The Jeff's Domain Opinion: WWE Games: The Good, Bad, and Ugly UPDA

the King Lives

WWE Games The Good, Bad, the Ugly. What We need from The Developers and the Community:

I'm attempting to restart a blog that I only do when I have no other choice.  Since I am not allowed to participate in the WWEGames Feedback Community project as I was banned during the Jared administration (I'll save all that for another time) I have decided to create a topic that warrants attention from the Game Developers be it 2K, Yukes, Visual Concepts I don't care whoever is running the show they need to read this.

Couple of things before we start: Marcus, I know you are only a middle man and I can come off as a little aggressive and headstrong at times.  This isn't one of those times.  I really want 2k16 and beyond to be the best it can be. With that said, I know that the suggestions I have are not just me speaking for myself but others that cannot or will not post suggestions because they think they will be ridiculed or criticized about their ideas.  I've broken this into 8 points. Gameplay, Online, AI, Match Types, Audio, Creations, Universe, and My Career

Gameplay:

The gameplay as it is has a great foundation, it only lacks a few things that needs to be improved upon. Bring back the match pacing settings from WWE13/WWE2K14. They were a welcome addition and never should have been removed (not added in) When a superstar is on the top rope, the Stamina should still recharge while they are up there.  This way they can be allowed to hit their finisher without sacraficing stamina after climbing the top rope.  Moves themselves: We need the 4 Grappling positions back. I understand what you did with the non-grappling animations and all but these really need to be added back.  I really don't know what 2K was thinking when they removed them to try and make stuff easier. It limits gameplay alot not to mention the AI normally does the same moves over and over again.  Submissions. Regular submissions should be weardowns and should never cause a tapout unless the entire body is red.  This becomes a cheap tactic for the AI when it can't seem to win any other way. It's real cheap and totally unrealistic. I think the stamina and weight detection system is great and I would love to see that improved.

Royal Rumbles: I think we should have some way to incorporate Kofi Kingston's Elimination escape in the game even if it has to be some type of OMG move. Also switch the Camera Angle back to how it was in WWE12 where we can see the entrants coming down the ramp and not the static side angle that was introduced in WWE13. It's boring, unrealistic and that definitely doesn't happen in real life. Also, the crowd should be counting down with the count down itself.

Elimination Chamber match: it's great but missing one ingredient it's never had.  ENTRANCES: It can be like how the HIAC Match is where it shows the pods and ring and all but the Chamber cage is hovering over the ring.

Tag team finishers, we need more ways to do these. they need to be a bit more spontaneous and fluid.

Bring back the match creator feature since i can't have a first blood cage match anymore.

Speaking of Steel Cage Matches, Allow for pin and give up.. heck Justin Roberts himself says you can win via pin, submission or escaping but you can only escape.

Hell In A Cell: Brng back the door, get rid of the stupid eye gouge and back rake animations, that DOES NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE: If this is a simulation, you are doing a poor job in that aspect. 

Bring back backstage brawls but the way they used to be, don't limit moves, put the weapon wheel in every match.

I think that is it for gameplay, now on to AI.

AI Programming:

The AI has been a problem for years.  It mainly focuses on reversals.  For years we've been told that the AI is smarter: it's not.  Tag team matches are an example of this where the AI Parners won't stop pins for breaking up.  AI shouldn't always kick out at 1 just cause they aren't damaged that badly.  The ref needs to be a bit more attentive when going to count pins.  Sometimes he'll just sit there and wait 2 seconds after the pin attempt is made to get in position to count. 

There isn't much i can suggest here cause the foundation is there but just needs to be improved upon. As I said in gameplay the stamina needs to be fixed cause anyone that has a top rope finisher, what it normally does as the AI is it will either hi a signature, hop over the rope and try to run to the top rope and 85% of the time it won't be able to climb the rope cause it's too tired or it'll do that knee lift in the corner and you end up getting right back up. This definitely is unrealistic.

Audio:

Okay this is one major issue right here, the crowd sounds need to be a lot louder, I need to hear the chants not only in headsets but through my television speakers. I can't hear that. The Commentary needs to be completely redone even if we have to go one game without any commentary at all, it's horrid.

Match Types:

EVERY SINGLE MATCH TYPE THAT WAS NOT INCLUDED IN 2K15 BUT WAS IN 2K14 NEEDS TO RETURN!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH! Not sure if you (2K) know of the backlash that THQ Got when 1,500 moves were removed from SVR11, but it was bad.  This that happened to 2k15 was 10 times worse. You are going to lose fans of the series if this keeps up.
So with that said, every Match Type from the tenure of SVR 2009 - WWE 2K14 needs to return, usable and not locked in every single mode including:

1v1 Match Types:

1. Single
  2. Ladder
  3. Steel Cage with pin/submit option
  4. Hell In A Cell
  5. Elimination Chamber (match creator)
  6. First Blood
  7. LADDER
  8. Special Referee
  9. I Quit
  10. Inferno
  11. *NEW* Buried Alive
  12. *NEW* Casket Match
  13. TLC
  14. *NEW*Hardcore Falls count anywhere (Free Roaming)
  15. Table

2v2 Match Types:

1. Tag
  2. Hell In A Cell
  3. Steel Cage (pin/Give up/Escape)
  4. Elimination Chamber
  5. Elimination Chamber tornado tag
  6. TLC
  7. Special Referee
  8. Ladder
  9. Table
  10. Tornado Tag
  11. *NEW* Hardcore Tag Falls Count Anywhere (Free Roaming)

Triple Threat:

1. Single
  2. Hardcore
  3. Extreme Rules
  4. Ladder
  5. TLC
  6. Steel Cage
  7. Hell In A Cell
  8. Elimination Chamber
  9. Table
  10. Handicap
  11. Special Referee

2v1:

1. Tag
  2. Tornado
  3. Tornado Table

3v1:

1. Tag
  2. Tornado

3v2:

1. tag
  2. tornado

6 Man:

1. Gauntlet
  2. 6 Man
  3. Tag
  4. Ladder
  5. TLC
  6. Battle Royal
  7. Elimination Chamber
  8. Steel Cage
  9. Hell In A Cell
  10. Table

ALL OF THESE MATCH TYPES SHOULD BE ADDED/IMPROVED UPON AND NOT REMOVED!!!!!

Universe:

The most widely used and popular mode.. yet, always the most neglected.

1. Show Intros with pyro: This was removed after WWE 1'2 and I call THQ Idiotic for doing that Show intros gives you that authentic feel. A shot at the commentary booth (the cut-scenes are there) should be included.
  2. There should be cut-scenes in every single match sometimes more than once.
  3. The cut-scenes need to make sense. If my superstar is on raw and Del Rio is the champ on Smackdown and my superstar wins a match (on a raw hosted superstars) Del Rio SHOULD NOT BE ATTACKING HIM WITH THE TITLE EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
  4. Either get rid of or do something with the stupid rivalry manager. It does absolutely nothing but ruin things. Either allow for non rivalries to still get cut-scenes based on allies/rivals, or just remove the darn thing till it can be improved.
  5. Add interference back in as randomly and the option to do it before matches. there's no reason this should have been removed.
  6. If a superstar has an alt attire set as default, that attire should show up in cut-scenes.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, DO NOT REMOVE THE MODE FROM THE GAME!

My Career:

I haven't done much with my career but what i do know is what i have played is not how a career should go.  No one does that many filler matches just to reach the top.

Creations:

Bring back the following:

Create An Entrance:

As far as Create an entrance every single entrance that was not added in 2k15 should be added. Even the ones taken out from WWE13's transition to WWE2K14 (The Attitude Era Ones) We also need Custom themes to return.  I was watching the History of the Attitude Era on the WWE Network (for only $9.99) and Road Dogg said something that's very true: That it wasn't the action that took place in the ring that put everything together, it was what lead to the match: The Entrance, Theme music, Titantron, Catchphrases, Mic Skills, all this stuff that really worked the crowd.  If this is truly to be an authentic and real experience compared to real life WWE, We need custom themes and the entrances back above all else.

Create a Story/Story Designer:

This is something that's been in since SVR2010: It definitely needs to return.  When Show intros were removed after WWE12 for some unknown reason, I used story designer to splice in the show intros and the commentary cutscenes among others to further tell my universe stories.  yes it was time consuming but when you watched the entire video, you really got the feel of that Episodic Content that WWE puts on each and every week! I believe story designer, with the issues fixed is a great addition to the game and shouldn't go the way of the dinosaur like GM Mode did because THQ couldn't find a way to implement it better.

Create a Finisher:

This has always been a hit and miss feature/mode. The reason I say this is because either the moves didn't look good strung together, or you couldn't get the part to finish a move. For example: Since SVR09 I have been trying to create a perfect Diamond Cutter and Scorpion Deathdrop.  I couldn't because the Reverse DDT Clutch no matter which one I selected would never end in a Reverse DDT drop. Same for the Diamond Cutter, the closest I ever got was a DDT Clutch into a twist of fate.  I think Create a finisher should return with all the new technology added into 2k15, it should really make a difference.  Also the top rope created finishers would need special reworking so the sell and damage accumulates correctly.

Create an Arena:

There was no point in adding WCW DLC since we didn't have a WCW arena to use and couldn't create one.

Create a championship:

Another mode that should not have been removed. idiotic if you ask me.  if you say you are building the game from the ground up that this is a brand new game, we shouldn't have glitches/bugs in the game still that have existed since SVR 2009.

Create a superstar:

FIND SOME WAY TO COMPRESS THE FILES AND ADD ATLEAST 50 CAW SLOTS.. Add better morphing options, Improve on the face texture import fix transparency. Everyone that has ever been in a wwegame should have some variation of their attires in the game; add more call names for the commentators as well as for ring entrances; add tampa florida back in for hometowns and bring back more hair and facial hair options.

EDIT A SUPERSTAR:

If you are going to make an alternate of someone *Cough* Triple H - Then make the alternate attires editable. I can't create DX Long Haired Triple H because 2K was i don't even know what the word  is(Galactically stupid?) to describe this logic. To allow me to edit retro triple h's attire.

I should be able to edit everything especially if it's someone like goldust or sting so i can edit their facepaint.
i see this as a great feature but it needs major improvisions.

Create a Move-set:

DON"T REMOVE ANY MOVES EVER AGAIN IN YOUR LIFETIME nothing should be removed locked or even put behind a pay wall. we need to gain moves not lose them.

Online:

Community Creations:

This Download/upload limit needs to go. There's no beneit in it, no one wins. And it doesn't solve the server problems. If you think it did, you're sadly mistaken.

Online matches: Move spam and lag is still a problem. Fix this.

Also, I know I may seem a bit aggressive here, but I know I speak for alot of the WWE Games Community when i say I spent 80$ For this game, then an extra 7$ for the WCW Pack, and considering another 14$ for the Moves and NXT Pack. Some paid 100$ for the Hogan editon, an edition that Jared said was going to be exclusive to Xbox One and PS4 only and that the only way you could get hogan is if you Preordered the Hulkamania Edition. Yet XBox 360 and PS3 users only had to wait a month and a half later to just pay 1$ for each version of hogan. I don't see that as fair. Yet none of the DLC that we paid for with the season pass has been released.  I get it if it hasn't been completed yet, but that WCW Pack for the most part was just really a cashgrab in my opinion. It didn't even come with a WCW Arena which 2K could have easily included from WWE12 and just updated the texture. I really call this laziness.

To the Developers:

I hope you read this blog and understand I do not hate 2K or WWE Games, I want the best possible game every year. I know only so much can happen but 80$ is a lot of money to get a half completed games with the same issues it's had year in and year out.

To the WWEGames Community:

I know each of you have awesome ideas, some not so great (like saying separate models take up superstar slots. This is not the case: If you didn't get the separate models you wouldn't have gotten anything extra.) We need to work together with the devs to show them what they need to give us to have a great game. Whether you like current wrestling or you're a retro wrestling fan like me and you like stuff from NWA, WCW, ECW, TNA, WWF, and the Ruthless aggression WWE Era, we need to show them that this is the most passionate community on the Gaming block!

This is Jeff M Signing off!

Stay Breezy,

http://jeffsdomainopinion.blogspot.com/p/wwe-games-good-bad-ugly-what-we-need.html

Edited by Jai Returns
Made it easier to read for some :)
  • Like 1

Very well spoken man. You hit every single problem with this game. To me, this game isn't much fun because they took out so much. It was by far the biggest disappointment of ANY video game I've ever played. Hopefully the right people read this because it's definitely everything we need. But, the only thing I didn't see you add was bringing back mixed tag matches. I'd use those in rare occasions so I'd like to see that come back. If you already discussed it, then I overlooked it. Thanks for posting this. I think it's much needed.

Very well spoken man. You hit every single problem with this game. To me, this game isn't much fun because they took out so much. It was by far the biggest disappointment of ANY video game I've ever played. Hopefully the right people read this because it's definitely everything we need. But, the only thing I didn't see you add was bringing back mixed tag matches. I'd use those in rare occasions so I'd like to see that come back. If you already discussed it, then I overlooked it. Thanks for posting this. I think it's much needed.

yeah i forgot about that and create a diva. I may go back and re-add it and republish and retweet to marcus but yeah I got pissed over the fact that i was wrongly banned because of jared being community manager at the time and now i can't even add logical suggestions. Everyone over there is asking for stupid stuff like My Gym things that aren't even a necessity. I didn't touch on my career cause actually my mind just drew a blank LOL.I actually do plan on doing a part two though. This was just me doing it at the heat of a discussion i had with marcus after he claimed that my ban had been reviewed and i should know that. So i just decided to point out every single thing that's wrong with the series thus far and hopefully if they have a half a brain they will fix it.

I do use Mixed tag and diva caws from time to time so yeah i need to retouch on that but i don't think i've missed anything else outside of that.

and thanks for reading and responding :)

yeah i forgot about that and create a diva. I may go back and re-add it and republish and retweet to marcus but yeah I got pissed over the fact that i was wrongly banned because of jared being community manager at the time and now i can't even add logical suggestions. Everyone over there is asking for stupid stuff like My Gym things that aren't even a necessity. I didn't touch on my career cause actually my mind just drew a blank LOL.I actually do plan on doing a part two though. This was just me doing it at the heat of a discussion i had with marcus after he claimed that my ban had been reviewed and i should know that. So i just decided to point out every single thing that's wrong with the series thus far and hopefully if they have a half a brain they will fix it.

I do use Mixed tag and diva caws from time to time so yeah i need to retouch on that but i don't think i've missed anything else outside of that.

and thanks for reading and responding :)

No problem. Thank you for taking the time to put it out there for them to see.

The game has actually grown on me as of late but things that are missing (especially the creation part) are a huge miss :( im loving the gameplay i.e the stamina part is brilliant its one of the things i like bout it...

But addin all those above would probably make it 10x better... Id add fightin in between crowd like (i think) svr 06 and also have OMG moments up near the entrance and ramp because wen the wrestlers go up there in game theres nothing really up there to hit your opponent nor throwing them off stage in to tables or whatever... That would be awsome :)

Also reversals have gotta be better theres only a few!! Thats my main concern more reversals that can turn into a move your superstar actually does etc i think this would be something 2k or whoever else could look into

Late last year you said you couldn't rate this game lower than 8/10 ? What changed ?

well at it's core, i still sort of couldn't maybe 7.5 at the lowest. I was also one of those that hadn't played the games since september last year so maybe i was on the Graphical high or whatever you can call it. But let's face facts: All 2k15 on next gen really is good for is a current universe. You can't really do anything else. I can't even use Retro triple h because everytime he shows up in a cutscene he pops up with short hair. In terms of creation and even universe i say 14 is alot better than 15. in terms of gameplay i do give that award to 15 with the exception of like i said that the grappling needs the 4 positions/transitions added back in.

Enough said. 

so what exactly are you implying. I can't watch the video cause i'm in an area where my internet is slow as molasses

I totally agree wiv u

thank you

You what I miss match creator and caf and story design don't get me wrong the game good but in different aspects it falis on so many levels like glitching

only thing i didn't add was story designer and caf. i need to add those things in

Yeah i need to add CAF and SD into my blog i forgot about them

• Like 1

what I'm saying, is that for as long as there is a market, 2K will continue to make money with this series regardless. the market is so vast now, and believe it or not, some people aren't too bothered about bugs and glitches. then there's the people who don't buy the game. they buy the hype, which just so happens to include a copy of the game! 

what I'm saying, is that for as long as there is a market, 2K will continue to make money with this series regardless. the market is so vast now, and believe it or not, some people aren't too bothered about bugs and glitches. then there's the people who don't buy the game. they buy the hype, which just so happens to include a copy of the game! 

okay in that retrospect i agree with you. i think that's one reason i restarted this blog. well 2 reasons actually 1. i was bored cause it's snowing again outside and 2. because i kept seeing request for a "My Gym" Feature and i'm like WTF? Who the blue hell gives 2 shits about that? and that brings me to my 2nd point. Until 2K THQ God Whoever gets the message that they need to focus on the creation features first (gameplay pretty much is solid now) and the universe mode getting a much needed TLC, this series will continue to fail.  I loved 2k14 not only because of the vast creation tools we had, but because of the diverse roster and additionally people like you titan that made awesome arenas.  I know we've had our differences and our little arguments and all that but i give credit where it is do. If it weren't for you, spirito, ajsim, Dre41, dyno, wolfgang, Dr Vries, and others i just can't think off the top of my head making awesome WCW, WWF WWE WWE RA/AE arenas caws logos title designs etc, I don't know where the rest of us would be. I mean you guys' work really brought my universe to life. I've always been more of the type of person that can put a show together, but you guys brought my shows to life.  Whenever i would stream or upload my vids from 12-14, people would always compliment the caws and arenas and i'd have to say "i didn't do it but the guys that did it did an amazing job" That is why i said that 15 feels more like just it's fine if you want a current game and don't want to add or change anything. I also didn't agree with that post in the q&a where a dev said if you want something, it's up to the community to create him or her when you can't create her at all and as for him, it wil always be missing the vital things such as authentic entrance, theme song, titantron etc. Hopefully 2k gets the message as i do have good relationship with them (mostly marcus) Aside from the fact that their mods spied on me on another site and had me banned cause i and the others that were banned talked bad about their mod staff but whatever. lol anyway thanks for responding titan!

okay in that retrospect i agree with you. i think that's one reason i restarted this blog. well 2 reasons actually 1. i was bored cause it's snowing again outside and 2. because i kept seeing request for a "My Gym" Feature and i'm like WTF? Who the blue hell gives 2 shits about that? and that brings me to my 2nd point. Until 2K THQ God Whoever gets the message that they need to focus on the creation features first (gameplay pretty much is solid now) and the universe mode getting a much needed TLC, this series will continue to fail.  I loved 2k14 not only because of the vast creation tools we had, but because of the diverse roster and additionally people like you titan that made awesome arenas.  I know we've had our differences and our little arguments and all that but i give credit where it is do. If it weren't for you, spirito, ajsim, Dre41, dyno, wolfgang, Dr Vries, and others i just can't think off the top of my head making awesome WCW, WWF WWE WWE RA/AE arenas caws logos title designs etc, I don't know where the rest of us would be. I mean you guys' work really brought my universe to life. I've always been more of the type of person that can put a show together, but you guys brought my shows to life.  Whenever i would stream or upload my vids from 12-14, people would always compliment the caws and arenas and i'd have to say "i didn't do it but the guys that did it did an amazing job" That is why i said that 15 feels more like just it's fine if you want a current game and don't want to add or change anything. I also didn't agree with that post in the q&a where a dev said if you want something, it's up to the community to create him or her when you can't create her at all and as for him, it wil always be missing the vital things such as authentic entrance, theme song, titantron etc. Hopefully 2k gets the message as i do have good relationship with them (mostly marcus) Aside from the fact that their mods spied on me on another site and had me banned cause i and the others that were banned talked bad about their mod staff but whatever. lol anyway thanks for responding titan!

Hello Jeffrey -

You forgot to mention the bad that Batista with Dragon Trunks and Buzz cut was left off the roster.  It is quite possible they may right this wrong by adding a Batista showcase.  I would like them to feature the friendship of him and Rey Mysterio Jr.  Batista really excelled in that period.  People need to relive that so they can "feel it". 

I will consider this added to your list.

this batista troll needs a ban

yeah it's pissing me off.. i wish you can delete stupid posts.  I know i've made stupid posts in the past but this takes the cake. He doesn't even know how to quote a post correctly SMH

Wow, no need to get hostile guys. Perhaps he messed up the quote, but he was polite. I'd also work on your grammar too guys, I think it's a bannable offense!

no, look at this guy's past posts. 

Wow, no need to get hostile guys. Perhaps he messed up the quote, but he was polite. I'd also work on your grammar too guys, I think it's a bannable offense!

Im confused.

I am sorry to offend you and your friend Jeff.  I like this site and I love Batista.  He is my favorite wrestler.  I am not harming, nor have not harmed anyone here.  Read all of my posts they are always positive.  Jeffrey is being a bully.  I was not mean or supported when The Titan destroyed Jeff and made him run away with his version of the Batista Bite.  I thought it was mean.