So Ireland had a big day today

DrJoeyMagnum

ruth2-630x419.jpg

Ireland has voted in favour of same-sex marriage after a historic referendum, it has been confirmed.

A total of 1,201,607 voters backed the reform in the countrywide vote on Friday, which worked out to 62.07% in favour.

Over 1.9 million of the Irish Republic's 3.2 million-strong electorate turned out to cast their votes - a turnout of more than 60%.

Only one out of the 42 constituencies voted 'no', with a majority of voters in all the others backing the change to the country's constitution.

The strongest support was in Dublin where the number voting 'yes' went over 70% in most districts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Pete®

• Aero

• BrotchMrToast

• DrJoeyMagnum

62% is pretty decent compared to other countries.

Now, we need to get that multiple wives edict passed so I can join in with Pete and Joey. That's the only way my toes are getting cleaned.

SUPoI9S.jpg

Enough to win the vote. It still means that 38% of the people are dickheads.

oh look cause they disagree with you they're dickheads
That's the stupidest logic I have ever seen.

FYI, they're not dickheads because they disagree with me, they're dickheads because they hate a big part of their population just for the sheer fact that they're sexually interested in people of the same sex. That sounds pretty dicky to me, but idk.

The majority of those people are old old people, their views will never be changed as they don't understand the whole gay scene and were raised to believe it is the work of the devil. That doesn't make them dickheads. Your issue really is with a much smaller group of homophobes!

People who don't agree with same sex relationships are neither dick heads or homophobes, I don't agree with it like joey does, but I don't go out of my way to show my disgust for it.

An IRRATIONAL fear yes! And people are like that! Some just disagree with homosexuality this is true, but it makes others physically ill ... To me that's part of a phobia! Ergo some people are homophobic whether you like the word or not