Life Experience?

fufu ÷

I think we all know where this came from...

What major 'life experiences' would you say that you have had? Is life experience measurable? What are some of the major things that have happened in your life, or things you've done?

Summarise it, or go into as much detail as you want, just don't slag off someone else's (unless they deserve it).

I almost got arrested at a hospital once cause the gift shop person thought I looked suspect & call the cops on me. I was at some vending machines & cops came up to me surrounded me & started questioning me, until my mom came up & starting pulling stuff out of my jacket pocket explaining I'd bought everything in my pocket, but the cops kept mean mugging until my mom pulled a biscuit of my pocket I had put in there from breakfast & the cops busted out laughing & left lol.

well i had to experience 4 years of failing most subjects in school until being diagnosed with dyspraxia then i had to experience a grueling 2 years of hard work and studying to barely pass my final exams

well i had to experience 4 years of failing most subjects in school until being diagnosed with dyspraxia then i had to experience a grueling 2 years of hard work and studying to barely pass my final exams

Yeah, I forgot you were a dumby. I did decent in school, problems led me to doing way worse than anticipated though.

Let's see... I was riding in the back of a pickup that got t-boned thus sending me out of it resulting in my upper lip having to be reconstructed, the left side of my face had some serious roadrash that lead to me picking out little rocks for a few days after and the docs kept saying if I was like ten pounds lighter I would have broke my neck. Oh, did I mention that was the exact same kind of accident that resulted in my dad dying when I was seven months old?

There's also the fact that I've fucked up my back so many times over the years (no doubt from the previously mentioned accident) that it tends to go out once a year, most recently with the move, the results in my being stuck on the couch for anywhere from 2 days to three weeks. At least it's given me a high tolerance for pain...

There's quite a few more I could go on about but those two are pretty common knowledge here, the first maybe only to told timers but still. Let's put it this way, this topic will result in me feeling old when I see everyone talking about being held back a grade in school or the time they lost their car keys and had to walk 3 blocks home. </cranky old man post>

Well when I was born I had a hole in my diafram and all my intestines were up in my chest I also had a hernia so I've had about 5 surgeries on my stomach and most recent on was 2006 and it took me 3 weeks to start walking again I can't play any sports because of it but I live everyday and I still have a dream of being a pro wrestler

Edited by FollowTheBuzzards

Well when I was born I had a hole in my diafram and all my intestines were up in my chest I also had a hernia so I've had about 5 surgeries on my stomach and most recent on was 2006 and it took me 3 weeks to start walking again I can't play any sports because of it but I live everyday and I still have a dream of being a pro wrestler

I can't either due to my heart condition.

Went to US three times, each time to see Wrestlemania (20, 21 & 22).

Achieved a life goal by meeting Bret Hart, my hero as a kid growing up.

Only english football fans will get this one. Boo'd at and right in Ashley Cole's face. Twice. I'm an Arsenal fan.

Got a mortgage, bought a house. Got married. Had a kid. Proper grown up shiz.

I've attended 3 WWE events in Sydney, those were the greatest moments of my life.

Moving out to a different house by myself, hopefully get a job soon, just independent stuff.

Travelled the world, or a decent part of it so far. US, Australia, Hong Kong, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Cyprus, Lanzarote, Mexico, Bali, Egypt, Switzerland, Belgium, and there's 2 other little ones I can't for the life of me remember the names. Then i've been pretty much everywhere in England, quite a lot of Scotland and Wales too. Ireland has thus far eluded me. Saw some great sights, landmarks. Seen abject poverty and obscene riches up close. Lots of different cultures and lifestyles. I've been blessed in that regard.

I've been hit by a car once, and narrowly avoided it a few other occasions. The time I got hit, I pretty much did a flip, landed on and cut half my face, which was a total mess for a week or so after but thankfully didn't scar.

I've been in the house, alone, when burglars tried to break in. That one was especially harrowing, as less than an hour before i'd got a phone call telling me that my granddad had died, so I was already in a very fragile state and that just really messed with me. I was also home alone for over a week after that as well, which shit me up pretty bad.

Education wise, I underachieved in highschool because I was more interested in girls and having fun, but I still got good grades. Plenty of B's. College, I half assed from start to finish and came out with an A and an A*. Uni, I got pretty depressed about half way through and lost a lot of motivation and ended up just slumping through it to get a pretty average final degree. Wish i'd never gone to uni though. Left me really unhappy, stressed and without direction, although after having leaving, a lot of that weight is gone. Still not worth it though.

While I was in my second year of uni, I was in a car accident when some asshole in a white van crashed into me on the motorway. Basically left me unable to lift anything because my back was totally fucked for over a year. Only just getting a lot of the strength in it back recently. I got a pretty decent settlement, but i'd rather have had a fully functioning body for the last year and a half, because my fitness level has tanked due to that.

I'm not afraid to try drugs. There are some that i'll never touch i.e- heroin, but a vast majority i'm not averse to trying given the right circumstances. I've done a nice little selection, and I do enjoy them as an occasional treat on special occasions - usually two a year, tops per drug. I don't just do them when I feel like it. I am very strict with them.

If I can think of any more, i'll maybe add them.

Edited by fufu ♡

My limbs are fucked up, because I started lifting at a very young age (and, as I am pretty bullheaded, I'm not gonna stop unless I seriously have to). E.g. I almost tore my quads squatting 160 kilos at the age of 14. I'm not overstraining my limbs as much now a days, though.

I got bullied as a kid, until I got enough self confidence to shut them up (with words, never got into an actual fight so far). To this day the bullies still insist that they were never serious and that all has been a joke. I call bullshit on that.

I never tried alcohol, cigarettes or any other form of drugs, and never will. I don't do this because of CM Punk, as many wrestling fans are assuming, but because it's my own decision. Can't a wrestling fan do one decision on it's own without everyone assuming it's because of wrestling? Jeez

Witnessed my step dad hitting my mother at seven years old. They were divorced shortly after. I didn't sleep more than an hour or two a night for several years after that. I now speak out on violence against women any chance I get.

Heart break. No pun intended, but I've been in long relationships over the years. Some three years, others two years that just didn't work out. Some of it self inflicted. Others I gave my all to less than faithful women. I am now with an incredible woman whom I plan to marry in the near future. I feel like those failed relationships molded me for better or for worse.

No college degree. I was not able to afford college and was forced to work factory jobs right out of school. Hated it with a passion. But with everyone telling me no over the years, through hard work, I have proven them wrong. I am now a supervisor over one of the nation's highest rated medical companies. I feel not having the education as most of my coworkers has only made me a harder worker to prove I belong.

My mother has a mental illness. I'm her primary care taker. The biological father left when I was only two days old, and I haven't had a real parental figure since I was six. I am proud of who I've become today, and I take care of my mother while balancing time with my girl and my job.

Just a few of mine. :)

Witnessed my step dad hitting my mother at seven years old. They were divorced shortly after. I didn't sleep more than an hour or two a night for several years after that. I now speak out on violence against women any chance I get.

Hence the reason we are bruthas from otha muthas, Ladyhawk. And from what I've seen and heard of the girl of yours, you better put a ring on it or I will! Don't worry, I'll share ;)

That bit about college is true. From what I've seen and noticed in life, the people who goto college and get a "good" job are a lot less happy in life. Some of the happiest people I've met are the tow truck drivers, garbage men, etc. You make your life what you want and to me it seems people who put all the stress of college and a "good" job on themselves are a lot less happy than they'd like or deserve to be. Might just be me who thinks that but...

I don't think college is the reason for that, or certainly not the main one. As I see it, the higher your intelligence, the lower your happiness tends to be. Or at least, the two go hand in hand. It also depends how 'tuned in' to thinking about, or overthinking life you are.

Hence the reason we are bruthas from otha muthas, Ladyhawk. And from what I've seen and heard of the girl of yours, you better put a ring on it or I will! Don't worry, I'll share ;)

That bit about college is true. From what I've seen and noticed in life, the people who goto college and get a "good" job are a lot less happy in life. Some of the happiest people I've met are the tow truck drivers, garbage men, etc. You make your life what you want and to me it seems people who put all the stress of college and a "good" job on themselves are a lot less happy than they'd like or deserve to be. Might just be me who thinks that but...

The thing is, you guys may think that I don't know what I am talking about because I'm 13, but you don't need to be smart to have a good life. You need to be hardworking cuz' the people who are hardworking are successful.

I mean when I graduate from high school in 4 years, I'll get the chance to study in a tertiary institution. And I'm ganna take it.

I just mean when you have the chance to take an oppotunity,a working oppotunity, instead of studying for 5 years it might be worth it.

I've had police come over to my house thanks to an argument brewing up between family members on Christmas, I sat with my brother who was in hospital with an infected leg which almost took his life, he went through 17 surgeries, my grades dropped tremendously that year of my life in school. I was bullied for 6 years of my life, verbally and physically.

No plans on sharing, but thanks for the offer, my friend. Lol! :)

You make your life what you want

Couldn't agree more.

It amazes me how few people realize that your day/life is what you make it. I goto work everyday in a good mood smiling and bullshitting which leads to me at least having a decent day most times. The sooner people realize your mood makes a difference the better.