Using Added Custom Wrestlers in Title Matches

LordJustice17

Not sure if this has already been discovered, or if a better way already exists, but I've discovered a way to use added superstars in Title Matches. 

By repeatedly hitting X (or whatever button or key this is for your setup) to select a random superstar I noticed that eventually it will choose an added superstar even though you cannot access them through the ordinary means.

It's annoying and often takes forever but it eventually works. I managed to get Goldberg into a match for the WCW title this way.

I also haven't gotten a whole lot of testing done yet, but I believe if you land on another added superstar or AJ Lee, you should be able to press down and scroll through every superstar as you would in the Divas menu using the AJ Lee glitch.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has already been discovered, or if a better way already exists, but I've discovered a way to use added superstars in Title Matches. 

By repeatedly hitting X (or whatever button or key this is for your setup) to select a random superstar I noticed that eventually it will choose an added superstar even though you cannot access them through the ordinary means.

It's annoying and often takes forever but it eventually works. I managed to get Goldberg into a match for the WCW title this way.

I also haven't gotten a whole lot of testing done yet, but I believe if you land on another added superstar or AJ Lee, you should be able to press down and scroll through every superstar as you would in the Divas menu using the AJ Lee glitch.

If the second part of that statement hold true then it would become easier the more custom superstars that you have.  As someone with like 40 right now I hope that's the case.

Thanks for the info. Does this apply to universe mode as well? I haven't added any community dlc wrestlers yet, but am planning to do so soon since my caw slots are almost all full now.

My Universe is booking my added Wrestlers.... even managers to matches... **this  I don't like, I intended to use the managers as managers only**

but I guess you all know that isn't possible in this game, hopefully in the near future, a new version will "understand" the difference between a manager and a Wrestler....

As for the title matches, my added Wrestlers have not been involved in title matches yet.

I tested this last night and it doesn't work. When it lands on an added comm DLC player it highlights Neville and when I try and scroll up and down it scrolls to whatever wrestler is adjecent to Neville.

I tested this last night and it doesn't work. When it lands on an added comm DLC player it highlights Neville and when I try and scroll up and down it scrolls to whatever wrestler is adjecent to Neville.

Yes I think you are correct. I briefly tested it further and I think it will only let you scroll up and down if you land on AJ. You can still select a comm dlc character if you land on them however, just can't scroll to a different one.

Speaking theoretically, if we were able to find the algorithm that randomizes selection and alter it to always land on AJ, or at least a character whose name starts with A, we would have a perfect workaround. Not sure if this algorithm would be contained in any alterable code though.

Yes I think you are correct. I briefly tested it further and I think it will only let you scroll up and down if you land on AJ. You can still select a comm dlc character if you land on them however, just can't scroll to a different one.

Speaking theoretically, if we were able to find the algorithm that randomizes selection and alter it to always land on AJ, or at least a character whose name starts with A, we would have a perfect workaround. Not sure if this algorithm would be contained in any alterable code though.

Hm, Since it lands on Neville, wouldn't it be possible to change his gender to female to get the menu to pop up? And then perhaps populate one of the empty slots with a copy of Neville's .pac file and use that as the male version? Or just do this the same with Cena instead, although that might mess up 2k Showcase...

Edit: Nevermind, if Neville is female it won't help at all.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Does it work if it does land on the other diva's if they've also been turned to male? like landing on a male nikki or something?

I don't think so because you can only scroll up and down if you land on aj. I had all my divas set to male on an old save and if I side scrolled away from AJ I couldn't scroll up and down on the other ones, even if I scrolled back over to AJ. I had to back out and reselect the Divas tab.

Does it work if it does land on the other diva's if they've also been turned to male? like landing on a male nikki or something?

I don't think so because you can only scroll up and down if you land on aj. I had all my divas set to male on an old save and if I side scrolled away from AJ I couldn't scroll up and down on the other ones, even if I scrolled back over to AJ. I had to back out and reselect the Divas tab.

I mean if you land on them while hitting the random button on the superstar screen

I mean if you land on them while hitting the random button on the superstar screen

That's what I thought you meant but I still don't think it'll work. The AJ Lee glitch also has DLC characters you habe to scroll through in addition to your added wrestlers, but when you hit X and it selects someone like DDP, it take you through the DLC select screen, not the AJ Lee glitch one. I assume the same would be for the other Divas.

Hm. I wonder if it would be possible to create a trainer that takes you to the Divas selection menu on keystroke when you're on the Superstars selection menu. Or just do it automatically.

Hm. I wonder if it would be possible to create a trainer that takes you to the Divas selection menu on keystroke when you're on the Superstars selection menu. Or just do it automatically.

changing the default "Superstar" to AJ Lee might be cool.