I have a question

RollingRocky300

Hello everyone,my ps3 is only has 12 GB.now,i want to upgrade the hard drive to 500 GB.I am in Chennai,India right now.There's a sony center nearby.

Question 1 :Will they upgrade the hard drive from 12 GB to 500 GB?

Question 2:If yes,how much will they cost?

Question 3:How will i get my data out of the current 12 GB hard drive?

Question 4:i have other backup files of other games.can they put that into the new 500 GB Hard Drive?

Buy your own 500GB hard drive and stick it in. 

That's what I did with my PS3. Just look up the model number of the system & see what size (actual physical size hard drive) your PS3 takes & buy you one. I got mine on Amazon for around $50 & it was a Seagate too, one of the best.

Also, you can watch videos on Youtube on how to replace hard drives in PS3s, that's how I learned :)

Now as for backing up your data, just buy a USB flash drive & you can back up all your data there, just go to the Playstation website & it will show you how.

Yeah it's made to be upgraded, you don't need to open the whole console.

The 12GB PS3 is the newer slim console though I think, I think that needs a mounting bracket accessory that is sold by Sony (it's a budget model so they've cut corners). The one thing I can be certain of is - the people in the Sony Center will have no idea about any of it, they are just salesmen paid to sell MP3 players and TVs.