need a bit of help from my PC Tekkies External Hard drive issue

the King Lives

Must be fake Arabs if they're selling Oriental shit.

Petey, you must be a camel jocking, sheep herding, goat piss drinking, belly dancer tipping, gas station owning, yak horn pulling, MC Panjabi listening, random Facebook befriending, ex-wife beheading, almond pista eating, Persian club wielding, sewer breath having, snack bar yelling timecard punching, layered cologne spraying, no tax doing, shalwar wearing, coal snorting, hashish smoking, date farming, scorpion charming, curry sipping, shit smelling, cousin fucking, K2 climbing, AK shooting, talisman snatching, self-sacrificing... sand nigger to fufu then!

Petey, you must be a camel jocking, sheep herding, goat piss drinking, belly dancer tipping, gas station owning, yak horn pulling, MC Panjabi listening, random Facebook befriending, ex-wife beheading, almond pista eating, Persian club wielding, sewer breath having, snack bar yelling timecard punching, layered cologne spraying, no tax doing, shalwar wearing, coal snorting, hashish smoking, date farming, scorpion charming, curry sipping, shit smelling, cousin fucking, K2 climbing, AK shooting, talisman snatching, self-sacrificing... sand ****** to fufu then!

hey that's our word

I meant carpet bagging raghead. But, it would've been lost in translation.

That's only if I'd said wife beater. Clearly, multiple wives aren't out of the ordinary in this case.

Must be fake Arabs if they're selling Oriental shit.

Where he's from, any immigrant who slightly resembles an arab is called an arab!
Here's an example, sunny...

Arab

Turkish-Man-574237.jpg

Arab

Javid-Iqbal101.jpg

Arab

blog-ah-pek.jpg

fufu:s delivery man

unibrow1.jpg

"3 pound boss, niiiice"

I normally get fried chicken, chinese chicken, prawns and tuna on my pizza. I get it from the local arab run kebabbery and it's pretty sikh. 12 inch pizza, fries and a drink for £3, yes boss, E-Z-$$$

That sounds fucking horrible.

Too cultured for you?

"Last 3 pages have been a really good read, I laughed a bit and with perfection. 7.8/10" - IGN

That's IGN in a nutshell these days innit? With their new management team and all. Bullocks.

blog-ah-pek.jpg

That's debatable. This one looks Mongolian, but he could also live in the mountains so it could go either way. The URL said "Chinadailyshow" so I'd go with the latter. It could also be a bearded lady which can summon dragons so fufsikins can maybe relate a bit. No need for the Arabian distinction here. We'll categorize it "unisex".

unibrow1.jpg

Can't fool me here Peter ya' yellow-bellied bastard. That's definitely one of Christopher Walken's countless disguises.

walken2.jpg

"Last 3 pages have been a really good read, I laughed a bit and with perfection. 7.8/10" - IGN

you forgot about IGN First

I love frozen pizzas but I do like papa johns, Pizza Hut, dominos

All a fucking rip off :lol

i'd rather have a NY Style Pizza or a CHI-Style pizza over dom, PJ's, PH and even Lil' C's althought Lil C's is my favorite out of all those chains.  That and CiCi's Pizza

Okay so i have this 1TB Toshiba connect External hard drive. It was working fine till about 3 months ago i used it to transfer WWE2K14 and WWE13 to my pc to do some file dissecting. well, after i was done, i formatted the whole thing, thus deleting the 32 GB partition the 360 put on it.

Now, it's acting slow as hell (it's a usb 3.0 drive) it's not recognized as usb 3.0 when plugged into said port, and when i put videos in there, they freeze up, i get all types of distortedness and i know the videos are good. they're mostly 90s tv shows and some of my WWE2K14 and WWE13 captures from last year.  So, I'm at this point running CHKDSK and it shows the following

2utjour.png

now from that image it's saying i should have a total of 972 GB/1TB but in the This PC window and disk management it's only showing it as having a capacity of 932 GB.

it also says about 40 GB's is taken up in 7 files, i am at a loss here. I've had hard drive problems before but they were pretty easy solutions to fix them. Maybe i'm overlooking something though i really don't think so.  Monday i think i'll just RMA it back to toshiba. They've offered a 56$ coupon so i just wanna get it up and running again.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can come up to a solution.  Maybe

As a computer technician you should know that a 1TB harddrive is 1,000,000,000,000 bytes which when converted to kb is not 1,000,000,000 because a kilobyte is 1,024 bytes not 1,000 bytes. 

When in Windows it shows the amount in GB which works out to 931.32GB even the most junior of computer technicians should know this, let alone someone with a degree in Computer Science.

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 976562500KB

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 953674.3MB

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 931.32GB

Edited by Red Rooster

Okay so i have this 1TB Toshiba connect External hard drive. It was working fine till about 3 months ago i used it to transfer WWE2K14 and WWE13 to my pc to do some file dissecting. well, after i was done, i formatted the whole thing, thus deleting the 32 GB partition the 360 put on it.

Now, it's acting slow as hell (it's a usb 3.0 drive) it's not recognized as usb 3.0 when plugged into said port, and when i put videos in there, they freeze up, i get all types of distortedness and i know the videos are good. they're mostly 90s tv shows and some of my WWE2K14 and WWE13 captures from last year. So, I'm at this point running CHKDSK and it shows the following

2utjour.png

now from that image it's saying i should have a total of 972 GB/1TB but in the This PC window and disk management it's only showing it as having a capacity of 932 GB.

it also says about 40 GB's is taken up in 7 files, i am at a loss here. I've had hard drive problems before but they were pretty easy solutions to fix them. Maybe i'm overlooking something though i really don't think so. Monday i think i'll just RMA it back to toshiba. They've offered a 56$ coupon so i just wanna get it up and running again.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can come up to a solution. Maybe

As a computer technician you should know that a 1TB harddrive is 1,000,000,000,000 bytes which when converted to kb is not 1,000,000,000 because a kilobyte is 1,024 bytes not 1,000 bytes.

When in Windows it shows the amount in GB which works out to 931.32GB even the most junior of computer technicians should know this, let alone someone with a degree in Computer Science.

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 976562500KB

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 953674.3MB

1,000,000,000,000bytes = 931.32GB

I made the thread at 3am in the morning when I created it. Regardless about 30 gigs is missing. It should have been reading 962 gb and not 932. That's the problem. I know this because I remember what it was before i created the 360 partition

Now, it's acting slow as hell (it's a usb 3.0 drive) it's not recognized as usb 3.0 when plugged into said port, and when i put videos in there, they freeze up, i get all types of distortedness and i know the videos are good. they're mostly 90s tv shows and some of my WWE2K14 and WWE13 captures from last year. So, I'm at this point running CHKDSK and it shows the following

2utjour.png

it also says about 40 GB's is taken up in 7 files, i am at a loss here. I've had hard drive problems before but they were pretty easy solutions to fix them. Maybe i'm overlooking something though i really don't think so. Monday i think i'll just RMA it back to toshiba. They've offered a 56$ coupon so i just wanna get it up and running again.

I made the thread at 3am in the morning when I created it. Regardless about 30 gigs is missing. It should have been reading 962 gb and not 932. That's the problem. I know this because I remember what it was before i created the 360 partition

A 1TB harddrive will never say it is 962GB because it is not. You are wrong, you should learn to admit it.

Edited by Red Rooster

2utjour.png

A 1TB harddrive will never say it is 962GB because it is not. You are wrong, you should learn to admit it.

i have photos of when it said 962. you're not winning this argument. saying that a 1tb drive will hold up 68 Gigs of space just to hold it up is preposterous. You're reaching but i left this entire thing alone along time ago, it was sent in i got a certificate, i got a new one and this one even says i have 971 GB Free. and no i'm not talking about by what Command Prompt is saying it's what it says in the Windows Explorer"This PC" area. Mind you i'm on windows 8 and not windows 7

Show the pics, its not possible so I would be impressed to see this magic 1TB harddrive.

Did you even read what I wrote, the hard drive isnt "holding up 68 Gigs of space". A 1TB harddrive is not 1000GB it never was and it never will be.

There is no fucking way you have a Computer Science degree.

Edited by Red Rooster

Rooster you're not going to win with Jeff. He's like the black knight from Monty Python, you'll call him out and of course he's always "right"

Rooster you're not going to win with Jeff. He's like the black knight from Monty Python, you'll call him out and of course he's always "right"

Yeah Im starting to realise that, I dont know why I bothered trying to educate him.

Worst of all, after reading reds post, I thought "ffs that's right enough" lol. Seems odd that Toshiba would replace something for not being broken lol

Really, we're actually telling him the problem? Although, to be perfectly fair, some manufacturers will actually increase to capacity to make it closer to the 1TB quoted size.

Worst of all, after reading reds post, I thought "ffs that's right enough" lol. Seems odd that Toshiba would replace something for not being broken lol

Actually it was broken. There were bad sectors in the hard drive. It stopped being detected as a 3.0 USB drive and that was how I started losing data. And I don't remember ever saying that 1000 bytes was a tb I'm not stupid and yes I do have a cs degree. Graduated from university of Maryland if u must know and was at decry for 18 months. But besides that what's done is done but you guys are the ones that constantly keep replying to this thread when I repeatedly requested that it be closed.

Really, we're actually telling him the problem? Although, to be perfectly fair, some manufacturers will actually increase to capacity to make it closer to the 1TB quoted size.

Like I said it was 971 when I got it. Made a 30 gb fat partition for the 360. That leaves 941 the last time I had it it was saying 931. But like I said whatever