Jay Lethal uploaded! - Adam Page uploaded!

HiPcavallo

Holy shit, these are incredibly spot on.

Thanks <3

Edit: Actually on second thought maybe I'll do his WK 10 attire as well as the one I posted a couple of posts up instead of having two black/blue attires. Don't hold me to that though, I keep changing my mind.. I just know if I'm doing any version of the attire I posted earlier it has to be the black/blue one.

Edited by HiPcavallo
I changed my mind and felt the need to comment saying as much

Dalton Castle is so awesome woah

Thanks <3 By the way I'm glad to see you're back!

Edit: Slight update for anyone who may check this thread. I decided that my face texture sucked, and I couldn't find a decent photo without the beard so after reconstructing the jaw I just decided to completely overhaul the face texture and essentially make my own using a combination of the impact game texture and photos of AJ as a base, and then digipainting over it. Pretty much just need to paint the eyes, fix up the eyebrows, cheeks and forehead (extremely minor edits), and then paint over it to bring out all of the detailing. It's looking pretty good so far so hopefully it'll pay off big time when it's done, should hopefully be able to get it finished by Sunday and get a face preview for AJ Styles up early next week.

Edit: Chances are no one will notice that but I'm not bumping this thread just to say this.. Anyway slight update, AJ's face texture is essentially finished, just want to try a few minor tweaks to see if I cant get away with emphasizing the shadows and highlights a little more but it'll be done before I go to bed. Aside from that I just need to test it out in game and it's good to go, should only need minor tweaks to the opacity on some things if anything though. I'll start working on AJ tomorrow and should hopefully have a face preview up at some stage tomorrow night!

Edited by HiPcavallo
Update on face texture

This sounds promising! Can't wait for the preview!

Thanks <3 You'll be glad to know I've finally added the face preview!

By the way how badly do you guys want the TNA slot (if at all)? fufu's Michael Bennett has kinda made Matt Taven soar to the top of my priority list so I'm debating doing the NJPW/ROH slot for AJ and then doing Taven before I do the TNA slot (in case it makes a difference he'll have his Final Resolution 2007 attire and the black/blue split trunks attire). I'm kinda torn though so I could really go either way.. I still need to draw up all of AJ's attire textures, plus tattoo and body hair, and AJ's Final Resolution 2007 attire is probably going to take me a while to draw up unless I get better ref pics so Taven could be a while otherwise. I'm leaving the decision up to you guys, because otherwise I'll likely just end up flipping a coin D:

The mouth looks way to wide. 

Thanks, that was a complete oversight. I was too fixated on the eyes, nose, and jaw.. Don't think I'd touched the mouth since applying the face texture. Anyway I've fixed it, still a tad too wide but I can't make it any smaller unfortunately :\

I definitely see AJ in this, but I know what you mean about something bugging you, can't quite put my finger on it either! Maybe the eyebrows should be a little more transparent? And I think the facial hair could be throwing it off a little, the shape of the mustache, because the side profile is screaming AJ if you ask me! I like it man! Keep working on it, it's not far off!

I definitely see AJ in this, but I know what you mean about something bugging you, can't quite put my finger on it either! Maybe the eyebrows should be a little more transparent? And I think the facial hair could be throwing it off a little, the shape of the mustache, because the side profile is screaming AJ if you ask me! I like it man! Keep working on it, it's not far off!

I can't get away with making the eyebrows any more transparent unfortunately, originally they were but I ended up trying six different variations of my face texture in game (oddly enough the one that looks less like AJ in photoshop is the one that works best in game, this face texture almost makes him look like he's in drag) all with different opacity's for the eyebrows and this is the best result I could get by far, any more transparent than it is now and it doesn't work. I'll try using a design to try and make half of his right eyebrow a tiny bit more transparent and see if that works, although I thought they looked fine in game when I checked it last night so I'm doubtful it'll really accomplish anything. Yea I agree the facial hair definitely throws it off a bit, to be honest that's the main reason I posted the preview for the TNA slot (well that and I painted the entire area that the beard covers). But like I said I just slapped that on for the sake of previewing it, it was like 5.30am when I posted these so I just wanted to preview it and go to bed (only reason I was still up to fix the mouth is a friend of mine I haven't spoken to in years randomly started talking on skype the second I posted this. He laughed his ass off when he saw I was on a caw site again). Still need to look through all the facial hair options and see if there's a better choice for his beard, if not I'll just add more facial hair to fix up the mustache and then tidy up the shaping. Either way what's previewed won't be staying as is.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, I'm going to try see if I cant get a better result with the eyes and cheeks so hopefully I'll have a face update later. At the very least I'll post an update with the beard fixed at some stage.

I feel you should do taven next because fu is not far off from uploading Bennett and Maria and there's no many good tavens online.

Since you're the only one that responded to that comment I'll definitely do Taven before I do the TNA AJ Styles slot. Might do Adam Cole as well after I've done Taven and both AJ slots, depends on who I feel is more urgent between him and Jay Lethal. Still probably around a week away from getting started on Taven though D:

• Like 1

Extremely minor update, unless there's any suggestions I can use to improve it I'm moving on to the body morph and attires. It's still pissing me off so I might go back to it before I do the second attire, but I'm at a loss as to what more I can do with the morph.. I think the ears and eye bags are the real problem but I can't do anything about either unfortunately.

Anyway since I don't really expect anyone to notice the differences (aside from the beard), here's a before and after shot of the changes I made. Is it better or worse?

s26uyu.png

Extremely minor update, unless there's any suggestions I can use to improve it I'm moving on to the body morph and attires. It's still pissing me off so I might go back to it before I do the second attire, but I'm at a loss as to what more I can do with the morph.. I think the ears and eye bags are the real problem but I can't do anything about either unfortunately.

Anyway since I don't really expect anyone to notice the differences (aside from the beard), here's a before and after shot of the changes I made. Is it better or worse?

s26uyu.png

I feel like Aj is shaping up very nicely. The after in my opinion looks cleaner than the before so I would keep what you did 

spkh.jpg

Based on this ref, i'd say the position of the eyes could be improved. The mouth is pretty much where it should be, other than maybe minor reshaping of the lower lip. I'd give the nostrils a little attention, thinning the left (out left) one in particular. The eyes would do well to be brought closer together and push upwards, and the brows too (but not as much as the eyes). After that just bring the bridge of the nose up a little bit to meet the brows. I think the base is all there, it just needs a few adjustments.

Edited by fufu ÷
  • Like 3

spkh.jpg

Based on this ref, i'd say the position of the eyes could be improved. The mouth is pretty much where it should be, other than maybe minor reshaping of the lower lip. I'd give the nostrils a little attention, thinning the left (out left) one in particular. The eyes would do well to be brought closer together and push upwards, and the brows too (but not as much as the eyes). After that just bring the bridge of the nose up a little bit to meet the brows. I think the base is all there, it just needs a few adjustments.

Thank you so much for this, that was a massive help <3 Anyway I've followed all of those suggestions and posted a face update on the first page. I think it's looking much better now, still pissing me off a bit though D:

Thanks to everyone else as well <3

Edit: For anyone who cares there's one final face, albeit minor update (tweaked eyes nose and jaw slightly). Unless anyone wants to see it now I'll wait until I preview the first attire before posting it (which should be within the next few days. I have his P1 and Bullet Club logo's pretty much ready to go, I'm just finishing drawing up his tattoo now. Still need to do the glove logos, kickpads, kickpad logos, and body hair texture). The morph is pretty much final at this stage, I've been cross examining it in photoshop and I don't think I can get it any closer without fucking over the side profile.. Eyebags and ears are naturally still a problem though :\

Edited by HiPcavallo
Update I guess

Thanks. I probably won't add a hair texture though, I'm not really a fan of using textures to replicate 3D hair plus I think it looks fine in game without one.

Anyway the first attire's almost done. I just need to do the body hair texture and I'm going to replace the tight and kickpad logos with higher res logos (I was kinda playing trial and error, I went with lower res logos just to get a better idea of how many I had to work with. I've been trying to upload the new ones for almost an hour now but for some reason they aren't showing up on CC, it's been doing that on/off for three days now which has slowed me down considerably). The colour discrepancies between the tight logos, belt, and kickpads have been fixed or will be when I can upload the new logos (I tried to make the belt and kickpads look more 3D, it worked well on the belt, not so much on the kickpads but that's what cause the inconsistency anyway), and the body morphing is still a work in progress. But since it's been almost a week since I last posted an update and I'm bored as fuck I thought I'd give you guys a preview anyway..

2gshouo.png

I should have this attire finished over the next couple of days, depending on how long it takes me to make the body hair texture. But since I have all of his attire logo's drawn up the second attire shouldn't take long, so should be uploaded by early next week. I'll update the main post with the finished attires once they're done.

By the way I'm planning on attempting to do this for the second attire

2llf0bd.jpg

However I highly doubt I'll have enough layers (I've worked out where I can salvage some and have a rough idea of how many I'll need but it's going to be close either way). Currently my backup is his Wrestle Kingdom 10 attire, but I kinda want to go with something with a bit of colour instead.. I'm open to suggestions but now is kinda the time to make them (his WWE attire is a definite no, unless he's debuted a new one I like) D:

Edit: I fucking did it, with one layer to spare! Still need to replace all his logos but assuming CC continues to work fine that shouldn't take long, gloves might look a little shitty up close though (I have to do merge two of his logos into one layer sadly, but that's kinda the whole reason I opted for the red attire over the blue one). Should have a full preview up by tomorrow, and have him uploaded within the next couple of days D:

Edited by HiPcavallo
I fucking did it! No longer need a back up option
  • Like 1

AJ Styles update if anyone cares. Finished both attires, not too happy with the belt buckle on the second attire but I played trial and error to the point I no longer gave a fuck, and I really wish I had like four more layers so I could get the black straps on the kickpads and white stripes on the gloves (or even just two more layers so I could do the gloves for the blue version of that attire). But at least those are pretty minor discrepancies, I'm pretty happy with how that attire turned out D:

Anyway he'll be uploaded tomorrow if not tonight. I took the TNA preview down because I'm not doing that slot until after I do Taven, still definitely doing that slot though D:

• Like 1

Will you be uploading AJ non DLC? He looks great btw. Props for originality in going for one of his less done outfits.

Edited by Roman Empire

Will you be uploading AJ non DLC? He looks great btw. Props for originality in going for one of his less done outfits.

Yes I'll be uploading him without DLC, I'll probably be adding DLC after I upload him (just a taunt and signs as far as I know so far, barely did anything on his moveset last night) but if it's anything significant I'll just post the changes in here so I'm not wasting upload slots on multiple AJ's since I'm already doing two slots. And thanks <3

Thanks to 2Hotty as well, would've quoted you by you posted as I was done typing. By the way I noticed last night that you left several reviews for me on CC, thanks for that as well <3

• Like 1

Yes I'll be uploading him without DLC, I'll probably be adding DLC after I upload him (just a taunt and signs as far as I know so far, barely did anything on his moveset last night) but if it's anything significant I'll just post the changes in here so I'm not wasting upload slots on multiple AJ's since I'm already doing two slots. And thanks <3

Thanks to 2Hotty as well, would've quoted you by you posted as I was done typing. By the way I noticed last night that you left several reviews for me on CC, thanks for that as well <3

No prob bro! Keep up the good work! I'm not great with face textures, that's why I stick to attires lol thankfully we have you and many other great creators here that provide us with top notch CAW's!