Tutorial to hack SVR 05 Models into newer SVR Games With Model Index

eri619

[big]I've managed to hack-in Undertaker from SVR05 and made it compatible in newer games.To date,SVR 05 models were incompatible in newer games,but indeed they are compatible in newer games.

Here are the features of SVR05 Models

*Follows the same bone system as that of newer models except for the tongue(could be made transparent),which is less important.So no worries.
*Works in all Player Slots
*These Can be made compatible in newer games.
*We could only have blood on the face,but not on the body(again which is less important)
Now why didn't SVR 05 Models work in newer games?.

Reason-Newer games have two separate PAC Files for Wrestlers,Inring and Entrance,but SVR 05 had only one pac for both.
The inring textures are of smaller Resolution thats why when SVR 05 Models of higher resolution failed to load when these were imported over low resolution inring models.

SVR05 models Can be made compatible in newer games by remapping/resizing textures into the low resolution in-ring texture format which the newer games could read.big]SCREENSHOTS[/bi

Phenom.png

o0i73zf4ot4l0n1fg.jpg

hbk.jpg

roddy_pipper.jpg

batista.jpg

hardy.jpg

TUTORIAL

Before reading the tutorial,you need some requisites in order to follow the tutorial.

*Basic Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
Alpha Fixing Tutorial By Cue or Alpha Fixing Tutorial by 80las(Compulsory for people who does not know how to fix alpha)
*Basic Copy/Paste knowledge while using a Hex Editor(I Recommend Hex Editor Neo)
*Common Sense
*Interest
*Patience

So i do not encourage people who does not possess the above to read the tutorial.

Here are some details:
*)The newer SVR Games only reads in-ring pac files which is of lesser file size than 630 kb.If it exceeds that file size,the model will only work during the entrance,if we try to skip entrance,the game will freeze.our objective is to make the pac file size as small as possible.
In Order to do that we need to re-size the SVR05 models into a smaller resolution.

Its Recommended to download all the resources which i have provided below.

These are the steps:

SECTION 1 Resizing/Remapping the textures
------------------------------------------

*First extract the character from SVR 05 which you want to hack into newer games.(In this case I will use Legend Undertaker or Phenom gimmick of undertaker from SVR 05)

*Export all textures from the pac file along with their txc files.

*Count the number of textures it has,in the case of undertaker,it has 17 tm2 textures in total.

*Now count the number of 256 Colors textures it has(In the case of undertaker the model has 4 256 colors TM2 textures,all the rest are in 16 colors)

*Next we need to find a wrestler from newer games with similar attributes for files.(In this example we are converting undertaker)
in this case i'm using Umaga to convert Undertaker.Umaga's model has more textures than the undertakers model.
Now we need to make sure that Umaga's model has equal or more number of 256 color tm2 textures like Undertaker which it has.
Umaga's model has 9 256 color textures.(Use Adobe Photoshop to resize the textures)

*Now resize the Undertaker's textures to the resolution of Umaga's textures.For example Undertakers SVR05 face texture is of 256x256 resolution and it is of 256 color format so find a texture of 256 color format from umaga,resize Undertakers face to Umaga's file's resolution(in this case i used Umaga's face texture) i.e 128X64.Now rename umaga's .tm2 file with the undertakers texture name.(for example U_Face.tm2 to tk_face.tm2.Also do the same for the txc files.
You can also resize it to lower resolution(it only has to be a multiple of 4)
You can also change the color format.If the original texture is of 256 colors,we can change it to 16 colors.
*Do the same for the other files.

NB-Make the tongue texture transparent and don't resize the blood texture,let it remain as it is.Its already of a smaller resolution.If you resize any textures into a very small resolution,they end up being transparent,so use a fair resolution,keeping in mind the quality.

Now here are a list of models from newer games which i would recommend to use for conversion of models from SVR05.

For 256 Colors
Umaga
Kid Kash
Vance Archer

16 colors
The Rock
Masked Kane
Vance Archermodel,note down the resolution of textures

Hardcore.png

SECTION 2 Hexing
---------------------
Open up the newly converted tm2 texture and its txc file in a hex editor,i recommend Neo Hex Editor.
 Both tm2 and txc files share common characteristics.The first four lines of both the files is the header part.
What you have to do is open the tm2 file in the hex editor and select all the data beginning from the 5th line to the end.Now open up the txc file in the hex editor and paste the data you just copied at the beginning of the 5th line.Now save the file.
Now close the hex editor and make sure that both tm2 and txc files are of the same size.

Hexing.png

Hexing2.png

Repeat the same for all the textures and their respective txc files.

SECTION 3,Creating a new Texture Archive.
--------------------------------------------
Place the new textures and their txc's in the directory of Xpacker(inside its main folder)Then open up xpacker and create a new texture archive.Then select the .txc files only,then click create archive and save it as 09.pac.

SECTION 4,Injecting the New 09.pac over the old one.
----------------------------------------------------
After creating texture archive,open up the SVR05 pac file and extract 02.YOBJ.Then open up  pac file in Xpacker,now inject 02.Yobj which you extracted and then inject the newly created 09.pac texture archive

Now check the file size of the Pac file,it should be <630 kb

You're done,now import the pac file over the entrance and in-ring slots.

I cannot explain anymore simpler than this.I've given examples at many places so that everyone could understand.

DISCLAIMER

This content should not be reproduced or re-posted anywhere else without my permission.This content has been patented by me.

[big]RESOURCES[/big]

INDEX OF CONVERTED MODELS

Legend Undertaker(1992)

(Credit:ERI619)

Undertaker(2005)

(Credit:ryokudou)

Y2J Ponytail

John Cena

John Cena Entrance

Bubba Ray Dudley

(Credit:ryokudou

Rhyno

Edge

Mark Jindrak

(Credit:dadydodo)

Randy Orton

The Rock

Triple H

Animal(Road Warriors)

Hawk(Road Warriors)

Batista

Rene Dupree(Frenchie)

Shawn Michaels Tights

Chuck Palumbo

Brutus BeefCake

Masked Kane

D Von Dudley

Christian

Rico

Kurt Angle

Shawn Michaels Jeans

Chavo Guerrero

Hardcore Holly

Paul Heyman

Bradshaw

Rey Mysterio

Shelton Benjamin

Chris Benoit

Booker T

Jimmy Snuka

A-Train

Eddie Guerrero

(Credit:The Best)

Edited by eri619
  • Like 2

Good work :)

I knew that the issue was the size of the textures, that is the reason why I created the "new texture archive" option in X-Packer. The filesize issue also exists in the xbox version as the entrance models use higher poly and higher res textures.

Good find though guys. If only we could convert the older models to work on the xbox version.

Good work :)

I knew that the issue was the size of the textures, that is the reason why I created the "new texture archive" option in X-Packer. The filesize issue also exists in the xbox version as the entrance models use higher poly and higher res textures.

Good find though guys. If only we could convert the older models to work on the xbox version.

i saw a post in your blog about YOBJ Models,is it for the PS2 or XBOX 360.also does your X-Rey tool support PS2 Models?

X-Rey only supports xbox 360/ps3 models for now.

Also forgot to mention that x-packer can convert the tm2 to txc file for you. Just use the import button.

I know,but that cannot be used because we cannot use .txc's from different wrestlers.We can only use txc from a wrestler,if we use txc's from different wrestlers,we will get texture overlaps.For example head texture may appear on the arms.

The use .dds files, I trhink Bugsy meant for older 360 models to work in the current games. A litle like you have done here with the HCTP models, even if we could import a PS2 model into a current gen game it wouldnt look god as it would be to low poly.

ok, atleast you guys can try import older game model in current game with fixed bones now(i don't know if this work for ps3/360 model)

Its not easy like you think,newer models have different format of bones and it is difficult to decipher.

Ok guys, here's a rough idea of the ps2 yobj model format. I'm sure 100% sure it's accurate, more like 80% sure :) . Check it out and see if there is anything else you guys discover. Posting this info in both the texture and bone threads as it relates to both:

148zvpt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...