, but it's unclear by what margin until their figures for their annual fiscal third quarter are reported. There should be no excuse for the servers to be performing as poor as they have been for almost a month now.

Again, the occurrence of this scenario is too perfectly timed to not be blamed on IceMan5533 coincidence or not. A person of his pedigree knew the consequences associated with it after what he did by failing to adapt to current time schemes where patches play a key role in almost all current AAA titles. In fact, who's to say if anything from here on out isn't a ripple effect or a direct result of his actions? I find it strange that there are abnormalities existent only on Community Creations, but is absent in online matchmaking apart from their regular hiccups. 

• Like 1

• Sunny locked this topic

Is anyone else having issues using the search engine in CC? Every time I go to type anything into it and hit search it tells me to try again / change my parameters for search. What the hell?

Yep been like that for days. I heard if you try flicking through the tabs might help but it didn't for me. Still there does not seem to be a lot getting uploaded nowadays. Shame, i'd just adjusted to the game. 

I think there is a sense of responsibility that the folks over at 2K should uphold. Either notify the public of maintenance hours through a reliable outlet, or compensate their audience's lost time with free DLC. I don't think people will mind getting their hands on Schwarzenegger for free even for a limited time because let's be honest, who the fuck even bought that? 

You'd be surprised. Go to download a CAW and can't do so, because they used a move that was included in the Schwarzenegger DLC.