Life Experience?

fufu ÷

You also don't realise that every person's psyche is not the same as yours. for some, courage comes easy. for others, it is a constant struggle, no matter how easy your metaphors make it sound. when you struggle with your own head, life becomes much harder than you can understand.

• Like 1

You also don't realise that every person's psyche is not the same as yours. for some, courage comes easy. for others, it is a constant struggle, no matter how easy your metaphors make it sound. when you struggle with your own head, life becomes much harder than you can understand.

Aye.

when you struggle with your own head, life becomes much harder than you can understand.

Oh no, I understand that as well as anyone else, if not more so given some of the shit that's gone on in my life... Not saying my life was any harder than anyone else's. But lets look at it this way, it's my Monday today at work. Don't NOBODY wanna goto work on a Monday, and I'm no different, especially after adding in the fact I can feel my back is all fucked up and damn near everything at work makes it worse. Hell, I just spent 15 minutes debating the pros and cons of calling in sick today. But I know damn well that if I go in smiling and sayin "Mornin ladies!" to everyone at work it'll make it easier.

Back to your point, I struggled in my own head when I was there five years ago and HATED my job. Just last week I was struggling in my own head and quit that place 37 times in my head before lunch. But the saying "Fake it til you make it" is true. Throw on a fake smile, like mine are for the first hour or two of the day, and eventually it'll become real. Same with confidence. If I'm one a station I'm less than comfortable with/good at, I'll say "Oh yeah! Gonna rock this shit today!" or "I'm gonna Bret Hart the fuck out of it!" (the latter of which no one ever gets sadly) while in the back of my head I'm dreading it... Sure as shit, the days I say that I do so much better than when I just dread it.

It's mental attitude which I know is difficult for a lot of people to get a grip on, and I was in that category for many years, still am on some days. So for the people here who struggle in their own heads, fake that shit til you make it! Wake up saying "It's gonna be the day, and I'm the fuckin shit!" every day for a week or two. Odds are, it'll soon enough be true.

This motivational message brought to you by The Don from the DON4MOD campaign. If you need anything else, just whistle. Free hugs upon request.

when you struggle with your own head, life becomes much harder than you can understand.

Oh no, I understand that as well as anyone else, if not more so given some of the shit that's gone on in my life... Not saying my life was any harder than anyone else's. But lets look at it this way, it's my Monday today at work. Don't NOBODY wanna goto work on a Monday, and I'm no different, especially after adding in the fact I can feel my back is all fucked up and damn near everything at work makes it worse. Hell, I just spent 15 minutes debating the pros and cons of calling in sick today. But I know damn well that if I go in smiling and sayin "Mornin ladies!" to everyone at work it'll make it easier.

Back to your point, I struggled in my own head when I was there five years ago and HATED my job. Just last week I was struggling in my own head and quit that place 37 times in my head before lunch. But the saying "Fake it til you make it" is true. Throw on a fake smile, like mine are for the first hour or two of the day, and eventually it'll become real. Same with confidence. If I'm one a station I'm less than comfortable with/good at, I'll say "Oh yeah! Gonna rock this shit today!" or "I'm gonna Bret Hart the fuck out of it!" (the latter of which no one ever gets sadly) while in the back of my head I'm dreading it... Sure as shit, the days I say that I do so much better than when I just dread it.

It's mental attitude which I know is difficult for a lot of people to get a grip on, and I was in that category for many years, still am on some days. So for the people here who struggle in their own heads, fake that shit til you make it! Wake up saying "It's gonna be the day, and I'm the fuckin shit!" every day for a week or two. Odds are, it'll soon enough be true.

This motivational message brought to you by The Don from the DON4MOD campaign. If you need anything else, just whistle. Free hugs upon request.

as much as I appreciate and agree with your smashing response, the "you can understand" is more aimed at yourself, not other people. but yeah, sometimes lying to yourself works, but lying rots the soul away.

Edited by fufu ♡

the way i wrote "you can understand" was using the 'you' almost as an 'I'. so it is the person who is struggling with their own who does not understand, as opposed to just others not understanding.

No, that "Soul" thing. What does lying to yourself have to do with your shoes? ;) But in all seriousness I am a firm believer in if you tell yourself that reassuring things like "You're the shit" or "It's gonna be a good day" soon enough it becomes true. It might not work for everyone, but sure as shit did me.

But then you just look at Korean chicks and you realize...life is good.

lmfao

actually not far off base. i get all my strength from them.

I had a very similar experience to Fufu when I attended university.I had some amazing times there but they weren't worth the overall miserable experience. It wasn't any thing like I was expecting. All of the parties led to fist fights and cops raiding them. It was a mix of people who studied all day taking it too serious and people who just took drugs and failed out but got to stay an extra semester because the state paid for their dorm for the entire year. None of the majors really appealed to me, so I tried to take one that had the most jobs in it and paid a lot. Got into safety engineering because it paid a lot and had a 100% employment rate for students. The economy collapsed in 2008, the year I graduated, and only 6 students graduated in my class (I took one of the hardest major at the University) and only 1 got a job and it was working for his uncle's factory.

I went about 3 years without a job in my field miserable as fuck which is pretty much when I started CAWing. I finally got a job in Safety in 2010. Started out as a temp at a plant when their usual Safety Engineer took leave to have a kid. While she was gone someone at an over seas branch died in a forklift accident. I was tested revising the entire plants forklift program. It ended up earning me a full time job until the day before Christmas eve 2011 when the company decided to release 20% of the work force at every facility (Over 20). Since I was the last non-plant worker hired I was the first one fired.

I was really pissed about it. I was one of the hardest working people they had and they cut me because I was new and at a shit time when nobody was hiring at the holidays. It was around that time I started coloring comics for fun. Art was always something I loved to do and I had been using CAWing as a way to channel my artistic side. Anyhow, I did that while I was collecting unemployment and looking for a job, and posted my work on Deviant Art. I started getting some hits from publishers. I'm now out of the safety field, not using my degree, and coloring 3 books for Black Mask Studios. My portfolio is being reviewed by DC as I type this. Hopefully I keep moving up because I'm really enjoying this.

Been thru alot over these 32 years.  Product of a broken home before age 9.  Pops wanted nothing to do with me.  Mom's 2nd husband was a dysfunctional drug addict/alcoholic. that beat her and me.  Spent alot of time with my grandparents, as my moms didn't always want me.  Started selling weed by 13, in a gang by 15. Pushed weed, crack, and powder by 20. Been locked up 20+ times.  Fights, shootouts, all the good stuff that comes with the lifestyle I lived.  Was blessed to make it to 25 years old (2007) when I got tired of the lifestyle and gave my life to Christ.  Best decision I ever made.   Now I'm married for 2 and a half years to a wonderful woman and will be welcoming our 1st child in 33 days!  #QuickSummary LOL

Edited by Righteous

Been thru alot over these 32 years. Product of a broken home before age 9. Pops wanted nothing to do with me. Mom's 2nd husband was a dysfunctional drug addict/alcoholic. that beat her and me. Spent alot of time with my grandparents, as my moms didn't always want me. Started selling weed by 13, in a gang by 15. Pushed weed, crack, and powder by 20. Been locked up 20+ times. Fights, shootouts, all the good stuff that comes with the lifestyle I lived. Was blessed to make it to 25 years old (2007) when I got tired of the lifestyle and gave my life to Christ. Best decision I ever made. Now I'm married for 2 and a half years to a wonderful woman and will be welcoming our 1st child in 33 days! #QuickSummary LOL

As in prison? or just arrested and put in the cells until they're done with you. Edited by Big Pete®

As in arrests and time served.  Pulled quite a few 1 nighters.. Also served a few sentences. 5 months here, 90 days here, 45 days here.  Never been to prison, altho I know I should've been.  Good lawyers and money can get you out of anything in America.  Had a concealed weapons charge back in 05.  Would've had to serve at least 20 months (in prison), but the arresting officer didn't make it to court on time, so my lawyer was able to get that dismissed.

Edited by Righteous

As in arrests and time served. Pulled quite a few 1 nighters.. Also served a few sentences. 5 months here, 90 days here, 45 days here. Never been to prison, altho I know I should've been. Good lawyers and money can get you out of anything in America. Had a concealed weapons charge back in 05. Would've had to serve at least (in prison), but the arresting officer didn't make it to court on time, so my lawyer was able to get that dismissed.

LOL... lucky.

A very blessed man. Not to mention that officer didn't like me. LOL.  Especially on an arrest like that, for him not to be there was nothing short of a miracle! 

Eventho sometimes I think that if I could go back, I would change things.  I am thankful for my experiences and all that has come with them.

Edited by Righteous

Been thru alot over these 32 years. Product of a broken home before age 9. Pops wanted nothing to do with me. Mom's 2nd husband was a dysfunctional drug addict/alcoholic. that beat her and me. Spent alot of time with my grandparents, as my moms didn't always want me. Started selling weed by 13, in a gang by 15. Pushed weed, crack, and powder by 20. Been locked up 20+ times. Fights, shootouts, all the good stuff that comes with the lifestyle I lived. Was blessed to make it to 25 years old (2007) when I got tired of the lifestyle and gave my life to Christ. Best decision I ever made. Now I'm married for 2 and a half years to a wonderful woman and will be welcoming our 1st child in 33 days! #QuickSummary LOL

Oh I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that...such a lonely and difficult time for anyone. Good to hear you found Christ and turned yourself around

gave my life to Christ.  Best decision I ever made.

Nailed. Why were you so against me calling you religious? 

Because I am not.  Do we really have to go thru this again.  Is Jesus a religion? I think not. Christianity means to be Christ like.  A true follower of Christ is not a religious person either.  Religion has more to do with man, and laws.  Where as Christ has more to do with righteousness and grace.  If you honestly wanna "discuss" this again, PM me.  I'm not really interested in clogging up another thread.

Because I am not.  Do we really have to go thru this again.  Is Jesus a religion? I think not. Christianity means to be Christ like.  A true follower of Christ is not a religious person either.  Religion has more to do with man, and laws.  Where as Christ has more to do with righteousness and grace.  If you honestly wanna "discuss" this again, PM me.  I'm not really interested in clogging up another thread.

picard-facepalm-o.gif

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Why that gif