So I was reading through the comments on one of my favourite music videos at the moment, and somebody in the comments brought up fat shaming. Right now i'm kinda having a good think into and whether or not I think it's a good thing or not. I'll show the video and the comments, just so you can see where the idea came from, but in general what are your thoughts on fat shaming?

Also a note on the video; it's actually a partial parody of Miley Cyrus' 23 video, and has basically offended a fair amount of people outside of Korea (generally westerners).

15i41er.jpg

2d11jz6.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fufu ÷

• Fozy

• BrokenDreams23

• Mystiquε

Shame them into getting fit?
No

Encourage them?
Yes.

I'm not all that healthy myself and still manage to maintain what is considered healthy for me.
Regardless why would you want to limit yourself by something as silly as fat. There is literally no plus side to it but a bit of fleeting mouth pleasure.

You can look good even with a little fat around your waist. But if you're too far it just looks un-healthy and disgusting.

So should they be told that to their face?

You can look good even with a little fat around your waist. But if you're too far it just looks un-healthy and disgusting.

The same can be said about people who are too thin.

I agree shaming people will cause more issues than solve anything. It will make people desperate to loose the weight. Desperate measures aren't normally the best decisions.

The same can be said about people who are too thin.
Exactly. I just love how society loves to defend fat people, while it's their own fault in the most cases. Of course, there are people who aren't genetically able to be in goos shape, also it's pretty hard getting in shape when you're either old or very young. But in the most cases, it's their own fault.

@Fufu

Well, you shouldn't run after fatties telling them that tgey are fat, but if a fatass would ask me wether he's fat, I wouldn't lie to him/her.

Edited by BrotchMrToast®

Shaming is about the worst thing you can do.

Explain.

I just feel like most heavier people are self conscious about their weight and bringing them down in order to change them isn't a great method at all, if anything it could make things worse. Motivation is the best way to go.

Explain.

I just feel like most heavier people are self conscious about their weight and bringing them down in order to change them isn't a great method at all, if anything it could make things worse. Motivation is the best way to go.

Something similar happened to a singer, she was told she was to fat. Butt can't remember her name.

Edited by ForeverInOurShadow

Explain.

Something similar happened to a singer, she was told she was to fat. Butt can't remember her name.

How did it end?

Explain.

How did it end?

The person who told her she was too fat to make it, ended up saying sorry and buying her something, that's all I remember.

Explain.

Adele? 

Yh her

How did it end?

The person who told her she was too fat to make it, ended up saying sorry and buying her something, that's all I remember.

You should write books. That story was riveting.

Ya know I find it kinda ironic that people "fat shame" but I've yet to see any "thin shaming", because just like you can be too "fat", you can be too "thin".

Anyway, people have no & I mean NO business concerning themselves with other people's bodies if all they are doing is making snide remarks in regards to how someone looks "fat & ugly". The only & I mean ONLY time ANYONE should be concerned about someone else's weight is if they are a family member or friend & are concerned for health reasons......otherwise, fuck off & mind your damn business & go chase a "thin/attractive" female.

Ya know I find it kinda ironic that people "fat shame" but I've yet to see any "thin shaming", because just like you can be too "fat", you can be too "thin".

Anyway, people have no & I mean NO business concerning themselves with other people's bodies if all they are doing is making snide remarks in regards to how someone looks "fat & ugly". The only & I mean ONLY time ANYONE should be concerned about someone else's weight is if they are a family member or friend & are concerned for health reasons......otherwise, fuck off & mind your damn business & go chase a "thin/attractive" female.

so people can't be concerned for the health of the general public?

Naw naw look here, if you all really wanna find a resolution to this whole fat shaming thing, you should consider a lot of things. For the sake of an example, a fat person is fat because he or she is lazy & eats more what he or she burns. Being lazy is not attractive & laziness is a trait in almost all fat individuals. So if you get rejected because your fat, ask yourself if you'd wanna spend the rest of your life with person who spends most of his budget on food & does little to no activity all day.

Yeah you can be concerned for the health of a stranger, if you're truly concerned for a person's health & are actually being productive in helping them get healthier, but "fat shaming" is not productive & could be considered down right bullying because the "fat shaming" I've seen has been asshat bitches making fun of & mocking overweight people & that shit IS NOT COOL.

Yeah you can be concerned for the health of a stranger, if you're truly concerned for a person's health & are actually being productive in helping them get healthier, but "fat shaming" is not productive & could be considered down right bullying because the "fat shaming" I've seen has been asshat bitches making fun of & mocking overweight people & that shit IS NOT COOL.

"some people don't learn by being told of the negatives. sometimes making them feel them is better." - do you have a response?

"some people don't learn by being told of the negatives. sometimes making them feel them is better." - do you have a response?

can i ask in as least offensive way as possible, are you fat?