PS3 editing

Cleveland Rock

I have a modded PS3 and there are a few things I want to do. I mostly want to modify the gender of my CAWs and import custom logos. Something like this tool or this tool would be absolutely amazing (especially with awesome features like unlocking hidden characters), but nothing is available for the US PS3 version of the game, and K.G 971's tools don't seem to work for me for some reason. While I'd obviously prefer a handy tool like those, I'm fine with a little hex editing… but I have no idea what I'm editing.

It seems like a lot of tools and tutorials out there automatically assume you have the Xbox 360 version, for some reason. Is there any hope for me?

Edit: Is this something that can be done in X-Packer?

Edited by Cleveland Rock

I have a modded PS3 and there are a few things I want to do. I mostly want to modify the gender of my CAWs and import custom logos. Something like this tool or this tool would be absolutely amazing (especially with awesome features like unlocking hidden characters), but nothing is available for the US PS3 version of the game, and K.G 971's tools don't seem to work for me for some reason. While I'd obviously prefer a handy tool like those, I'm fine with a little hex editing… but I have no idea what I'm editing.

It seems like a lot of tools and tutorials out there automatically assume you have the Xbox 360 version, for some reason. Is there any hope for me?

cMEuJZ.gif

cMEuJZ.gif

You think I didn't do that? I had to post this thread because I just couldn't find any relevant information after so much aggravating searching. And this page has literally no information about what X-Packer 10 does, and it doesn't even mention 2K14 — only 2K15. I'm not paying $14 for something if I have no idea what it does. The information I need is so hard to find.

haha looks like Taker has joined the.. "I'm gonna punch somebody in the face next time they ask for a Tutorial" Club. welcome aboard lol 

@Cleveland Rock - The problem with most people is that they don't actually know how to use a search engine. It's now a fact that more people use Google out of either boredom or just sheer laziness. Try typing a sentence or keywords into google followed by 'smacktalks' or 'modding' or something. It will pick up on conversations and posts that people have made you wouldn't have otherwise known about. It really works

Edited by Titan83
  • Like 1

When searching for how to import custom logos, all I can find is kim666 redirecting everyone to I would like to reiterate that my PS3 is jailbroken and K.G 971's tools do not work on my computer. I have X-Packer 10 and I have no idea what to do with my LOGOS.DAT file, SAVE.DAT file, or any other file. Also, when searching for how to edit CAS files and save files in X-Packer, I only find information regarding Xbox 360 files.

I'm going to scream.

Edited by Cleveland Rock

Let's everybody just chill for a moment. Dude's clearly looking into what he can--at least his last post definitely seems to say so.

I'm on the 360 side, so I can't say I can be of too much help here. However, from what I've seen mentioned, the PS3 save files were really hard to figure out back with 2K14. I'd imagine the same is the case with 2K15. I believe that was the reason why they're not supported in X-Packer (at least I don't believe they are). That program as a whole has always been primarily intended for modding the actual game files (i.e. in-game roster, arenas, etc.)--not the save files (CAWs and the like). As for KG's program, I recall seeing a thread around here recently where it was being discussed. Some had success with it, others not so much from what I remember. I wish I could point you in the direction of it, but I can't seem to find it after a quick look around and don't recall much else. Though, I'm not even sure if there was a solution. I know what I'm saying isn't exactly much help in terms of what you're looking for--just trying to share what I know.

X-Packer 10 supports the decompressed ps3 save, you need "webman plugin", connect to your ps3 via ftp while the game is running, navigate to "/dev_hdd1" and download the SAVE.DAT. You can open this save file in X-Packer 10.

K.G.'s tool is the easiest way to get textures to your ps3, another way would be this http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/forum/thread-13884.html

X-Packer 10 supports the decompressed ps3 save, you need "webman plugin", connect to your ps3 via ftp while the game is running, navigate to "/dev_hdd1" and download the SAVE.DAT. You can open this save file in X-Packer 10.

K.G.'s tool is the easiest way to get textures to your ps3, another way would be this http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/forum/thread-13884.html

Or only copy it to a usb Stick via the Multiman File Manager. ;) Thats how i copied my save game, and the game doesnt need to run....

Edited by Andy

Or only copy it to a usb Stick via the Multiman File Manager. ;) Thats how i copied my save game, and the game doesnt need to run....

You can only access the compressed save with Multiman and we don't know how to decompress it. But in "/dev_hdd1" is the uncompressed save, you can open this save in X-Packer 10. The compressed save is not supported in X-Packer.

Awesome! Thanks for deciding to be helpful. With this new information about uncompressed PS3 saves, I tried installing the community DLC pack. My only problem was that damn plistPS3.arc file.