Tutorial - Run the game with no arc files

UndertakerWLF

Heres the guide on how you edit your Eboot file to remove the arc entry so you can run your game without arcs or having to update them.

First download this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/c747p73mcchzpku/TrueAncestor_SELF_Resigner_v1.91.zip

IMPORTANT! Make a backup of your arcs and existing Eboot.bin, I will not be held responsible for any screwups you do to your game because you either think you know it all or are to lazy to back them up.

1. Create a folder called Trueancestor and extract Trueancestor into it
2. Copy your Encrypted Eboot into the the folder
3. Launch Trueancestor and select option 1, this will decrypt the Eboot for you and create a seperate .ELF file and keep the app open.
4. Open the .ELF file and search for the word PLISTPS3, the first entry that is shown should be the arc files.
5. Remove this entry by overwriting with 00'S

arc%20entry%20final_zpsavmlr0g9.png

6. save the .ELF file
7. Back to Trueancestor select option D, then option y and finally option 2. This will Encrypt your .ELF file and turn it back into an Eboot.bin file.
8. Place your Eboot back on the PS3, depending on how you have your backups play you may have an Eboot in both the Game and Games folder on the PS3 HDD, you must replace all instances of the Eboot.

*There are additional arc entrys for DLC, however do not remove these as this will break your DLC, I have not found a way around the DLC arcs as of yet.

*Also at the moment I cannot add anything to the Eboot as I think it is has a checksum which I am not able to figure out yet, if you add anything to the Eboot the game will crash.

Now the way this method works is that the game scans for the original game files but will also load anything additional.

So for example I have ch100 which is the Rock, and I want to add additional attires which will make the pac larger than the original.

Keep the original game file in place but rename the modified pac to 100.pac and add it into your games folders, also update the def file by removing the ch infront of ch100.pac so it reads 100.pac.

If you have a pac from another game you want to add and it is the same name as the one in the current game you will need to rename it.

For example DLC_HD.pac alreasy exists so rename your additional pac file DLC_HD_NEW.pac or to whatever convention works for you, also add the entry at the end of the def file.

I'm still studying the Eboot and what else it can do, so by all means if you find anything useful please post it!

Okay so enough with the Raiders puzzles, this past couple of weeks i have been looking into other ways to mod the game itself, something more out of the box and unconventional and I found it within the PS3's Eboot.bin file.

Currently only PS3 uses can do this unless you Xbox guys can decrypt your XEX file.

I have been able to alter the Eboot.bin file in a while that does not call for the arc files to be loaded on boot of the game nor does the game check for file sizes.

The Eboot.bin file for those who are not aware is the same as a .exe on your standard windows machines and contains what loads and in what order

So what does it mean?

It means that you no longer have to update the arcs, and will hopefully allow you to add more additional content without being restricted by arc space.

So far I've tested this with WWE13 and managed to get the below working

Mutiple Attires

Adding DLC

Adding render pac files from previous games.

Adding trons

Adding pac files with larger file sizes

Whats left to test

Add entrance/winning animations

Add evtmov files

Add moves from previous games

Add audio from previous games

The last two on that list are longshots bt only time will tell

All of this should be able to work in 2K14 and above, going through the Eboot it contains the bone references for the models and the shaders that are also used, so this may help in understanding how to get older models to work.

There is a ton of info in the eboot and I think I have only scratched the surface of it.

I'll leave this puzzle upto you guys to solve :p and is mainly for the PS3 guys for now...

"No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before."

indiana-jones-ark-of-the-covenant_zps2bp

Edited by UndertakerWLF
  • Like 2

I'm not a ps3 guy. I just like puzzles.

That's a quote from Raiders of the Lost arc.

A few days ago. I noticed you had a status that said "when is an arc not an arc?"

So. It has something to do with arc files. I got that far. Lol.

And just as I was thinking of going back to ps3 modding for a bit :) this is exciting news dude :) the last two on that list would be super-Indy amazing but as you say, long shots.

Edited by LordBarker

wow, this takes modding to a whole new level, would be great if we could add the wwe2k15 universe mode to wwe'13/wwe2k14. It could also save alot hdd space if you only need one game folder.

There is a psn version of wwe2k15, maybe this is a good base for future modding (if we find the psn link^^). There is so much potential in this :)

@Lord Barker , yes they are longshots, I will need to examine the files a little more closely to see how they work and interact with the game itself.

@Kim , back in the days of SVR2011 I did in fact manage to repoint the data from the Games folder to the Game folder, but cannot remember how I did it...

If anyone can hit me up with a PSN link for 2K15 I will download and test.

I have done small tutorial for those wanting to try this out, but please back up your Eboot and arcs before you do anything.

Edited by UndertakerWLF

Interesting stuff man, look forward to giving this a try :) Thanks dude, very useful. I assume limitations for renders still exist i.e. certain renders will still need to be in either DXT1 or adjusted in an hexeditor to be injected if they are too large? I also wonder how this affects winning animations, can we now just inject any animations anywhere or does it still require that the animations be the same size? Essentially meaning  the options we have are still either replace winnings with pacs that are smaller and fill with zeros or use Rooster's adding method. Hope those queries are clear old bean!  

Edited by LordBarker

I've not tried the renders yet in that respect, try just injecting it and see what happens, failing that do it manually using a hex editor.

Regarding winning animations, in theory because the eboot has no arc file it should pick up the altered winning pac with no issues regarding its size.

hope this helps.