Some Files NOT in DDS? Get the Solution for that

HotavioH

So, I was checking some renders for import to 2K14, and noticed one thing. 2k had changed some textures/images format.

If you Uncompress the render file from the "menuHD2.pac" and then rename the .pac to dds. Nothing happens. However I was checking the file on HxD and at the end of the file a noticed "TRUEVISION-XFILE". I had saw it before on Photoshop somewhere but didn't came to my mind what it could be. But the google is my old friend and in very fast search I noticed it refers to TrueVision (Targa) TGA.

So that is, you just need to rename it to TGA.

If any of you get problems to work with it, simply follow that fast tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LebQpPAxfQ0

Hope it helps anyone.

See ya, Bro"s.

Edited by HotavioH
  • Like 2

ok i got a file 0131 which is cm punk uncompressed it from xpacker changed to TGA still says its a pac file?

You probably not renaming it right. Are you sure you changing the file format, and not just the name?

ok i got a file 0131 which is cm punk uncompressed it from xpacker changed to TGA still says its a pac file?

You probably not renaming it right. Are you sure you changing the file format, and not just the nam

i did the name how do i change the format thats prolly whats wrong this is my 1st at working with renders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUZVA98lCw

This may help you.

omg damn i thought i turned that off so long ago thanks man i got it now stupid pc i appreciate it man..btw the files in the menuhd2 has 3 of the same file names do i exract all of them and change the render?.

Edited by Twistedmisery666™

Hotavios i opened the tga convertd file in photoshop, but it has a brown background ,if i use the render in the game has the brown backgroung or its transparent?

thanks

I've done it,it's transparent pretty cool stuff.