Changing Ropes color?

Mathayus

Yeah, unfortunately there must be a file that tells the game if an arena slot has a Ramp/Stage and how many different colour ropes it has.

If we can find where that is it would be huge.

I thought that each Rope was an individual YOBJ? If that's the case, then they will all share the same texture. All you'd need to do is inject an updated texture archive with the other two colours, and assign them to the rope YOBJs. 

If this isn't the case, simply take the three different coloured ropes from one of the old Wrestlemania Arena, and inject them and their textures into your chosen Arena.   

Ok cool , you know anything about the stages ?

I don't think it's anything to do with the BG pac file. there's something coded into the game that tells the Arena slots whether they will have stages or flat aisle entrance animations. Whatever flat aisle arena you put in the Smackdown slot for example will have a stage animation regardless, and your wrestler will float. It's a case of just looking at which slots have stage animations and which dont, then deciding which ones you're going to correspond your Arenas to. 

Yeah, unfortunately there must be a file that tells the game if an arena slot has a Ramp/Stage and how many different colour ropes it has.

I thought that each Rope was an individual YOBJ? If that's the case, then they will all share the same texture. All you'd need to do is inject an updated texture archive with the other two colours, and assign them to the rope YOBJs. 

If this isn't the case, simply take the three different coloured ropes from one of the old Wrestlemania Arena, and inject them and their textures into your chosen Arena.   

Nope, if you put an arena with 3 different coloured ropes in the slot of an arena with 1 colour ropes then you get only 1 rope colour

Nope, if you put an arena with 3 different coloured ropes in the slot of an arena with 1 colour ropes then you get only 1 rope colour

ahh, see what you mean now.. i think the only Arenas in 2k14 with three coloured ropes and a stage are Mania's 5 and 6. could be wrong? i know there's not many :(

I added RAW 2002 arena over current RAW. Now I got the red ropes. So the rope texture files must be in the bg pacs.

Yeah they are, i didnt realise thats what you were asking, the arenas with 3 colour ropes have 3 rope textures in them. 

I thought you were asking about changing a 1 colour rope arena to 3 colours, which isnt possible.

Sorry, misundertanding

Try checking the BGMisc.pac as there are pacs in there relating to each arena...

hey, you're back :) are those what could be controlling the light colours and object colours? (did you ever find out why your WCW logo was red?)

Not back just dropping in :)

I never got to the bottom of the WCW logo issue, but whatever it is is within the YOBJ as you can import the YOBJ into another arena and the colour is teh same.

If you look at the rope models in a red/white/blue arena and compare them to the more current arenas the red/white/blue ropes have more rope YOBJs. I would also look in the Bgetc as well as start ripp[ing some of the other files in the game, maybe one of the misc.pacs in the root PAC folder of the game may hold arena files,

Good look chaps

Taker out :)

whilst we're on the topic of Arenas, can somebody else confirm that I'm not just seeing things, and this Extreme Rules Arena on next gen has random glowing lights in the entrance way, with no objects attached to them?

Edited by Titan83

Not back just dropping in :)

I never got to the bottom of the WCW logo issue, but whatever it is is within the YOBJ as you can import the YOBJ into another arena and the colour is teh same.

If you look at the rope models in a red/white/blue arena and compare them to the more current arenas the red/white/blue ropes have more rope YOBJs. I would also look in the Bgetc as well as start ripp[ing some of the other files in the game, maybe one of the misc.pacs in the root PAC folder of the game may hold arena files,

Good look chaps

Taker out :)

I have looked through the bgEtc.pac before looking for this sort of data but couldnt find anything unfortunately.

• 3 years later...