Game Data not Syncing **PLEASE HELP**

Liu DelGôdõ™

So recently I had to uninstall and reinstall my game and ended up losing everything in the process. That wasn't the problem, the issue in having is that my save on the cloud will not sync with the game. I refuse to start over again because I know that data is still there and I don't want to lose it. Can someone PLEASE help me fix this issue please??? Thanks in advance guys!!!

This seemed to work for user mfeky on the Xbox forums. See if it works for you. 

I did manage to get my saved games synced. What i did i did put network sniffer in between my xbox and router to do packet level capture to have better understanding what might be going on ... what i found is folowing - xbox tries to sync with titlestorage.gtm.xboxlive.com [191.234.241.88] which goes ok, fow few seconds and then during TCP session i realized xbox starts retransmit packets because they are missing ACK packet from my - but i`m sure i sent the ACK as i see it in the capture. Also my console tries to resend same ACK but looks xbox server never gets it ( or ignores it ) because retransmit from their side continues ( can be caused by whatever, but i suspect some security device like intrusion prevention system - IPS/ IDS ). so - when i realized and retried this 100 times and saw same thing occuring again and again ... i did try to throttle down my internet connection and magic happend - all was synced ... my theory is they get ACK too early so sec device drops connection ....

try following : get some load on the router ( maybe try to run download of some large file - like windown 10 ISO :) ) that creates congestion on your end and should do the magic ... doesn`t works 100% of time - so you need to hit "try again" after sync fails ( it has to send couple of MB and if TCP session gets dropped it creates another one for 5 times they just dies ) ... do it 2-3 times and your saves gets synced ... i tried this for every game - and worked in all cases ... previously i had 100% fial ratio ...

I know this is not fix, i know this is workaroud ... but i`m with you - i had this issue for 1 month and i was going mad, so tried to find out myself how i can help myself as XBOX support is worst support i ever had to face.

I had this problem and this method fixed it, might be quicker.

close all apps, sign out and go into offline mode. 

Hard shut off the console

turn online back on and start 2k16, don't sign in until prompted by 2k16.

I ride that several times and it didn't work at all. Wish it would've been that easy

had the same problem other day kept saying sync fail after about 3 or 4 times i switched profiles and still did it so i switched back to other profile and loaded up another game and played it for a few and then loaded 2k16 back up and it synced. it may say that the xbox save data and the cloud data aren't same which one u wanna choose i always choose console save data it usually resets my community creation slots but doenst delete my uploaded ones. 

Sorry guys but it was happening to me and I called Microsoft as it's their issue and the only way to fix this is to delete your account and download it back onto the Xbox or PS4. It worked for me perfectly.

This is a last resort but it could always be a cloud interference with the game save on the console. How about backing up the save data on a USB and reverting your Xbox to original factory settings (provided you don't have digital copies of games that are extensive in size like Battlefield 4 or GTA V installed).

This is a last resort but it could always be a cloud interference with the game save on the console. How about backing up the save data on a USB and reverting your Xbox to original factory settings (provided you don't have digital copies of games that are extensive in size like Battlefield 4 or GTA V installed).

the only save data I have is what's on the cloud and I've reverted it back to the factory settings and no luck whatsoever 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Hey you guys hows it going, just want you to know that I`m having this same right now with WWE 2K18 on my Xbox. Keeps saying "Couldn't sync data with cloud" And I`ve tried everything so far, Restart, Reset, Pressed "Delete from Console" but still same result. Now my data is still there on the Xbox Live cloiud and I don`t want to lose that data forever if that`s an option. My data size is 381.4 MB. Could that have been an issue?? Can anyone please help on this matter.?? Liu DelGôdõ did you slove your isse with 2K16??
Edited by Ayomide100

On 6/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, Ayomide100 said:
  • Hey you guys hows it going, just want you to know that I`m having this same right now with WWE 2K18 on my Xbox. Keeps saying "Couldn't sync data with cloud" And I`ve tried everything so far, Restart, Reset, Pressed "Delete from Console" but still same result. Now my data is still there on the Xbox Live cloiud and I don`t want to lose that data forever if that`s an option. My data size is 381.4 MB. Could that have been an issue?? Can anyone please help on this matter.?? Liu DelGôdõ did you slove your isse with 2K16??

No unfortunately I did not