Questions about X-box 360 hacking and community dlcs

Pale Gribble

I only visit this place from time to time and it was mostly to check on the save editor/hacks for the PS3 when it comes out. However as the PS3 folks know, the person working on it retired and we never got to enjoy the wonders that is hacking. Now usually I can enjoy a game on it's own merits, but WWE games are different because I tend to have a love/hate relationship with them. I just love the aspects and ideas here and the way the wrestling in the current game flows and roster is the best in any game. However I hate the creators ineptness combined with WWE's idiotic decisions *cough* sexism *cough* that ruins a lot of the potential, which is when the hacking comes in handy.

I cannot enjoy this game in it's current state without constantly being reminded of the ways it can be improved with a slight fixing. So I got one of two options here.

1. I buy the game for X-box 360 and pay for X-box live too in order to get the community creations so it saves me time in creating characters and arenas.

or

2. I message the guy working on the hack editor for the PS3 (his name was Brian right?), ask him how far he gotten. Where I would either see if there's anyone who can continue on his work or maybe even convince him to finish it.

Anyone able to make a list of all the hacks/codes that currently available for the x-box 360? I'll be more than happy to pay for a proper PS3 save editor  if possible though because one way or another I'll be spending money here.

I'm extremely unlikely to get WWE 2k15 because I don't own either PS4 or Xbone and I doubt the game is going to be better than this on the PS3/X-box 360.

Another question I have is I know there's community DLCs. Are these DLC's available on just X-box or are they available on PS3 too? And are they available for unmoddified consoles. BTW who is the person (people?) who was working on the hacks for PS3? I want to talk to him either way.

Edited by Pale Gribble

Ok firstly the person working on the modding tool for PS3 wasnt called Brian it was PureRaffex and he wont respond if you message him so dont bother.

The Community DLCs work on both PS3 and XBox 360 but a fair bit more work is required by the user to add the content to PS3, on either system it requires a modded console (JTAG/RGH for 360, Custom firmware for PS3) so if you were going to buy a console for using mods I would go for Xbox360.

RGHing my Xbox 360 was the best money I ever spent, I get so many hours of enjoyment out of adding and creating content for 2k14. It looks like 2k15 will be moddable too so all the content that has been created this year should be able to transfer over to the new game.

Using the in-game creative suite is very limited compared to what can be achieved with modding, currently we are able to add wrestlers and arenas from WWE12 and 13, edit wrestler and arena models and textures, add titantrons and audio (announcer names etc), edit menu screens and renders and many other cool things.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can vouch for not messaging Pur3 Raf3x. I messaged him twice (politely) and nothing. BrienJ at least vented his frustration, but Pur3 seems beyond burnt out if he's not even talking. A damn shame. 

The modding side for XBox 360 looks out of this world (I admit to lurking), but I've got to admit to you Rooster, you guys seem pretty abrasive to noobies. If Bugsy's taking his mods private, and more people follow suit, I'm a little reticent to think about going for an RGH/JTAG. That DLC 6 is a thing of beauty (I love old WWF and WCW), but I don't know any of you guys, and I don't know how I could contribute (at least right now) outside of compliments and thank yous (which I'll gladly offer). It seems like you guys are getting more exclusive - and by you guys I mean the more prolific modders. That being said, I'm still thinking about going the modding route.

Sorry, Pale Gribble, I didn't mean to hijack. Rooster is one of the better known guys on the modding section, and I just saw the chance to get to some perspective on what's going on with the other modders.

Its not that we are against noobies, everybody has to start somewhere and most of us are more than happy to help people who help themselves.  I can understand how you might have got the wrong impression because sometimes we do give people both barrels but only when its deserved.

None of the people in the modding section instantly knew how to mod, we all had to piece together information from years of trial and effort.  There is now a great wealth of information in the form of tutorials written out in very simple step by step instructions for people to follow.  What causes us to go a bit mental are posts like this :

"can somebody help guide me in right direction looking for a tutorial on injecting renders using xfactor"

(There is no program called XFactor and there is tutorials in the tutorial section for this)

"i have some problems tryin to update the arc files and please help me.idk how to mods "

(This information is in the tutorials section and XPacker has a big button that says "Update Arc")

"Hi Frineds Can Any ONe Give ME WWE 2K14 Xbox 360 Entrance Files PLs I WIll Be Very Thank Full...PLs"

(after I had already answered his question the day before)

Im Confused about this whole thing can you tell me what software i use and how to put the mods  in the game for xbox 360

(he posted this in a thread listing all the wrestler id and arena id numbers for 2k14)

I am reading the tutorials on here and I feel like most of the stuff is going straight over my head. If someone can help walk me through this or point me in the direction of a video tutorial or something I would really appreciate it

(someone writing out a step by step guide isnt good enough I want a video made just for me)

In the modding section are pinned topics "New to Modding Check this before posting" and "Modding Tutorial Index", all the information needed to start modding is there.  If people a least attempt to figure things out for themselves using the resources we have provided then most modders are more than happy to help answer questions but when people make absolutely no effort of their own most of us are of the attitude "Fuck that douche!"

When I first started trying to mod I wouldnt've dared to come straight out and ask Brienj or Tekken "Duh how do I do this, I dont know?" I read everything I could (which at that time was very limited and not targeted at beginners) and tried what ever I could think of before eventually asking questions once I had hit a brickwall.

Even Brienj is happy to help people who are willing to put in the time and effort to try things for themselves. Without him I would never have gotten anywhere with this stuff but I had to be willing to show that I would put in the work and not expect to have it all handed to me on a platter.

The reason Bugsyboy has decided not to share his latest CDLC to everyone is because his mods get downloaded by hundreds of people who dont even have the decency to say "Thanks", thats all he asks, a simple word of gratitude for the countless hours he has put in to create the content. The other reason is whenever he asks for help he gets only the same few people offering to help. Anybody here can assist with things like renders, titantrons, movesets etc, you dont have to be a modder for that sort of thing, but no, most people would rather sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labour for free.

Compliments and thank you's are all we ask. People contribute what they can and that is why we have such a great community of modders, we just dont take kindly to thieves, leechers or stupid questions.

I hope that helped shed some light on the situation. Dont be afraid to come join the dark side, modding is getting better by the day and the more people we have creating stuff the better it will get. Just remember, read the tutorials and try things out for your self before you ask questions otherwise you will face our wrath :p

Edited by Red Rooster

@ozz: No worries, if you're asking related question or comments, than that helps the thread too.

@rooster: Thanks for the info. Regarding WWE 2k15, my brother says the next gen consoles are likely where the best features will be available, and I agree. So far WWE 2k15 just looks like an inferior version of 2k14, so no point in getting it. Is there a thread anywhere that says what are all the available hacks for the 360? If I'm going to purchase this for Xbox 360 + xbox live, I want to know what bang for my buck I'm getting. If no such thread exists, then can you kindly answers these questions regarding the hacks? I'm assuming you already have the basic hacks (gender change, stat points change, weight change, move changes), but how about these ones:

- Can you hack the season pass? I have no moral problems doing this since I already purchased the season pass on PS3.

- Can you hack create a move? This features has so much potential, but is also so botched up no one wants to use it which says it all. Namely can you increase damage for certain moves as well as access any animation for moves? Why the hell did Yukes limit the animations to certain setups? Makes no sense. Can't even make a normal stunner for crying out loud.

- Any possibility to create new moves like OMG moves and double teams? Damn it I want a double Rock Bottom or F-5 and the freakin double team powerbomb. Hello Yukes The Shield is in your game.

- Can you alter the appearance of in game wrestlers like say change Kevin Nash's hair to the short spiky hair or the height and size of wrestlers?

Now for some general questions. I assume the JTAG/RGH is a software of some sorts. Can it crash your console? Because that will be a problem since I bought some games from Xbox live and I definitely don't want to have to rebuy them again. Also do the community DLCs take up slots? Because if yes, I might just prefer to skip them and use them for things like Family Guy and Simpsons CAWs instead.

I normally prefer playstations to xbox because the online is free and I like Sony so much more than Microsoft, but this game I think will be an exception.

Yeah, I can vouch for not messaging Pur3 Raf3x. I messaged him twice (politely) and nothing. BrienJ at least vented his frustration, but Pur3 seems beyond burnt out if he's not even talking. A damn shame. 

The modding side for XBox 360 looks out of this world (I admit to lurking), but I've got to admit to you Rooster, you guys seem pretty abrasive to noobies. If Bugsy's taking his mods private, and more people follow suit, I'm a little reticent to think about going for an RGH/JTAG. That DLC 6 is a thing of beauty (I love old WWF and WCW), but I don't know any of you guys, and I don't know how I could contribute (at least right now) outside of compliments and thank yous (which I'll gladly offer). It seems like you guys are getting more exclusive - and by you guys I mean the more prolific modders. That being said, I'm still thinking about going the modding route.

Sorry, Pale Gribble, I didn't mean to hijack. Rooster is one of the better known guys on the modding section, and I just saw the chance to get to some perspective on what's going on with the other modders.

Thats kind of my point. You know Brienj you know me and you know Red. You obviously been following the modding scene for a long time, yet i dont recall ever seeing you in one of our thread. There is alot of guys that never mod that are getting the DLC because they are at least contributing to the scene in some sort of form whether it be helping another , commenting or even just say thank you. If you cant mod then maybe your good in photoshop maybe you have some logos that you can share maybe you can find some ref pics for us so we can concentrate on modeling new models instead of losing 2 hours searching for shit on the net. That way the community grows and we get mods out faster. 

If you want whats in this community then you should be a part of it . But most of you only ask and demand shit just like you do by looking at your posts. You say you guys seem pretty abrasive to noobies,  lol is that a joke ?  Its the other way around. If it reach that point where i have to send private dlcs its not my fault its their fault. Do what you can and i will have no problem sharing 

@ Pale Gribble get a dual nand RGH xbox 360 if you want to use the console for both jtag and xbox live.

Coming to your question about seasonpass, yes you can get everything from seasonpass to ultimate edition to dlc's for a rgh console.

You can change the height of wrestlers.

JTAG/RGH will not crash the console. Community DLC's take up slots? do you mean caw slots? If it is your question then cdlc has nothing to do with CAW slots as you will add the cdlc as a dlc.

@ozz: No worries, if you're asking related question or comments, than that helps the thread too.

@rooster: Thanks for the info. Regarding WWE 2k15, my brother says the next gen consoles are likely where the best features will be available, and I agree. So far WWE 2k15 just looks like an inferior version of 2k14, so no point in getting it. Is there a thread anywhere that says what are all the available hacks for the 360? If I'm going to purchase this for Xbox 360 + xbox live, I want to know what bang for my buck I'm getting. If no such thread exists, then can you kindly answers these questions regarding the hacks? I'm assuming you already have the basic hacks (gender change, stat points change, weight change, move changes), but how about these ones:

- Can you hack the season pass? I have no moral problems doing this since I already purchased the season pass on PS3.

- Can you hack create a move? This features has so much potential, but is also so botched up no one wants to use it which says it all. Namely can you increase damage for certain moves as well as access any animation for moves? Why the hell did Yukes limit the animations to certain setups? Makes no sense. Can't even make a normal stunner for crying out loud.

- Any possibility to create new moves like OMG moves and double teams? Damn it I want a double Rock Bottom or F-5 and the freakin double team powerbomb. Hello Yukes The Shield is in your game.

- Can you alter the appearance of in game wrestlers like say change Kevin Nash's hair to the short spiky hair or the height and size of wrestlers?

Now for some general questions. I assume the JTAG/RGH is a software of some sorts. Can it crash your console? Because that will be a problem since I bought some games from Xbox live and I definitely don't want to have to rebuy them again. Also do the community DLCs take up slots? Because if yes, I might just prefer to skip them and use them for things like Family Guy and Simpsons CAWs instead.

I normally prefer playstations to xbox because the online is free and I like Sony so much more than Microsoft, but this game I think will be an exception.

Obviously you didnt get the point Red was trying to explain with his quotes. You are totally lost friend. You beat every dumb question he quote by far . Skip the CDLC for caws of the family guy and the Simpsons WTF man !!!  

Edited by bugsyboy
  • Like 1

Obviously you didnt get the point Red was trying to explain with his quotes. You are totally lost friend. You beat every dumb question he quote by far . Skip the CDLC for caws of the family guy and the Simpsons WTF man !!!  

Yeah Im kinda disappointed I wasted my time writing the reply i did to Pale Gribble, he obviously didnt bother to understand what I wrote. 

All he did was drive home the point I was making when I replied to ozzmonkey.

As bugsy said, if you want to be part of the modding community then come be part of it, theres a bunch of people there who dont make mods but contribute in their own way.

@ Pale Gribble get a dual nand RGH xbox 360 if you want to use the console for both jtag and xbox live.

Coming to your question about seasonpass, yes you can get everything from seasonpass to ultimate edition to dlc's for a rgh console.

You can change the height of wrestlers.

JTAG/RGH will not crash the console. Community DLC's take up slots? do you mean caw slots? If it is your question then cdlc has nothing to do with CAW slots as you will add the cdlc as a dlc.

Can the RGH be purchased separately and installed into the console instead? Yes that's what I mean by take up slots. If it adds to the DLC section, awesome. If it adds to the CAW section, then yeah no thanks.

No need to be a dick man. Rooster was talking about guys who don't put any effort when learning how to hack while I was asking what hacks even exist since, you know, I don't even have the game for the 360 yet and want to know what hacks are available before purchasing. Or heck maybe you can answer my early question of if there's a thread that list what hacks are available so I don't have to search through page after page of what hacks are available. You're just being an ass.

Yeah Im kinda disappointed I wasted my time writing the reply i did to Pale Gribble, he obviously didnt bother to understand what I wrote. 

All he did was drive home the point I was making when I replied to ozzmonkey.

As bugsy said, if you want to be part of the modding community then come be part of it, theres a bunch of people there who dont make mods but contribute in their own way.

Excuse me if you expected me to use up hours on end of my time going through every page and thread on the modding and creation sections to search up answers to basic questions I had so I know if I even want to buy the game on xbox 360 and such. I do have other things to do. I'll use up the hours like I did for the PS2 hacks and join the xbox community when I'm actually part of the community and not before it.

Getting simple answers like gamingfan's response is apparently asking for too much now these days.

Edited by Pale Gribble

I gave you simple answers in my first post, yes CDLC works on PS3 as well as Xbox 360 and yes you need a modded console.

You then go on to ask different questions unrelated to the original questions.

You need to understand that hack and mods are two different things. So changes can be made using Hex editing or a tool to alter the save. That is hacking.

Changing how a model looks eg retexturing or remodelling, adding content from previous games or adding new content eg CDLC is modding.

You can hack the save on any 360 you dont need a modded console.

Making new moves is unlikely to ever be possible.

What about that 20 mins Red just spend on your ass plus all the countless hours he spend on this game ?

Is your time better than his ? You cant spend hours of your time for your own self ? The man went out of his way to explain something to you and he even quotes some comments for you but its like you didn't even read.

I gave you simple answers in my first post, yes CDLC works on PS3 as well as Xbox 360 and yes you need a modded console.

You then go on to ask different questions unrelated to the original questions.

You need to understand that hack and mods are two different things. So changes can be made using Hex editing or a tool to alter the save. That is hacking.

Changing how a model looks eg retexturing or remodelling, adding content from previous games or adding new content eg CDLC is modding.

You can hack the save on any 360 you dont need a modded console.

Making new moves is unlikely to ever be possible.

Yes thank you. Simple things like this would do. No I didn't know there's a difference between hacks and mods. Never hacked this game and don't hang out on this forum that much if it wasn't obvious from my initial OP.

What about that 20 mins Red just spend on your ass plus all the countless hours he spend on this game ?

Is your time better than his ? You cant spend hours of your time for your own self ? The man went out of his way to explain something to you and he even quotes some comments for you but its like you didn't even read.

I'm not sure if he needed 20 minutes to write that reply that was addressed to me and not ozz. I'm sure he's being thanked for his contribution to this game. I'll spend the hours when I actually have the game. I'm not even at noob territory here, I'm literally at should I even buy the game territory. If I was asking how to perform certain mods/hacks, I can understand the frustration, but asking what mods are even available for this game is too much trouble? You're expecting me to make a commitment to something I don't even have yet and am uncertain if I should get. You really don't see the flaw in that logic? The comments he quoted was addressed to ozz, not me.

Edited by Pale Gribble

So summing it up regarding what's available that I can tell from this thread.

- Community DLC's is part of the DLC column and doesn't take up slots for CAWs.

- Season pass, and other purchasable content can be hacked.

- Height of wrestlers can be changed.

Now I was just assuming they have this but I do like confirmation to be sure. Simple word answers would suffice.

- Can the create-a-finisher feature be hacked. Very big one for me.

- Can you alter gender? Another for me.

- Can you alter moves like making a regular move a finisher or vice versa? You can only have DDTs as a groggy move and there's only five groggy slots IIRC, so that's going to be limiting.

- Can you alter weight classes? Some wrestlers need to be changed and some female CAWs need to be heavier than a light heavyweight.

- Can you alter attribute stats? The weight stat restrictions is limiting for some characters.

- Actually something that Rooster said has me curious. He said you can add from previous games, does that mean you can add moves from previous games too that's no longer in 2k14?

Edited by Pale Gribble

1) I think Hacker T's tool can do something with Create-a-finisher, im not sure about damage

2) Yes

3) Dont think so

4) Yes

5) Yes I have made Zeus with 200 to some stats and 200 to each body part.

6) No not moves, entrances, wrestlers and arenas from WWE12 and 13 only

P.S. ozzmonkey, I had a look through your posts too and you come across as a bit of a sponge so maybe the modding community is not the place for you either.  And people wonder why we are a bit "abrasive"......

In my own meager defense, when it comes to cawing and renders and whatnot, I read through whatever guides I could find (and the comments) and went about doing this stuff on my own time. I've tried to reform my "spongey" ways as best I can. I just started reading the guides and the comments people have when they have missteps with the mods, so I'll be able to avoid some of the sillier questions you provided as examples in your first reply. Unfortunately, I just haven't had as much time recently to spend working on the game as I like. 

I wasn't looking to start anything. The "abrasive" comment comes mainly from reading through Titan's mod guide. I get that the modding guys enjoyed the post, but it came off as off-putting. And I'm not throwing Titan under the bus either. Maybe he was just frustrated by some posts. Maybe I took it more seriously than I should have. 

Like I said though, I've just been lurking in the modding section recently more than anything to get a feel for what modding is like, seeing what's available and how you guys put things together (ie reading the guides).

Edited by ozzmonkey

Thats kind of my point. You know Brienj you know me and you know Red. You obviously been following the modding scene for a long time, yet i dont recall ever seeing you in one of our thread. There is alot of guys that never mod that are getting the DLC because they are at least contributing to the scene in some sort of form whether it be helping another , commenting or even just say thank you. If you cant mod then maybe your good in photoshop maybe you have some logos that you can share maybe you can find some ref pics for us so we can concentrate on modeling new models instead of losing 2 hours searching for shit on the net. That way the community grows and we get mods out faster. 

If you want whats in this community then you should be a part of it . But most of you only ask and demand shit just like you do by looking at your posts. You say you guys seem pretty abrasive to noobies,  lol is that a joke ?  Its the other way around. If it reach that point where i have to send private dlcs its not my fault its their fault. Do what you can and i will have no problem sharing 

I know of you guys and your work, but I can't say I've talked to you or BrienJ or Rooster before. I've been following modding off and on but not for any significant time because I don't have the hardware to implement anything. I try to avoid it to some extent because the work is great but I'm relegated to admiring from afar.

I do love your work, in addition to Rooster's, smk's, petchy's, hotaviohs, tekken's, etc, and I appreciate that there is another route to appreciating WWE 2K14 outside of what some caw editors and cawing can accomplish. I've read your thread and others to get an idea of what's out there but more so to understand the process to install it and fine tune. I apologize to you for not at least chiming in or at even complimenting your work so far. 

Like I said in the reply to Rooster, the "abrasive" comment wasn't meant to put you guys down; it's just an observation from Titan's post and the replies to his post, and this statement on your dlc 6 thread:

"If you dont know me , if we never spoke before or you never did nothing for this community

DONT PM ME FOR SOME HELP BECAUSE I WONT HELP YOU !!!"

I'm not criticizing you for writing it, not at all. After reading through the thread and your reply above, I understand your point. Maybe I just misinterpreted it. Obviously, I haven't been participating so I haven't asked any silly questions, but I've never spoken to you before so I thought I was excluded in perpetuity (which sounds stupid on my part).

Admittedly, I guess I've taken more than I put in. I can contribute renders and reference pictures. As for photoshop, I can mess around with textures and logos but can't promise anything. I have nothing to gain and more to lose by just demanding and downloading. 

P.S. ozzmonkey, I had a look through your posts too and you come across as a bit of a sponge so maybe the modding community is not the place for you either.  And people wonder why we are a bit "abrasive"......

In my own meager defense, when it comes to cawing and renders and whatnot, I read through whatever guides I could find (and the comments) and went about doing this stuff on my own time. I've tried to reform my "spongey" ways as best I can. I just started reading the guides and the comments people have when they have missteps with the mods, so I'll be able to avoid some of the sillier questions you provided as examples in your first replyUnfortunately, I just haven't had as much time recently to spend working on the game as I like. 

I wasn't looking to start anything. The "abrasive" comment comes mainly from reading through Titan's mod guide. I get that the modding guys enjoyed the post, but it came off as off-putting. And I'm not throwing Titan under the bus either. Maybe he was just frustrated by some posts. Maybe I took it more seriously than I should have. 

Like I said though, I've just been lurking in the modding section recently more than anything to get a feel for what modding is like, seeing what's available and how you guys put things together (ie reading the guides).

I know of you guys and your work, but I can't say I've talked to you or BrienJ or Rooster before. I've been following modding off and on but not for any significant time because I don't have the hardware to implement anything. I try to avoid it to some extent because the work is great but I'm relegated to admiring from afar.

I do love your work, in addition to Rooster's, smk's, petchy's, hotaviohs, tekken's, etc, and I appreciate that there is another route to appreciating WWE 2K14 outside of what some caw editors and cawing can accomplish. I've read your thread and others to get an idea of what's out there but more so to understand the process to install it and fine tune. I apologize to you for not at least chiming in or at even complimenting your work so far. 

Like I said in the reply to Rooster, the "abrasive" comment wasn't meant to put you guys down; it's just an observation from Titan's post and the replies to his post, and this statement on your dlc 6 thread:

"If you dont know me , if we never spoke before or you never did nothing for this community

DONT PM ME FOR SOME HELP BECAUSE I WONT HELP YOU !!!"

I'm not criticizing you for writing it, not at all. After reading through the thread and your reply above, I understand your point. Maybe I just misinterpreted it. Obviously, I haven't been participating so I haven't asked any silly questions, but I've never spoken to you before so I thought I was excluded in perpetuity (which sounds stupid on my part).

Admittedly, I guess I've taken more than I put in. I can contribute renders and reference pictures. As for photoshop, I can mess around with textures and logos but can't promise anything. I have nothing to gain and more to lose by just demanding and downloading. 

I like what you've written and maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion by reading your older posts. Admiring from a far and reading guides etc is a great way to start, thats how I started out.

Lately things have got a bit messy in the modding section because we have a lot of new people who are attempting to mod and they have tended to be the type that will steal/use other peoples work without asking and then proceed to ask the stupidest questions that they could either answer themselves or have been answered by tutorials.

Take a look at this dumb fuck for an example

You seem to have a more mature approach to the situation and I think that will take you a long way if you choose to start modding or at least join the community. We dont mince with words in the Modding section so beware that if you do say something dumb we will call you out on it, I guess the solution to avoiding that is dont ask dumb questions or have a thick skin if you do :)

1) I think Hacker T's tool can do something with Create-a-finisher, im not sure about damage

2) Yes

3) Dont think so

4) Yes

5) Yes I have made Zeus with 200 to some stats and 200 to each body part.

6) No not moves, entrances, wrestlers and arenas from WWE12 and 13 only

Thanks alot for these answers Rooster. It really helps in making my decision if I wants to get another copy of the game for the 360 and all that. Sorry if I might have came off ungrateful or anything like that. It's just that if I'm actually planning to spend my money on this, I like to know what I'm getting. Sort of like how people would check out a review of a game to get the basic rundown of it before actually buying it. However since hacks don't come with a review/rundown for obvious reasons, asking is the most effective way to get the info needed.

So hacker-T's tool might be able to mod caf? That's cool. I remember seeing a thread on 360haven with mods for the hacker-T tool that's several hundred pages long, so I'll take a look at that to see if they mention caf.

Wait you don't think it's possible to hack the moveset? Really? This was easily done on the PS2.

Out of curiosity, when you say Zeus, do you mean Tommy Lister or the greek god?

Aw I was hoping it was possible to add moves from previous games because that would be awesome and I looked it up and see there's been x-box 360 games since SvR 2007.

All that said, I'm probably on the "yes get it, it will be worth it" side. Though admittedly I'll probably spend the first month of two creating a bunch of characters before I even try out any new hacks/mods since my plan with my brother was to bring back CAW we made for previous games to fit with 2k14's history of wrestling theme. After that point I'll probably be trying to hack caf and the moveset since the two most important thing about wrestling games are the characters and the moves. Everything else is just a nice window dressing.

Since it was mention about the different programs like JTAG and RGH, is there an actual difference between these programs or is it just the whole brand name thing? Also do you know if it's possible to add things from 2k15 onto 2k14? 2k15 really looks like a downgrade, understandably. Would probably wait for 2k16 if we can't add from future games. Fortunately they'll likely keep the games on 360 and PS3 for a while because keeping the games only on PS4 and xbone is a bad move for investment.

Edited by Pale Gribble

JTAG and RGH arent software they are hardware mods made to the console itself. Google it and do some research before you buy anything.

Tommy Lister

ZEUSMONTAGE_zps4430d63b.jpg

It will most likely be possible to import stuff from 2k15 to 2k14 and vice versa but we dont know for sure yet.

If you decide to get into modding dont bother buying 2k14 for 360 an original DVD of the game will be no good to you ;)

Importing moves from WWE12 and 13 would be possible but I dont think any were removed so no point. Importing moves from games before WWE12 will not work, the model structure changed after SVR11 so any models, moves, entrances etc from previous games wont work unless someone could create a converter program (which is unlikely).

Once you have started modding you will never want to make another caw again.

Have a look at Bugsyboys Thread to see what I mean 

Edited by Red Rooster

If you decide to get into modding dont bother buying 2k14 for 360 an original DVD of the game will be no good to you ;)

What's that suppose to mean exactly? Buy a blank blu ray disc and copy the game onto it? If you don't want to say it out in the open, feel free to PM me about it. Remember never modded before so forgive me if it's obvious to modders.

Once you have started modding you will never want to make another caw again.

Have a look at Bugsyboys Thread to see what I mean 

Looks very good. However the never wanting to make another caw again thing is unlikely just because I always have more fun with non wrestling caws than real wrestlers. Actually the real wrestlers are likely to become punch bags and glorified jobbers once the caw roster really gets big. That's just the circle of life in my wrestling games.

Edited by Pale Gribble

@Pale Gribble if you have a jtag/rgh console you can copy your game to the hdd or external hdd and run from it and you don't need have the disc in the tray anymore.

From there you can modify your game with mods and so on.

@rooster forgot to mention while I don't think any moves were removed either, it will help to be able mod the moveset. For example JBL, the Giant and Vader (if I manage to mod him) all have powerbombs for a sig, and no I'm not going to give them all jacknife since that's Kevin Nash's finisher. Still can't believe the game doesn't allow you to have powerbomb 3 (the normal powerbomb!) as a sig or finisher. That's got to be up there with removing all the inverted DDTs despite many characters use it and having no team powerbomb despite the shield is in their game.

Actually thinking about it, they might have removed a powerbomb or 2 because I don't see that powerbomb where the user falls on their knees as they drop their opponent in the game, and I don't recall this problem existing in WWE 12. Or maybe Yukes just didn't get the bright idea to remove standard powerbomb as a sig or finisher until WWE 13.

@gamingfan oh I see. Thanks for that. So it's basically doing what Micro$oft originally wanted with the xbone. I wouldn't mind using the disc if it saves space on my harddrive since I'll be using the X-box for more than wrestling games. Of course if copying the game onto the harddrive is the only way to mod it, then I don't really have a choice.