The Big Lebowski 2 Starts Filming in January 2015

The 4th Doctor

28i3gc9.png

Hollywood, CA — Exciting news for Big Lebowski fans around the world as a sequel to the cult classic has just been announced.

Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, directors of the first Lebowski movie, confirmed with E! Online they will both be returning to direct the sequel.

“We’re thrilled to be coming back to film a second part to this classic movie,” Ethan Coen said. “For years we’ve been staying away from doing this project but when we received this new script and the cast fell into place, it was a no-brainer. We just had to do it.”

Gage Luce, who helped write the new script, spoke with CNN to shed light on the plot behind the highly anticipated sequel.

“Now 17 years later, Maude Lewbowski (played by Julianne Moore) informs The Dude (Jeff Bridges) that they conceived a son together and that he has been kidnapped. The Dude teams up with his estranged brother, played by actor Bill Murray, and fellow bowling partner Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) to track down the child’s whereabouts. Just like the first movie, there’s guaranteed to be plenty of beers, bowling, and laughs.”

Murray spoke with TMZ and said he is excited to play a main character in the upcoming Lebowski sequel.

“I always loved the first movie, so when the Coen brothers offered me the role of The Dude’s long lost brother, I couldn’t say no,” Murray said. “I’ve been fortunate enough to read the entire screenplay and I can say without a doubt, old and new fans are going be in for a real treat.” Murray continued, “I’m embarrassed to say that I thought I was working with the Coen brothers when I voiced the Garfield movie back in 2004, but that turned out to be Joel Cohen and not Joel Coen. At least I know I’m working with the right Coen brothers this time.”

Film critic Jill Bryan with the New York Times says this movie should be huge.

“I’m so thrilled this project is finally happening. With a movie by the extremely talented Ethan Coen and Joel Coen you just can’t go wrong. This is definitely at the top of my list for most anticipated upcoming movies.”

Accompanying the trio on their journey to find the missing teen is Jesus Quintana, played by John Turturro, who stole the show in the original movie and for comedic relief, a Christian anti-masturbation group’s mascot named Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, played by newcomer 35-year-old Paul Horner from Phoenix, Arizona.

“I’m not familiar with the first movie, honestly if it’s not in the Bible I probably haven’t heard about it,” Horner told Entertainment Tonight. “A couple months ago, Lonnie Childs, president of Stop Masturbation Now, contacted me and asked if I wanted to be in one of those talking pictures on the big screen. I told him yes, just as long as it had no self rape in it. He assured me it didn’t, so I said, sure, why not!” Horner continued, “I think this is a perfect platform to help spread awareness about the dangers and consequences of masturbation. This is going to be so much fun! Praise Lonnie Childs! Praise Fappy!”

Gwen Hawkins, a film critic with The Guardian, says a Lebowski sequel is a terrible idea.

“Why ruin a good thing?” Hawkins said. “While the Coen brothers have proven competent in bringing remakes to the screen with material like “True Grit,” their attempt to rejuvenate a cult-classic like “The Big Lebowski” is more of a gutter-ball than good comedy. The hijinks from the original (random plots, bowling, psychedelic trips) will feel tired and derivative when injected into this upcoming sequel. We’ve come to expect great things from the Coen brothers, but I just can’t see this being one of them.”

Jack Phillips who is a journalist for The Epoch Times, a satirical website, told reporters how he will report news of the sequel.

“I’ll probably do what I always do, just write that it’s fake or satire or something like that and then use the same cookie-cutter writing I accompany everything I post that with,” Phillips said. “Most people say the articles I post have atrocious spelling and grammar, but they don’t see the whole picture. They don’t understand how hard it is for someone like myself to write something when I have nothing original to say, so then I’m forced to just leach off the work of others. It’s really tough being me.”

The scheduled release date for ‘The Big Lebowski 2′ is the Summer of 2016.

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/the-big-lebowski-2-announced/#sthash.ScLOKpME.dpuf

Hollywood, CA — Exciting news for Big Lebowski fans around the world as a sequel to the cult classic has just been announced.

Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, directors of the first Lebowski movie, confirmed with E! Online they will both be returning to direct the sequel.

“We’re thrilled to be coming back to film a second part to this classic movie,” Ethan Coen said. “For years we’ve been staying away from doing this project but when we received this new script and the cast fell into place, it was a no-brainer. We just had to do it.”

Gage Luce, who helped write the new script, spoke with CNN to shed light on the plot behind the highly anticipated sequel.

“Now 17 years later, Maude Lewbowski (played by Julianne Moore) informs The Dude (Jeff Bridges) that they conceived a son together and that he has been kidnapped. The Dude teams up with his estranged brother, played by actor Bill Murray, and fellow bowling partner Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) to track down the child’s whereabouts. Just like the first movie, there’s guaranteed to be plenty of beers, bowling, and laughs.”

Edited by The 4th Doctor

The guy in the middle looks like Michael from GTA.

That would be John Goodman ;)

I don't know actors names as I rarely watch movies. I just watched my 5th movie this year tonight.

Ahh I see my bad, I am opposite I watch so many sometimes even mixing up their roles like Bill Murray for example, mixing up a line or scene from Scrooged & Ghostbusters .. "Charles Dickens wants to see her nipple" was from Scrooged not Ghostbusters :p

DOn't get me going on tv shows, got over 20 in dvr XD

The guy in the middle looks like Michael from GTA.

That would be John Goodman ;)

I don't know actors names as I rarely watch movies. I just watched my 5th movie this year tonight.

Ahh I see my bad, I am opposite I watch so many sometimes even mixing up their roles like Bill Murray for example, mixing up a line or scene from Scrooged & Ghostbusters .. "Charles Dickens wants to see her nipple" was from Scrooged not Ghostbusters :p

DOn't get me going on tv shows, got over 20 in dvr XD

That's enough tripe for one day,