*Tutorial* Modding Arena Textures

Red Rooster

Heres a short tutorial I wrote for Bugsyboy a while ago, hopefully its helpful.

1. Uncompress the bg##.pac file
2. Open in Xpacker using Open Pac file with Directories option
3. Extract Pach file
4. Uncompress 190.zlib
5. Open Texture archive 190.uncompressed.zlib
6. Extract all
7. Select all the textures and drag them into Paint.Net (I do this because I dont have a working dds thumbnail viewer, if you know of one let me know)
8. Find the textures you want to edit and open them in Photoshop
9. Edit the textures and save them as DTX1 ARGB 4bpp | 1 alpha
10. The texture must be exactly the same size as the original so open it in a Hex Editor and pad it out with 00's to make it exactly the same file size
11. In Xpacker inject the texture over the old one
12. Open pach and inject 190.uncompressed.zlib into it
13. Open bg##.pac in Hex editor and scroll down until you see PACH, select from there until the end of the PACH file.
14. Open the pach file in Hex Editor also and select all then copy
15. Paste the hex from the pach into the pac file where you selected in step 13.
16. Check the file size (in bytes) of the pach file and convert it to Hex.
17. In the hex editor of the pac file find the name of the pach (eg.0038 (its near the top of the file)) just after that will be the bytes that indicate the size of the file, change those to match the new size.
18. Open plist360.arc in Hex and find your pach file, the arena pach files are right at the top so its easy to find.
19. Change the size for you pach file to match the new size.
20. Copy the bg.pac and plist.arc back to your xbox.

Announce table textures are in 0192

Crowd textures are in 4E20

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@Red Rooster

1. Open 35.pac in PAC Editor.
2. Click on STG_\0035.pac and click extract.
3. Open x-packer, then OPEN->XBOX360/PS3 PACH. All files in PAC are listed.
4. I find 190 and press DECOMPRESS button.
5. In X-packer I open the decompressed file (0190.pac) using OPEN->TEXTURE ARCHIVE.
6. Since I wish only to replace the APRONS in that particular arena with ones FROM ANOTHER ARENA (I have textures already extracted) I do not have to go through getting the exact size of imported texture. So I scroll down the list and find rin_ep00 and rin_ep01. On each file what I do is select the name and press INJECT next to it and point to new corresponding texture. Both messages say file injected successfully.
7. So if I follow correctly I'm at step 12 of your tutorial which says "Open pach and inject 190.uncompressed.zlib into it". First of all my file name is 0190.pac and not 190.uncompressed.zlib but lets go anyway.
8. I open x-packer then OPEN->XBOX360/PS3 PACH I select 0035.pac. I select 0190 and press COMPRESS & INJECT button and point to 0190.pac. I get message that its successfull.
9. I'm at step 13 of your tut and that's where I'm getting lost. Do I scroll down all the way to the bottom which is practically the whole file? How do I finish the process? Or do I need to do anything with these hex things since I reuse a part of an official arena apron which was not made by me? Please help me our fellow modders :)

685d5ae88bbed552da8017521fadb76c131.png

Man its been so long since Ive done this stuff but I think theres an easier way so you dont need step 13 anymore.

Get one of the modded BG.pac files from Wrestling Legends and you should be able to just inject your PACh into it using Xpacker

• Like 1

I succeeded :) on @El Guapo advice I skipped steps 13-17 altogether.

Then just simply opened my main edited pac of the arena in WinHex, scrolled down to offset 800, found these 4 bits which were updated (you know, those which are used when simply importing arenas to 2k14) switched them sideways and showed them up the arc :D and it worked.

I'm so happy, one task down, more to go. Since arena slots are limited I made a hybrid of KOR '96 and KOR '99 arenas by adding all available logos and aprons from '99 version to '96 version and got a perfect KOR arena for myself. And when I took IYH Revenge of Taker arena and updated it with dark IYH aprons found in IYH: D-Generation X arena. Looks GREAT now. :)

Thanks everybody!

Edited by Impaler
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1