Discovery: Wrestler Select screen brand logo location

El Guapo

Evening all,

this might well be something that only interests me, but thought I'd share my findings as I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere.

If you want to have your own brand logos on the wrestler select screen you want to replace the ones in MnLayHD.pac / CHSM / 1B59

The 1B59 file was zlib compressed and when I extracted it. I didn't re-compress it again, rather updated (for non wrestler) the arc entry for the MnLayHD

545408B220051122121208838.png

545408B220051122135335328.png

...there was another useful image I found in the CHSM :

545408B220051122120351806.png

Bonus points to anyone who noticed that the Warrior no longer has "Downloaded Content" written across his chest!

Cut out the contents of the alpha layer of a file called DLCtex01.dds to make the annoying text transparent

*** Forgot to mention, this won't change the logos in My WWE, so you'll have to remember which logo you've replaced with which when assigning brands

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1
  • Yes! 1

Great work dude! On a different note - do you have Finkel audio for that Vader on your select screen? Or have you turned announcements off?

Awesome work getting that ridiculous 'Downloadable Content' off too :)

Edited by LordBarker

That's awesome man

Any special setting needed when creating new brand logos?

All I did was use the original dds file as the template and paste my new image over the top -- don't forget to create a new alpha layer for your image -- and save it as DXT5 with no mip maps.

Basically, if Red and Bugsy inspired you to play around with matchup screens with their arenas (that's how I started digging around with this stuff) the process is identical - that's why I didn't bother to write a full tutorial

Great work dude! On a different note - do you have Finkel audio for that Vader on your select screen? Or have you turned announcements off?

Awesome work getting that ridiculous 'Downloadable Content' off too :)

Yeah, I never really got why the game felt the need to constantly advertise that a wrestler has been downloaded. Seriously I get it, the guy is in THE DOWNLOADED SUPERSTARS section !!!

I mute all the audio because the commentary is already bad enough without them getting everyone's name wrong.

Also, surely rather than The Fink you want Gary Capetta announcing "BIG...VAN...VAYYYY-DUHHHH"  ?

Ok bro , i have done the next things but no luck

Openend MnlayHd.pac (ctrl+R) and extract CHSM

Opened CHSM (ctrl+3) and uncompress 1B59

Opened uncompressed 1B59 (ctrl+T) and extracted brandlogo_wcw

Injected brandlogo_wcw into brandlogo_FA slot

Injected 1B59 into CHSM

Injected CHSM intoMnlayHD

Update arc for non wrestler.

When i start the game i still have the FA icon instead of WCW icon

Anyone can tell me which mistake i am making?

Thanks

Edited by motishow

Ok bro , i have done the next things but no luck

Openend MnlayHd.pac (ctrl+R) and extract CHSM

Opened CHSM (ctrl+3) and uncompress 1B59

Opened uncompressed 1B59 (ctrl+T) and extracted brandlogo_wcw

Injected brandlogo_wcw into brandlogo_FA slot

Injected 1B59 into CHSM

Injected CHSM intoMnlayHD

Update arc for non wrestler.

When i start the game i still have the FA icon instead of WCW icon

Anyone can tell me which mistake i am making?

Thanks

That's pretty much exactly what I did - are you definitely looking for your new logo on the wrestler select screen? This won't change anything in My WWE or Universe mode

Yes bro i am looking at the main selection screen and nothing changed. i will do again

In other way , could you upload the  modded DLCtex01.dds and the wcw icon if you have? thanks in advance? thanks in advance

Edited by motishow

Always pleased to be able to offer something back to our little community.

For the perfectionists out there, if you want to change the logos found in the Wrestler Select sections of Universe mode (i.e. only when you edit a match-up of choose a guy for a run in) they can be found in MnLayHD.pac / CHS1 / 1B59

• Like 1

Just got rid of the 'downloadable content' nonsense - nice one :)

Glad it worked for you mate - I'm going to keep poking around in the MnLayHD file and see if I can find anything else interesting...