tbh, they can control it even if their metabolism is against them. it's not to say they'll be skinny or whatever, but you can turn that to muscle with exercise, which at the end of the day is a lot better - both to look at and for health reasons. as someone brought them up before, guys like Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt will have a solid core of muscle under their layer of fat. also in Joe's defence, he's Samoan, and it's almost bred into their genes that they get big (until you start diluting the genes).

In the same paragraph you tell me they can control their weight even if metabolism is against them and then end it saying Joe is genetically fat LOL. Joe used to weigh at least 50 pounds lighter when he first started. Also there are a bunch of Samoans that are ripped and don't have that chunkier build that guys like Joe and Meng have.

Anyone can lose weight and get into shape I agree. Metabolism can be an uphill battle, and they just have to try harder. From what I have experienced with my friend when I was trying to help him lose weight, it was VERY difficult for him to do so. He was so out of shape he couldn't really exercise. When he did try he wasn't capable of doing it long enough to burn many calories. It really sucks that the dude let himself get like that, but he was actively trying to change things around.

Edited by TheHippopotomus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fufu ÷

• Fozy

• BrokenDreams23

• Mystiquε

@Brotch: I sit around eating food alot & I don't get fat, even when I try to get just a little because I need a little meat on my bones & you know why, it's cause like Hippo said......I have a high metabolism that burns off fat. Some "fat" people could have a low metabolism that hinders them from losing fat, so not all "fat" are "lazy" people that can help themselves being "fat".

If I'd get a dollar bill every time I read this argument I'd be rich
What? lol you always talking about weight then? Your girlfriend Jenny Craig? lol.

Seriously, what argument? I just told how it is for me & that could......could be the same for others, I dunno. I ain't tryna argue :)

I was talking about the "I sit & eat but still skinny" argument. & sure I do talk plenty about fat loss with people I know either at college or at camp

Oh! See there I go again making assumptions & make a ass of myself lol. Seriously though, I can eat a lot & not gain a lot of weight, I gain some but not a lot. It's weird, might have something to do with excessive masturbation.......I never said that lol.

@Brotch: I sit around eating food alot & I don't get fat, even when I try to get just a little because I need a little meat on my bones & you know why, it's cause like Hippo said......I have a high metabolism that burns off fat. Some "fat" people could have a low metabolism that hinders them from losing fat, so not all "fat" are "lazy" people that can help themselves being "fat".

If I'd get a dollar bill every time I read this argument I'd be rich
What? lol you always talking about weight then? Your girlfriend Jenny Craig? lol.

Seriously, what argument? I just told how it is for me & that could......could be the same for others, I dunno. I ain't tryna argue :)

I was talking about the "I sit & eat but still skinny" argument. & sure I do talk plenty about fat loss with people I know either at college or at camp

Oh! See there I go again making assumptions & make a ass of myself lol. Seriously though, I can eat a lot & not gain a lot of weight, I gain some but not a lot. It's weird, might have something to do with excessive masturbation.......I never said that lol.
Maybe the foods you eat are low in fat. Like baked potatoes etc. & the only way you can boost your metabolism is through muscle gain & conditioning. & no dawg, you ain't making a ass out of yourself.

tbh, they can control it even if their metabolism is against them. it's not to say they'll be skinny or whatever, but you can turn that to muscle with exercise, which at the end of the day is a lot better - both to look at and for health reasons. as someone brought them up before, guys like Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt will have a solid core of muscle under their layer of fat. also in Joe's defence, he's Samoan, and it's almost bred into their genes that they get big (until you start diluting the genes).

In the same paragraph you tell me they can control their weight even if metabolism is against them and then end it saying Joe is genetically fat LOL. Joe used to weigh at least 50 pounds lighter when he first started. Also there are a bunch of Samoans that are ripped and don't have that chunkier build that guys like Joe and Meng have.

Anyone can lose weight and get into shape I agree. Metabolism can be an uphill battle, and they just have to try harder. From what I have experienced with my friend when I was trying to help him lose weight, it was VERY difficult for him to do so. He was so out of shape he couldn't really exercise. When he did try he wasn't capable of doing it long enough to burn many calories. It really sucks that the dude let himself get like that, but he was actively trying to change things around.

what i'm saying is that it's "healthy fatness" Their fat to muscle ratio is probably quite average, rather than being skewed towards fat. I have no beef with people like that, because at least they're healthy and attempt to control it. people who don't control are the ones who are worse, in my eyes.

what i'm saying is that it's "healthy fatness" Their fat to muscle ratio is probably quite average, rather than being skewed towards fat. I have no beef with people like that, because at least they're healthy and attempt to control it. people who don't control are the ones who are worse, in my eyes.

I hear you, a lot of them have given up. That's why I am trying to build a case against shaming them. It's like some guy standing on the ledge of the building about to jump and you walk by and say "You're pathetic and disgusting and you should have lived differently." He's not going to step off and be like "Wow, this guy is right, I should try living differently and all of my past issues that brought me here won't exist!" lol.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to get in better shape and live healthy, they absolutely should, I just don't see how shaming someone that is aware of their issues is anything other that kicking someone when they are down. Morbidly obese people are not in a good place in their life and most of the ones who joke around about it and act like they don't care are doing so as a defense mechanism.

I hear you, a lot of them have given up. That's why I am trying to build a case against shaming them. It's like some guy standing on the ledge of the building about to jump and you walk by and say "You're pathetic and disgusting and you should have lived differently." He's not going to step off and be like "Wow, this guy is right, I should try living differently and all of my past issues that brought me here won't exist!" lol.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to get in better shape and live healthy, they absolutely should, I just don't see how shaming someone that is aware of their issues is anything other that kicking someone when they are down. Morbidly obese people are not in a good place in their life and most of the ones who joke around about it and act like they don't care are doing so as a defense mechanism.

I don't see shaming as telling them to give up. I see it as telling them to get the fuck down from the ledge and sort yourself out. I think a culture of fat shaming could be beneficial. People educated earlier about proper diet and exercise. I don't mean downright abusing people. I mean making sure they are aware of how bad the things they do to their body is, and it's affects on those around them.

btw, I don't actually have a stance on it as such, i'm just playing devil's advocate in here more than anything.

I don't see shaming as telling them to give up. I see it as telling them to get the fuck down from the ledge and sort yourself out. I think a culture of fat shaming could be beneficial. People educated earlier about proper diet and exercise. I don't mean downright abusing people. I mean making sure they are aware of how bad the things they do to their body is, and it's affects on those around them.

btw, I don't actually have a stance on it as such, i'm just playing devil's advocate in here more than anything.

Education is the key. I really think a lot of the blame falls on the school systems in place right now. They are feeding these kids sandwiches, french fries, snack cakes, and chocolate milk every day at lunch. The gym classes are catered to athletic sports people, which I loved, but the fat kids and nerds just stood around and felt left out because they couldn't play the game well. They could have added something like a Yoga where you could still get a work out but not have to learn a game to participate. I do DDP Yoga and it provided a great work out, especially in the winter when you can't just go outside and walk. The schools health classes also don't stress healthy eating. I know my mind was blown a few years back when I got the My Fitness Pro app and saw how shitty some of the items at popular restaurants are. Some stuff I really didn't expect to be that bad. McDonald's takes more heat that anyone, but compared to Chili's or Applebees? They aren't even bad lol.