So... Moves.

OverTheEdge

It seems they're the only major front we've yet to cover. With the 360/PS3 version of 2K15 being as abysmal as it is, we're already able to retrieve any models, arenas (have these been tested?), entrances, etc. from it and add them into the far better 2K14. The only thing stopping 2K15 from being completely useless is its new moves and animations.

Has anyone looked into this facet of the game yet? Does anyone even know the files that contain them? Most importantly, would getting the ones from 2K15 into 2K14 even be a possibility?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverTheEdge

• Mathayus

• Red Rooster

• bravebird31

I havent had a chance to try it yet but if entrance/winning animations work then I dont see why not. The problem will be assigning them to wrestlers once they have been added. If you were just replacing current moves then you could just assign them using the in game Create a Moveset.

I think the ultimate solution would be if we could figure out how DLC moves are added in the official DLCs and then mimic that.

If you were just replacing current moves then you could just assign them using the in game Create a Moveset.

That'd probably be my ideal method.

Looking through the files, I'm thinking they could be in all of those motXX.pacs just out in the main pac folder. Looking into what's inside of those ultimately leads you through a bunch of directories and to .YANM animation files like you'd find in entrances, winning animations, etc.

If those are in fact them--hell, even if they're not--I'd say the biggest obstacle here is that there's no way to tell what move is what--at least not that I know of.

From what I've been looking at, the misc_ingame.pac has the references to most of the moves and comebacks, didn't find any OMG stuff yet. I also believe the animations are in the mot.pacs but it is crazy complex. I know a guy broke down the yanm files  for svr 2011 and said they are still pretty much the same but it reads like a foreign language. That's as far as I got.

:Here is the post on yanm's: 

Definitely interesting. Thanks for sharing that--never saw it posted. I hear you about it being complex. Hex and all of that coding business is, more often than not, quite a ways over my head--I'm just good at making things look pretty--but maybe some of the answers we're looking for are in there.

I havent had a chance to try it yet but if entrance/winning animations work then I dont see why not. The problem will be assigning them to wrestlers once they have been added. If you were just replacing current moves then you could just assign them using the in game Create a Moveset.

I think the ultimate solution would be if we could figure out how DLC moves are added in the official DLCs and then mimic that.

DLC Arenas would be epic, too. That's the one thing I've missed these last couple years, the ability to add them instead of replace! 

DLC Arenas would be epic, too. That's the one thing I've missed these last couple years, the ability to add them instead of replace! 

Could be wrong, but I'm sure I remember a couple of games ago Brienj worked on that. Vaguely remember him managing it with it's own DLC page... Could be imagining it though.

Could be wrong, but I'm sure I remember a couple of games ago Brienj worked on that. Vaguely remember him managing it with it's own DLC page... Could be imagining it though.

I think I remember. Not quite sure how he did that or if he was just experimenting 

I was reading some tuto and found somethings that I never thought.

The sound for moves (impact, etc.) are contained in a different file, the sound.pac file to be exact. I never figured or worked that out so unless that is solved, MOVES WILL HAVE NO SOUNDS.

And you need to found too the file that says what quantity of damage makes the move. Adding moves is more complex than I expected.

About how to add files to be showed and select it in the game is the problem.

But the rest of tutos are about adding moves, I think more about adding the mot files as DLC, then add the references to the def and arc, find where is the file that shows the names of the moves in the game...

But i never took care about the sound and damage of the moves.

From what I've been looking at, the misc_ingame.pac has the references to most of the moves and comebacks, didn't find any OMG stuff yet. I also believe the animations are in the mot.pacs but it is crazy complex. I know a guy broke down the yanm files  for svr 2011 and said they are still pretty much the same but it reads like a foreign language. That's as far as I got.

This is a step forward. I was looking for that.

EDIT:

I remember last year that some DLC moves came without sounds and the fix that with a m3.pac file. What have to content some info. The sound of the moves comes in a DLC sound file.

And yes the misc02_ingame.dlc get the name of the moves. In the DLC the file that have the moves is misc_dlc05.pac (In case of the DLC5)

Edited by Mathayus

:Here is the post on yanm's: 

I was the one who wrote that tutorial. It applies to YMKS files, not YANM files. Animation files were changed after SvR 2011 so that tutorial I wrote won't work for newer WWE games.

I figured YANM files back in 2K14 but I didn't really play anymore so I didn't document anything. I figured if I ever wanted, I could just figure it out again. This is all I had saved in a text file from back then and yeah, mot files contain move animations:

pac>evt>WSD00-WSD04 pacs are Create-a-Story animations

mot00.pac - CA00 (CAGE ANIMATIONS)
   CA01
   DLC2 (ABA & UW on-disc DLC)
   RES0 (? & 0021 contains COMMENTATOR ANIMATIONS)

mot01.pac - CA02 (ROYAL RUMBLE ANIMATIONS)
   CA05 (REFEREE ANIMATIONS)

mot04.pac - CAF ANIMATIONS

mot08.pac - ZMVM > SPE2 (CREATE-A-FINISHER ANIMATIONS)
  D002 (TOPE ROPE WAKEUP AND SOME DLC MOVES)
  E032 (TOPE ROPE DOWN AND STANDING ATTACK 

I think I was able to change part of a tag team entrance by swapping one of the tag partner's animation with a single animation, maybe Cesaro's. It would be the same with move animations. My advice, if you want to figure out move animations, figure out entrance animations - it's easier that way.

Hope this helps whoever wants to give it a go. I don't really mess with this stuff anymore but I drop by here once in awhile to see what everyone's up to.
Edited by qcawlity

QCAWLITY!!!! Thank you for this info. It's been driving me nuts for the past couple of months. I know you don't play the game lately but we could use your expertise around here on the subject.

Edited by bravebird31

I think I was able to change part of a tag team entrance by swapping one of the tag partner's animation with a single animation, maybe Cesaro's.

QtCR5Kt.gif

I have wondered about whether or not something like that was possible for so long, but it always ended up being pushed to the back of my mind. That is amazing to hear. Thanks for weighing in on this--hell, really cool to see the turn out from everyone in this thread. Wasn't sure how popular of a subject this would be.

qcawlity, thanks for that info. That can be very helpfull.

I think I was able to change part of a tag team entrance by swapping one of the tag partner's animation with a single animation, maybe Cesaro's.

QtCR5Kt.gif

I have wondered about whether or not something like that was possible for so long, but it always ended up being pushed to the back of my mind. That is amazing to hear. Thanks for weighing in on this--hell, really cool to see the turn out from everyone in this thread. Wasn't sure how popular of a subject this would be.

El Buvor did that for WWE´13 extrating one animation from a trio and adding it to a caw.

qcawlity, thanks for that info. That can be very helpfull.

QtCR5Kt.gif

El Buvor did that for WWE´13 extrating one animation from a trio and adding it to a caw.

I think that was a little different. I think he used a trio entrance as a singles entrance which defaults to the primary member's animation.

I think that was a little different. I think he used a trio entrance as a singles entrance which defaults to the primary member's animation.

Ahh! Now I understand. I didn´t understand it well.