Robin Williams dead at 63

The 4th Doctor

In theme here with video gaming...turns out he was an avid gamer. He named his daughter, Zelda Williams, after Princess Zelda from the Legend of Zelda series and his son, Cody Williams, was named after Cody Travers of Final Fight/Street Fighter.

I had a dream, like 2 weeks ago that I had to go to the doctor.. so I went and the doctor was Robin Williams. cos y'know.. he went and got his phd and all that. He was a nice doctor. I have weird dreams. RIP Doctor Williams :(

Shit I was just looking at Robin Williams' twitter and didn't even know that they where even making Night at the Museum 3. So I watched the trailer and then when I went back to his Twitter It doesn't exist anymore...  :

Edited by Gamevolt

Hearing the news last night was such a shock, especially when it started coming out that he had been suffering depression and took his own life. He always seemed like someone that really loved life, i'd never have expected it.

He was a big part of my childhood growing up in the 90s and watching him in so many of his iconic roles, I can't think of any other actor with anywhere near as many movies that I loved as a kid.

It's just such a sad loss :(

• Like 1

It's cliche but the world seems a little less fun now knowing he's dead. However, he's one of those people who will undoubtedly be remembered for the work he did during his life, and not his death.

Heart-wrenching.

The man who made everyone smile, laugh and forget the harsh world around them falls victim to the things he made others feel safe from. He was one of the funniest and ludicrous people to have ever graced our screens, and at times the most dramatic and real. A lot of people can't seem to grasp how others can be affected by people they never knew personally, I think this is a harsh lesson of what they were missing.

Thank you for everything you have done in the world of media, the philanthropy you have given, and the smiles you have adorned on all your fans.

This one hits hard.

• Like 1

I noticed today a lot of people are being more proactive in spreading awareness of depression because of this. Even in death he was giving a lot back, in one regard, anyway.

If you have a spare 10 minutes, give this a read. It's a pretty good article about comedy's connection to depression:

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/