John Cena Doctor of Thuganomics Confirmed; Response to Punk

Sunny

NwniGEl.png2w1rww4.jpg
0kHD4YF.jpg

In what appears to be his second time stating on record, (besides the tidbit he mentioned at the WWE SummerSlam Confidential Panel) it would seem the alternate John Cena "Doctor of Thuganomics" has been confirmed by the man himself in the latest issue of Fighting Spirit when asked who he would want his character to face in the game.

"There are a lot of first time scenarios, such as with Sting. The fact that you can use current me or the old [Doctor of Thuganomics] is always good, and I like rivalry mode [vs CM Punk] because 2K listened to the WWE Universe as to which they wanted most. You can relive those rivalries and stories that went along with them."

Now, whether it is an alternate attire or a separate character slot remains to be seen, but one would have to assume he is an unlockable character through his 2K Showcase Mode with CM Punk whom he also acknowledged,

"Whether he's here or not, he's certainly left a mark in WWE. He's got to be in the game, and it's cool that that moment is not forgotten."

This would mark the third consecutive year which would feature this gimmick.

Source: FSM Edited by Sunny Dre Carter III

I wouldn't bet on it unless they signed an agreement to pay royalties to Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Company.

Man his thug gimmick will never come back he was funnier then to sucks,I'm sure they won't turn him heel never cuz of the little kids will stop buying his stuff lmao wwe will be afraid of that one.

I don't mind the Old School Cena in the game again at all. I liked it. I just really hope he has his own mini-trons again like in 13. That's just a bug with me when current trons of stars are shared with their retro selves. It worked in 2K14 with HHH, HBK, Taker and Kane. With Cena it bugged me.

ย 

I'll also add I hope everyone old school gets their own sub-trons. The attitude trons in 13 and the Mania ones in 2K14 were cool for a while but got boring later. Hope i'm not the only onewho feels like this.

I don't mind the Old School Cena in the game again at all. I liked it. I just really hope he has his own mini-trons again like in 13. That's just a bug with me when current trons of stars are shared with their retro selves. It worked in 2K14 with HHH, HBK, Taker and Kane. With Cena it bugged me.

ย 

I'll also add I hope everyone old school gets their own sub-trons. The attitude trons in 13 and the Mania ones in 2K14 were cool for a while but got boring later. Hope i'm not the only onewho feels like this.

The attitude and mania trons ruined the whole concept of playing as the Retros for me. It's like, i'm going to put N.W.O. in my Universe, and then the Wrestlemania trons are there and just kills it.

• Like 1

The attitude and mania trons ruined the whole concept of playing as the Retros for me. It's like, i'm going to put N.W.O. in my Universe, and then the Wrestlemania trons are there and just kills it.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

same here

Im sick of them making legends have a default theme of Wrestlemania or Attitude. This really gets on my nerves seeing how every legend who has made an appearance in the last few years have had a custom minitron that wasn't there in their day. Examples are Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, etc. The list goes on and on. But you see what I'm talking about.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Just turn off the minitorns, sidetrons and banners for NWO etc, or mod them to NWO ones :p