Harry Shearer fired/quits the simpsons

DrJoeyMagnum

simpsons_harry-shearer2-585x414.jpg

from James L. Brooks' lawyer: "show will go on, Harry will not be part of it, wish him the best.". (1/2)

— Harry Shearer (@theharryshearer)

May 14, 2015

This because I wanted what we've always had: the freedom to do other work. Of course, I wish him the very best. (2/2)

— Harry Shearer (@theharryshearer)

May 14, 2015

It's big, but not as huge as a Bart, a Homer, or a Lisa. All those characters can be replaced with a recast and they'd save money doing so as Shearer was on a $7,500,000 salary. Only four of the characters are regulars, and the rest occasional. FOX can pay $500,000 a year to a single voice actor of a regular character or $10,000 per day for an occasional character borrowing multiple voice actors and still save millions. People grew up on The Simpsons. It'll be a bigger challenge not to find everybody who can't nail the characters.

It's big, but not as huge as a Bart, a Homer, or a Lisa. All those characters can be replaced with a recast and they'd save money doing so as Shearer was on a $7,500,000 salary. Only four of the characters are regulars, and the rest occasional. FOX can pay $500,000 a year to a single voice actor of a regular character or $10,000 per day for an occasional character borrowing multiple voice actors and still save millions. People grew up on The Simpsons. It'll be a bigger challenge not to find everybody who can't nail the characters.

Aye cheers reddit.

Flanders and Mr. Burns. There goes 2 of everyone's favorite annoying characters.

i read that they're recasting

Flanders and Mr. Burns. There goes 2 of everyone's favorite annoying characters.

Yh well it ain't the same why bring in done random dude to play Harry shearers characters voices it's bullshit in my opinion

Yh well it ain't the same why bring in done random dude to play Harry shearers characters voices it's bullshit in my opinion

well i haven't watched the simpsons in decades lol i think the last season i watched was maybe season 8

Happens in cartoons from time to time... I'd they sound the same, you'll not even fucking notice

Happens in cartoons from time to time... I'd they sound the same, you'll not even fucking notice

yeah i know when they recast Gia in Captain planet (i know it was a cheesey as hell cartoon to watch but had nothing else to do at 6am in the morning) i still thought it was Whoopi Goldberg