What motivates you?

fufu ÷

Money. But in all honesty, and this might sound bad, it's to prove people wrong. I quit where I'm currently working five years ago, over some stupid bullshit at that. When I had my interview to return one of the first things they asked was "Are you serious this time?" and after I said yes the general response was "Well, let's see if you mean it." which to me is the same as saying "I fucking doubt it." So I wake up five day a week and go into work smiling and trying to improve everyone's mood while I bust my ass... hurting or not. After the move (I wasn't back for 30 days) when my back went out, a lot of my co-workers didn't think I'd be able to work like I did up until then. Even my doctor and cousin (who's a nurse) said I most likely won't be able to go like before, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them be right. Sure as shit I'm pretty much able to go like before unless my back is really acting up.

And to circle back to money, it is a motivator. When my mom had her knee replacement and was recovering from it I was pretty much the only source of income which was plenty motivation. Not to mention it's awesome being able to buy my nieces gifts and knowing for the first time in five years I'll actually be able to buy Christmas gifts.

Last but not least, benefits. I get pretty kick ass medical and dental coverage... Both of which I sorely need. There's one lady at work who comes in strictly for the medical coverage they give her and her husband.

EDIT: Also, lain's girlfriend's ass.

Edited by The Don

Money. But in all honesty, and this might sound bad, it's to prove people wrong. I quit where I'm currently working five years ago, over some stupid bullshit at that. When I had my interview to return one of the first things they asked was "Are you serious this time?" and after I said yes the general response was "Well, let's see if you mean it." which to me is the same as saying "I fucking doubt it." So I wake up five day a week and go into work smiling and trying to improve everyone's mood while I bust my ass... hurting or not. After the move (I wasn't back for 30 days) when my back went out, a lot of my co-workers didn't think I'd be able to work like I did up until then. Even my doctor and cousin (who's a nurse) said I most likely won't be able to go like before, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them be right. Sure as shit I'm pretty much able to go like before unless my back is really acting up.

And to circle back to money, it is a motivator. When my mom had her knee replacement and was recovering from it I was pretty much the only source of income which was plenty motivation. Not to mention it's awesome being able to buy my nieces gifts and knowing for the first time in five years I'll actually be able to buy Christmas gifts.

Last but not least, benefits. I get pretty kick ass medical and dental coverage... Both of which I sorely need. There's one lady at work who comes in strictly for the medical coverage they give her and her husband.

You sound like an incredibly dedicated person Don

"And to circle back to money, it is a motivator. When my mom had her knee replacement and was recovering from it I was pretty much the only source of income"

"Whilst I bust my ass"

"I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them be right"

Very determined to me, a lot of people'd just give up.

Football, I've been training since I was 5 years old, I adore the game! I wake up daily and go train at the stadium.

Syria and for the first time ever made the cut to Chile u-17 FIFA World Cup in 2015, I am training hard and my dream is to join the squad, I am hoping there is scouts because my dream is to join Real Madrid oneday, I know it's hard if not mainly impossible but I always give my best at the pitch.

I know you got my Christmas gift covered too. Right Unc? Edited by Sunny Dre Carter III

"And to circle back to money, it is a motivator. When my mom had her knee replacement and was recovering from it I was pretty much the only source of income"

"Whilst I bust my ass"

"I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them be right"

Very determined to me, a lot of people'd just give up.

I just thought it was called being a fucking man. Why give up and let them be right when it's much more gratifying to prove people wrong with your head held high.

And Sunny?

original.jpg

Money (sounds like I'm an asshole, but everyone can agree it's what makes the world go round) haha!

And also my girlfriend, been with her going on 5 years, best thing to ever happen to me.

Is it bad that nothing gets me out of bed right now? I'm just waiting for school to start.

Well...I guess I do have a slight motivation, I'm joining a Football Team next year so I'm practicing Goalie and Midfielder 101.

The pursuit of my goal to one day cure cancer. No joke. I'm pursuing a degree in Human Genetics Engineering currently.

There never will really be a cure to cancer, it's just a buzzword thrown around.
You say that now. It's a matter of being able to target the mutated cells without hurting cells that aren't. They have a made a lot of progress reprogramming HIV to attack those cells instead of regular cells. They have done the same thing with Bee Venom and actually cured 1 person. Obviously further testing is required but never say anything is impossible. There is always a way.

Don't try and talk down to me. I was actually referencing an article about using weed as a cure, which is more likely where Family Guy got that reference from. There are cases of people being 'cured' through a lot of different methods, but none are ever reported in any major sense. If you can't make money from it, people wont endorse it. The pharmaceutical industry is a cancer in itself.

edit: not saying there's a guaranteed cure that's been hidden, but I believe with the amount of money that goes into research (all donations btw) that someone might have something to show from it.

Edited by fufu ♡

The problem with cancer is that it's not just one mutation. There's lots and lots, not one cure will be able to cure them all. This is why it's pretty much impossible. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but you should know this since you're in the field.